Any Rubicon cloth owners out there

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
I had leather in my Rubi JK Hard Rock, and I did not really like it. Way too hot in the summer with the top down, plus, it looked rather worn out within just the first 6 months. Glad I went with cloth this time around in my 2018 Rubi JL.
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Yesterday, I sat and drove Rubicons both with leather and cloth seating. The leather seats felt thin and 'slippery'. I had to turn on the seat 'ventilation' almost immediately to feel comfortable. The cloth seats fit me much better and no problem about the seat feeling too warm.

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
I did the same thing. I eventually will upgrade to a darker tan Katzkin leather on my Mojito! Rubicon. I didnā€™t like the factory tan cloth or leather (too light) so just ordered black cloth.
You cant beat A Katzkin interior for the price. I have one in a Mustang GT and it's really top shelf.I plan on having my Jeep done. I will probably go with the hi-quality vinyl that lasts for a long time. I've had cars that were 35 yrs old and the stock vinyl still looked perfect. I never was a fan of cloth in a car.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I hear everyone's thought on Leather if you take care of it it will last forever. cloth it's your Jeep do what you want.
But worn Leather is still worth more than new cloth.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
+1 for leather .... LOL

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Don't buy a jeep and worry about resale value. Get what you want. I love my cloth, just scotchgard mine today

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Scotch Guard Lol better off using Hair spray

HeavyMetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4dr Rubicon
Who buys a wrangler and builds it for the purpose of resale? Buy the thing to use it!

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I consider crappy worn out/cracked leather a con, not a pro. If you're buying leather for resale, you better take care of it.

Sponsored

Jtimbrook

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Cloth is a value killer if you decide to trade in.
Thatā€™s interesting, I live in the desert where leather is a deal killer especially black leather. And honestly, if youā€™re trading in your vehicle the difference is negligible if you know how to deal correctly.

As far as the OP was asking, the cloth is great, and the redesign overall is comfier than the JK seats, way more luxury fit than before...

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with most of these comments. Cloth is very comfortable and much better in extreme cold and hot weather. If you plan on leaving the top off for any amount of time, I strongly recommend the cloth.

I like it more than my JK cloth.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I personally decided on leather in my Jeep, I liked the ā€˜extrasā€™ that came with upgrading to leather such as the trench cover for the rear seats, leather shifter, 4wd shifter, the rear seat fold down armrest, and leather dash. For me, I donā€™t have a problem taking care of leather, takes me 10 min to condition my seats every once in awhile. My old wranglerā€™s leather seats looked brand new when I traded it in for my JL. Yes it does get hot in the summer, but I have a spiderweb shade that greatly helps. Plus, I feel like the cloth would fade a bit faster with the UV rays like my padding did on my role bar on my old JK. All personal preference though
Sponsored