Sponsored

Any reviews on aftermarket skid plates/ bellypans?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed...I actually like the design of Rough Country's full skid system for $799. Good coverage with smooth profile for sliding and bolts are recessed. Weighs 155lbs...about 50lbs less than Metalcloak's belly system.
wUYkphh.png

ccONQQr.png
It looks like you are running Synergy lift and Control arms, if so, how do you like them? I’ve got my eye on their 2 inch stage 1 lift
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It looks like you are running Synergy lift and Control arms, if so, how do you like them? I’ve got my eye on their 2 inch stage 1 lift
That's not my jeep in the pics. I'm only running synergy draglink and tie rod...so cant help on lift

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
Need some help with a FAD skid. I recently put the RockHard LCA skids on. I ordered the MC FAD skid, hearing that they didnt work together. I thought i might be able to cut/grind and make it fit. Looks like that is NOT possible. If anyone has this combo working, please let me know.

What FAD skids are compatible with the RockHard LCA skids? Artec?

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I'm a big skid plate believer even though I don't play on the rocks. I've previously had road debris tear out an oil pan while flying down the interstate so an engine/tranny skid was my first mod.
I went with a MORE on my 2dr Rubicon just because I got a deal but it makes the oil change a huge mess. Just splatters and runs everywhere. My previous HardRock jk skid didn't adversely impact oil changes.
Otherwise the MORE is stout and does the job. Good fit and solid.

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Don't know if it's been touched on, steel will be heavier than aluminum but will slide easier, aluminum is lighter but it may be prone to gouging so not as good for rock crawling. Not an expert just what I've read

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know if it's been touched on, steel will be heavier than aluminum but will slide easier, aluminum is lighter but it may be prone to gouging so not as good for rock crawling. Not an expert just what I've read
Yes, if this were soft aluminum, you would probably be correct. However, there are different alloys of aluminum, some that are harder than others and resist the gouging much more than others. If you want to learn more about what alloys are often used, hit up Gerald Lee at Savvy Offroad. The stuff that he makes and sells, he also uses on the Hammers trails which are the same that KOH is run on. Based on this, I am not going to hesitate to trust my Jeep to a good set of aluminum skids when I get some.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I added the MORE oil/trans skid and rancho f/r diff skid’s and the quality of both is top notch the MORE skid has a hole for draining the engine oil I will get some pictures in the morning of them both.
Sponsored