Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Good looking Jeep. Maybe you can finally score. Lol
The headboard needs a workout !
Some time back ,when I was considering yellow, a forum member said Yellow couldnt look any worse if you covered it with bird shit. I started considering other colors. lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nero

First Name
John Galt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The headboard needs a workout !
Some time back ,when I was considering yellow, a forum member said Yellow couldnt look any worse if you covered it with bird shit. I started considering other colors. lol
A wise man said that, LOL. But seriously, the Bikini with tan soft top and tan seats looks very, very cool. Now you need some shiny rims and 35" tires and you'll have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A wise man said that, LOL. But seriously, the Bikini with tan soft top and tan seats looks very, very cool. Now you need some shiny rims and 35" tires and you'll have to beat the ladies off with a stick.
Calling my wife in to read this post. She has to understand what I need.

First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Bikini Pearl, 2013 JK Sport, 2000 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
No Regrets!!! As soon as I saw this color as an option, I had to have it. I get compliments wherever I go. It definitely does change colors depending on the light conditions. My first choice was Mojito until I saw this beautiful beast of a color. Only thing I donā€™t like is the red accents. Slowly changing them out.

920B2CEF-AB57-47DF-891C-D065FF8383DF.jpeg

429151AF-C282-4A3D-A0F2-BA6E9EF8E931.jpeg

3AA24635-408D-433F-93EB-74C39E40EC5C.jpeg

Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
To me, this is one of the colors that looks better in pictures than it does in real life. I saw two at the dealer I ordered my 2020 from; one in natural light, and one inside under fluorescent lighting. Iā€™m not a fan.

But Iā€™m getting Firecracker Red and I know many donā€™t like that. To each their own. I certainly wouldnā€™t think less of a build or itā€™s owner based on the color.

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Trying to convince the wife that Punk'n and Bikini would look great in the garage. :idea:
LOL! That's exactly what I told my wife...and then did it!

IMG_0164.jpeg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me, this is one of the colors that looks better in pictures than it does in real life. I saw two at the dealer I ordered my 2020 from; one in natural light, and one inside under fluorescent lighting. Iā€™m not a fan.

But Iā€™m getting Firecracker Red and I know many donā€™t like that. To each their own. I certainly wouldnā€™t think less of a build or itā€™s owner based on the color.
I ordered my Bikini having never seen it . I went with pics and everyone raving about the color. I did drive by one a few weeks after my order was placed and it kinda freaked me out. The day I went to pick it up , I was taken aback . It was not the color that you see in pics and I wasnt crazy about it. I have had it for 6 days and it is starting to grow on me. People tell me its beautiful so I just go with that. I love it and cant wait to drive it everyday. I drove across a stream to a hidden fishing spot of mine yesterday. I usually walk the 1/4 mile,it was very cool to have it out there. I have zero regrets !
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG

Last edited:

Velogopher

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bikini Pearl; 2016 Mini Cooper JCW - Thunder Grey; 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Green Park; 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Candy Burnt Orange
I ordered my Bikini having never seen it . I went with pics and everyone raving about the color. I did drive by one a few weeks after my order was placed and it kinda freaked me out. The day I went to pick it up , I was taken aback .
I had a similar reaction. I initially ordered the Mojito, but changed it once some of the awesome Bikini pics started appearing on the forum, showing the depth of what I think of as a tropical lagoon blue and how it looks different depending on the lighting. I got my first glimpse of the color in person as I was pulling into the dealership to pick it up and thought, "Wow... That's teal.... Way more green in it than I was expecting from the pics." But the cool thing I saw, as I looked it over, getting used to it, was that it's possible to see multiple different shades in it at once, the way the curves and angles reflect/refract the light. I think there's something about the mica flakes in the paint, and how they refract the light, that cameras just don't seem to be able to capture.

While it's not the blue I expected or hoped it would be, I still love it. I haven't seen any other Bikini Pearl Jeeps around yet.

My two favorite reactions so far:

The gal at the desk at my vet's office saw me park it and bring my pup in and asked me if I was a Sharks fan. (Coincidentally, I am, and it's about the closest color to Sharks teal I could imagine.).

The other, driving to work last week, I see a Miami Blue Porsche 911 approaching from behind. This happens to be my current favorite Porsche color, so I slowed a little so he would overtake and I could check out his car. As he gets closer, he slows a little. I looked over as he was passing, and see him with a huge grin giving me a thumbs up.

No regrets here.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar reaction. I initially ordered the Mojito, but changed it once some of the awesome Bikini pics started appearing on the forum, showing the depth of what I think of as a tropical lagoon blue and how it looks different depending on the lighting. I got my first glimpse of the color in person as I was pulling into the dealership to pick it up and thought, "Wow... That's teal.... Way more green in it than I was expecting from the pics." But the cool thing I saw, as I looked it over, getting used to it, was that it's possible to see multiple different shades in it at once, the way the curves and angles reflect/refract the light. I think there's something about the mica flakes in the paint, and how they refract the light, that cameras just don't seem to be able to capture.

While it's not the blue I expected or hoped it would be, I still love it. I haven't seen any other Bikini Pearl Jeeps around yet.

My two favorite reactions so far:

The gal at the desk at my vet's office saw me park it and bring my pup in and asked me if I was a Sharks fan. (Coincidentally, I am, and it's about the closest color to Sharks teal I could imagine.).

The other, driving to work last week, I see a Miami Blue Porsche 911 approaching from behind. This happens to be my current favorite Porsche color, so I slowed a little so he would overtake and I could check out his car. As he gets closer, he slows a little. I looked over as he was passing, and see him with a huge grin giving me a thumbs up.

No regrets here.
I am definitely liking mine a lot now.!

Sponsored

BCassels

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my Jeep they had a custom bikini sitting in the showroom and that looked awesome! Personally I donā€™t really think thereā€™s any color thatā€™s a poor choice.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wifeā€™s)
Occupation
Retired
When I ordered it, appeared to be blue, and I wanted a blue one that looked like my first Jeep a CJ 7, at the dealership they pulled up with a green one, then it appeared blue/teal, I said Iā€™ll take her!

Love the color when outdoors and in my garage and when it looks teal, still growing on me when she looks green....also like that I have not seen another bikini in Phoenix yet.

CD50129A-B5B2-4E23-8201-98B3DFB9E60F.jpeg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I ordered it, appeared to be blue, and I wanted a blue one that looked like my first Jeep a CJ 7, at the dealership they pulled up with a green one, then it appeared blue/teal, I said Iā€™ll take her!

Love the color when outdoors and in my garage and when it looks teal, still growing on me when she looks green....also like that I have not seen another bikini in Phoenix yet.

CD50129A-B5B2-4E23-8201-98B3DFB9E60F.jpeg
I think they should have called this color chameleon....
cham.jpg

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
They should have called the color ā€œChamaeleonā€. But to follow in the tradition of crazy color names.... maybe ā€œJhamaeleonā€ would be better. Or better yet..... ā€œPredator blueā€.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
622C0659-25E7-4B85-8914-DBC45FA8196C.jpeg
Still, I think Iā€™d rather have a bikini covered Wrangler than a bikini colored one.
Sponsored