Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
:LOL:I agree.... concerning the different lighting, I have to say I agree. And also the bikini pearl is not the only color of current Wranglers that this occurs with.

Mine is Ocean Blue Metallic. A co worker came to my desk a couple weeks ago and said your Jeep is fantastic and that color you selected.... I have never seen that deep of a purple on a wrangler. I did not know that it was even a selection. I chuckled and said it’s not purple. It’s blue.

Then last weekend I was washing the Jeep and it happened. Damn my Jeep is purple!!!! :rock:

Since then I have also seen that in broad daylight it has even appeared nearly black.

Pretty cool I must say.
Mine has had a turquoise tone in the bright sun!
Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I gotta say that when the Bikini paint samples were first shown I didn't like the color AT ALL. But now that I've seen them in person I think it looks pretty good!

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
It looks like I'm picking up a Bikini colored Wrangler on Saturday. The color is CRAZY... I just can't decide if it's crazy cool or crazy "out there". Those of you that have lived with a Bikini Wrangler... any second guesses or regrets? Would you buy the same color if given a second chance? I'm curious. Here's a good representation of it:
If you have to talk yourself into it then it is not the right color for you. Been there done that with a corvette years ago.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Bikini isn't for me but saw one up close the other day. Looks MUCH better in person, pictures don't do it justice!!! It doesn't scare me off near as much as Mojito :bandit:

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I really like bikini. it was the last color eliminated for me, but I ended up getting punkn. I feel like bikini has 5 different tints/shades depending on the lighting...I like 3 of them.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Bikini isn't for me but saw one up close the other day. Looks MUCH better in person, pictures don't do it justice!!! It doesn't scare me off near as much as Mojito :bandit:
Ill be sure to drive our Mojito past your house on Halloween

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I think bikini is a color aimed at ladies, and named appropriately. Nothing wrong about that if you're not a lady and you like the color; just my impression of it.

Jeeps can look as great in exotic/unusual colors as they can in "bland" or military colors, but, folks tend to get bored with a color they see every day... It's what keeps Sherwin Williams in business, right?

Neutrals are usually a better base for colored accessories, whereas matching or contrasting/coordinating a crazy color can be tough. I'm trying to justify getting black and not holding out for mojito, let me have this one.
I always felt that white vehicles were feminine. Plenty of guys driving them. By naming this color Bikini they might chase some insecure characters away from it. Its a fantastic blue color ,period ! Anyone can rock it !
Youre a great pitcher BTW !

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Punk'n and Hellayella!

20190809_134414.jpg
Both of those colors have definitely grown on me. Next to what I'm assuming are the stock 33's on that Hellayella, those tires on the Punk'n look like 50's! Love them both, I just can't pull off bold colors like that.

Edited to say my wife loves her Bikini, and I love driving it when she lets me. :rock:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Both of those colors have definitely grown on me. Next to what I'm assuming are the stock 33's on that Hellayella, those tires on the Punk'n look like 50's! Love them both, I just can't pull off bold colors like that.

Edited to say my wife loves her Bikini, and I love driving it when she lets me. :rock:
On most vehicles I like the regular color choices. On jeeps I love the fun colors. You were close, 33s vs 40s. Lol
Sponsored