SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I ordered a JLUR with just remote start. You don’t need to order it with the cold weather package.
you are correct, I misspoke ....it is included in the cold weather package
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
just curious as to why you are selling if you don't mind?
Don’t mind a bit! Found out a few weeks ago I’ll be heading back overseas for another year or so. Last time was right after I bought it. At this point it’s just not worth it to store or ask someone to keep an eye on it for me. Makes sense to let it go to a good home!

Thexr6

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2007 JK Rubi, 2021WL overland
Jlu Rubi owner -
Wish I’d waited a year and got Hemi (maybe still will)
Other than that, unless you have time or enjoy wrenching, I’d suggest buy every option possible, add from there. Factory LEDS/Alpine/cold weather/tech etc.

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, looks like the sale of my Explorer will be official today and I sent my final build off to Kent to work his magic.

after many back and forth builds I finally decided on

2021 JLU Rubicon
Sting Gray
Hard Top
Color Matched Fenders
Leather
Auto/2.0
Tow/Aux pkg
Cold Weather w/remote start pkg
8.4/Alpine

$53,355 MSRP

Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? 1615233979877

Last edited:

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Have a 2020 Rubi v6,
The only regret I have is that I didn’t wait a year to order a 2021 with dual option door group other than that I absolutely love ours.

33106398-DEDF-4234-AFFD-0273F43CEA85.jpeg

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
well, looks like the sale of my Explorer will be official today and I sent my final build off to Kent to work his magic.

after many back and forth builds I finally decided on

2021 JLU Rubicon
Sting Gray
Hard Top
Color Matched Fenders
Leather
Auto/2.0
Tow/Aux pkg
Cold Weather w/remote start pkg
LED pkg

$52,655 MSRP

1615233979877.png
Make sure you get the regular leather seats, not the Mopar leather seats. The regular leather adds a rear fold down center armrest, Sahara’s leather-covered door armrests with extra padding and contrasting stitching, Rubicon logo embroidering and red stitching throughout the entire cabin.

The Mopar leather seats are perforated, but you lose the rear center armrest, you get molded plastic door armrests, and you lose the Rubicon embroidering and the red stitching.

Regular Rubicon leather interior
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? 1615235084630

Mopar leather interior
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? 1615235192641

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you get the regular leather seats, not the Mopar leather seats. The regular leather adds a rear fold down center armrest, Sahara’s leather-covered door armrests with extra padding and contrasting stitching, Rubicon logo embroidering and red stitching throughout the entire cabin.

The Mopar leather seats are perforated, but you lose the rear center armrest, you get molded plastic door armrests, and you lose the Rubicon embroidering and the red stitching.

Regular Rubicon leather interior
1615235084630.jpeg

Mopar leather interior
1615235192641.jpeg
yeah I got the regular leather $1695 one with the red stitching 😎

I also switched out the LED pkg for the 8.4 w/Alpine pkg after talking to Kent.
Figure much easier to do after market LED than the 8.4 and stereo system

Last edited:

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you drive both it’ll be easy to choose.
I had the 3.6 in my jk and it feels even better in my JL.
Interesting! I had a Wrangler with 3.6 and now have the I4 Turbo in a 2019 JLU. I thought the performance was much better with the I4 and have had no issues.

Funny how people come to different conclusions. I love the way it drives and have no regrets. Oh well.......:fist bump:

tbOscarMike

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Oscar Mike
The Alpine is worth it, the uConnect 8.4 isn't worth it though, especially if you have a smartphone.

I have the 8.4 and only use the USB for music and Bluetooth for phone calls, navigation is always done using Waze.

I think the most basic uConnect is capable of USB and Bluetooth, and that is all you really need.
I have the 5”, wish I had the 7”

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
The Alpine is worth it, the uConnect 8.4 isn't worth it though, especially if you have a smartphone.

I have the 8.4 and only use the USB for music and Bluetooth for phone calls, navigation is always done using Waze.

I think the most basic uConnect is capable of USB and Bluetooth, and that is all you really need.
the 8.4” alpine is actually one of my favorite factory sound systems I ever had

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting! I had a Wrangler with 3.6 and now have the I4 Turbo in a 2019 JLU. I thought the performance was much better with the I4 and have had no issues.

Funny how people come to different conclusions. I love the way it drives and have no regrets. Oh well.......:fist bump:
I had the 2.0t it was noisy and gettingbought back, so I am getting the v6 this time especially since then new v6 doesn’t have the ess

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still waiting on my ordered Jeep with the cold weather package. I live in LA now and I figure the Jeep will be what we take skiing in the Sierras. We used to live near Seattle and brrr cold in the mountains. Thus heated seats and steering wheel.

I went with the premium soft top only. I don’t want to store the hard top, and I don’t worry about “security”. I’ve had convertibles for 25 of the last 35 years with zero issues. I’ve had two windows broken out of non-convertibles and one truck stolen. I don’t figure the soft top is additional risk.
I have run the premium soft top full time for 2 years no ragrets...keeps it cool in summer and warm in winter.. more head room, black interior headliner, way more functional for open air experience... and I actu Lock everything in the center console or in the storage space under the floor of the trunk.. the only time I ever stressed was when I bought a new tv and the wife asked me to stop at a specific store out of the way on the way home... I actually run safari mode 9 months of the year..

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I do regret on the first jl not getting the dark saddle interior, and not getting proximity door locks, and I regretted mildly the 4cyl but my new one is on order and I fixed those over sights and also am getting auto 4hi,

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I do regret on the first jl not getting the dark saddle interior, and not getting proximity door locks, and I regretted mildly the 4cyl but my new one is on order and I fixed those over sights and also am getting auto 4hi,
Don’t feel bad: saddle leather wasn’t available for the first two years. There was Heritage tan, which was a light cream color.
Sponsored