Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
thank you. I don’t think any of the pics do Bikini justice. It looks completely different depending on the light.
Between Ocesn Blue Metallic and Bikini, I think Jeep really nailed the blues for the JL. I get tons of comments from people regularly about my OBM.
....then again they are often driving a grey or beige Corolla or a black BMW or a white Audi SUV......:facepalm:

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
It was between Bikini, Ocean Blue, Mojito, and Punk'n for us. We went Ocean Blue primarily because of the 2020 red dash in all the colors. Just wasn't big on it with any of those colors except Blue.

I think Bikini looks awesome, especially with a black top, but I'm not a color-matched top guy for any color really.

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets at all - had my doubts the whole time it was on order but only because I hadn’t seen it in person. Gets tons of compliments, have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t like it.

110497D2-EEAD-4BC4-9047-70BCA59F4B01.jpeg

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I think bikini is a color aimed at ladies, and named appropriately. Nothing wrong about that if you're not a lady and you like the color; just my impression of it.

Jeeps can look as great in exotic/unusual colors as they can in "bland" or military colors, but, folks tend to get bored with a color they see every day... It's what keeps Sherwin Williams in business, right?

Neutrals are usually a better base for colored accessories, whereas matching or contrasting/coordinating a crazy color can be tough. I'm trying to justify getting black and not holding out for mojito, let me have this one.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
:LOL:I agree.... concerning the different lighting, I have to say I agree. And also the bikini pearl is not the only color of current Wranglers that this occurs with.

Mine is Ocean Blue Metallic. A co worker came to my desk a couple weeks ago and said your Jeep is fantastic and that color you selected.... I have never seen that deep of a purple on a wrangler. I did not know that it was even a selection. I chuckled and said it’s not purple. It’s blue.

Then last weekend I was washing the Jeep and it happened. Damn my Jeep is purple!!!! :rock:

Since then I have also seen that in broad daylight it has even appeared nearly black.

Pretty cool I must say.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
We liked my 2 door so much we got a 4 door rubicon. We like the black top and fenders.

3C9A54B0-B8A1-411A-BA4C-E68F7CB6187F.jpeg
We bought an early-model-year '19 model and Bikini was not yet available. (We have Sting Gray.) Now that my wife has seen a few Bikini Jeeps in the wild, she is hooked on the color. But it must have a black top and flares. She likes Mojito too.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I don’t own one but I can’t help to stop and gawk everytime I see one.

My vote is crazy cool.

I couldn’t pull it off but I also can’t pull off red shorts. You do you

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
+1 for black hardtop and fenders. Bikini JLUR here in town is all bikini- painted top and fenders . Just too much with no contrast.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
IMO think it is a feminine color...Just my opinion...But I have caveman views so there is that,,,,
exactly why I got it- part of the evil plan to have my wife fall in love with the Jeep so I can sell her minivan and replace with the new corvette. Best of both worlds- sports car and a Jeep!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I think they look great with the upgrade rubi wheels. I too like jeeps with loud colors, or at least different. When i was shopping for mine all they had was silver, black, white and gray. No res, no mojito, no red, yellow etc... and i went to a bunch of dealerships.

Mopar kills it with colors more than any other brands. Dodge and jeep offer such great colors, especially dodge

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I've only seen women driving that color. So I guess girls like it.
Sponsored