Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

Docjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, Lexus, Tiffin, Chaparral
The color is similar to the ocean's aquamarine we see here at the beach often. We live on the Gulf Coast, so Bikini Pearl fits right in with our Jeep'n and beach'n lifestyle.
Semper Fi
Sponsored

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I have a JLUR with the body colored top and fenders. It is clearly the least common color out there. I have only seen 2 other ones driving around since they launched it. I see Punkn and Mojito everywhere. Definitely no ragrets.

IMG_8117.jpg

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
It looks like I'm picking up a Bikini colored Wrangler on Saturday. The color is CRAZY... I just can't decide if it's crazy cool or crazy "out there". Those of you that have lived with a Bikini Wrangler... any second guesses or regrets? Would you buy the same color if given a second chance? I'm curious. Here's a good representation of it:
That video is not good to judge the color because it was done indoors with different colored reflective surfaces, etc. You need to see it in natural light to get a real idea of what it is.

(PS: I'm not a fan of the color just for the record)

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered it, appeared to be blue, and I wanted a blue one that looked like my first Jeep a CJ 7, at the dealership they pulled up with a green one, then it appeared blue/teal, I said I’ll take her!

Love the color when outdoors and in my garage and when it looks teal, still growing on me when she looks green....also like that I have not seen another bikini in Phoenix yet.

CD50129A-B5B2-4E23-8201-98B3DFB9E60F.jpeg
We’ll hold on for now. Haha I’m moving out there in a few months with my bikini in tow. :rock:

Docjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, Lexus, Tiffin, Chaparral
Just looking at some old pictures on my computer taken when I was last in Venezuela, and lots of the shanty town houses are painted that color - Bikini Pearl. Wonder if that is where Jeep got the idea.

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Not even a little with mine, other than yellow, it's probably the least common color that I see around Tucson, and only seen one other Rubi. It's fun having something different from most of the others and there are a TON of wranglers of all models out here.

2019-10-31.jpg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon - Previous Jeeps: 2018 JL Rubicon, 56 Willys, 78 CJ-5, 79 CJ-7, 2010 JK Mountain, 2014 JK Sport, 2016 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not my color, but it's the wife unit's Rubi.
Lots of people ask about it in the five days we've owned it.

8G0DQRvlTOqx7PMKdp0+cg_thumb_1ae.jpg

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I have owned a lot of vehicles, but I have NEVER gotten as many compliments on the color as this one!

People actually have stopped us, as we drive through parking lots, yelling out how much they love it!!!

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Cant answer the question, but the feeling you have now scared me off.

I wanted a somewhat crazy color because Wranglers are kinda crazy compared to all else.

I got yellow. Still wild compared to the amount of Grey, black, and white cars, but feels kinda normal for a Wrangler.

Just make sure you are happy. Nobody has to look at it more than you. You can see that paint color from the driver seat in a dozen locations.
I chose yellow because my daughter who is a leukemia survivor wanted that and who could argue with that. I saw bikini and my wife loves it, but I am so happy I got yellow. The only thing I want to do is get the red dash since mine is a 2019.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 for black hardtop and fenders. Bikini JLUR here in town is all bikini- painted top and fenders . Just too much with no contrast.
There are certain colors where having painted fenders and painted top are just too much. I think Hellayella is the same way and chose black top and painted fenders. I just really like that combo. Personally Firecracker Red should have black fenders and top.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like bikini. it was the last color eliminated for me, but I ended up getting punkn. I feel like bikini has 5 different tints/shades depending on the lighting...I like 3 of them.
Feel the same way. Was trying to decide between Firecracker Red, Mojito, and Hellayella and saw Bikini on a dealers lot. It was overcast and the color just didn’t do it for me. In the sunlight it is a completely different color and looks fantastic.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yeah it's a nice color but it looks like a girl color. I like it but I don't think I would buy it for myself.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Yeah it's a nice color but it looks like a girl color. I like it but I don't think I would buy it for myself.
I agree, but I didn't get a vote on picking the color since she drives it.

But WOW! We sure get a lot of compliments on the color
Sponsored