Sponsored

Any Rubicon owners NOT planning to install lift/tires?

Are you leaving your Rubicon with stock wheels/tires?

• Total voters

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
I lifted my brand new 2002 f350 after I drove it off the lot. Ended up having an issue with the factory track bar. Warranty would not cover it due to the lift. Then there was the rough ride. I was never really happy with it.

Just sold it to order this jeep. I'm done with suspension modifications, getting to old for that stuff.

6843.jpeg

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not planning on a lift but would like to have wider tires.Maybe lt315/70r17r/e anyone else do this? would love to see pics first.
IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1845.JPG IMG_3464.JPG IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

315/70 r 17 DC No lift... yet

I don’t have enough pictures of my Jeep clean. Gonna have to get my son out with the hose and bucket

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Mine is a DD which I have my 1 and 3 year old in daily. I don't want the additional height right now with having to lift 2 little guys into it every day.

Its a well balanced, capable machine in stock form. Many lightly lifted JKs are barely running the same ground clearance and tire size as a stock JLUR.

The wheeling I would be doing is all fire roads and sandy areas. Other than the occasional water hole of indeterminate depth, a lift isnt always useful.

I never got stuck on those trails in my stock JK Sport S

Sponsored

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase

smazahreh

First Name
Saher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am having trouble deciding whether to install a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires or leave my JL Rubicon as is with the stock Rubicon wheels and 33 inch tires. I am coming out of a JK with a 3 inch lift and 35 inch tires so I was dead set on lifting my JL and placing 35's. Now that I have the JL, I enjoy the way it rides and the ease of getting in and out...not as much for me, but for my petite (short) wife and my daughters. I also like the way it looks with this stock configuration.

But...I know I will feel much better off-road with the lift and 35's. However, this is only about 5% of my driving.

Anyone leaving their Rubicon as is? If so, why?

Thanks!
My understanding is that the Rubicon has more lift than any of the other models and can handle 35's without any modification.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
My understanding is that the Rubicon has more lift than any of the other models and can handle 35's without any modification.
This is true but under extreme suspension articulation 35's will rub.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don't have any plans to lift or put bigger tires on, as of right now. Just under 1,000 miles and I thoroughly enjoy how it came from the factory. it's my daily driver, and it can handle anything i'd be taking it on, so it's good for me.

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I can't make up my mind

Last edited:
Reactions: EAE

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon, Subaru Outback
Leaving it stock until I wear out the current tires. Then I will do a 2" lift and switch to 35's. The Bronco's will be coming to market by then, may be worth a look. Ya never know!

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I'm sticking with stock for now. Really enjoy the ride and not sure how a lift and bigger tires will effect it. As Kellyc33 said might be looking at the new Bronco's also. Won't be selling the Rubicon though, just would be adding a third Vehicle to the family. A Rubicon, Bronco and 4Runner Trd Pro should fill up my three garage very nicely.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sticking with stock for now. Really enjoy the ride and not sure how a lift and bigger tires will effect it. As Kellyc33 said might be looking at the new Bronco's also. Won't be selling the Rubicon though, just would be adding a third Vehicle to the family. A Rubicon, Bronco and 4Runner Trd Pro should fill up my three garage very nicely.
That would be nice! I had a 4 Runner and a 1993 YJ Wrangler at the same time. Honestly, I rarely drove the 4 Runner. It just wasn't even a fraction as fun. I usually only drove the 4 Runner in the summer when it was raining and I had the top down/doors off of the the Jeep. Nothing like a Jeep, and the JL is the best yet.

The Mopar lift and 35" KO2's drives pretty similar to the stock Rubi. I think it rides a little softer. Stock, it was slightly quicker and a little better with cornering. Otherwise, there wasn't much difference. I would have been perfectly happy staying stock, but the lift and 35's is pretty awesome, too.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
That would be nice! I had a 4 Runner and a 1993 YJ Wrangler at the same time. Honestly, I rarely drove the 4 Runner. It just wasn't even a fraction as fun. I usually only drove the 4 Runner in the summer when it was raining and I had the top down/doors off of the the Jeep. Nothing like a Jeep, and the JL is the best yet.

The Mopar lift and 35" KO2's drives pretty similar to the stock Rubi. I think it rides a little softer. Stock, it was slightly quicker and a little better with cornering. Otherwise, there wasn't much difference. I would have been perfectly happy staying stock, but the lift and 35's is pretty awesome, too.
If I ever decided on a lift, would also go with Mopar 2" and 35". I do admit it is a great look.
Sponsored