Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
No regrets here. Color is awesome and looks different in different lighting conditions.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? B6434BF2-7DA5-4C98-9719-566C8419141F
Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Bro, you are asking a very interesting and to a certain degree a no answer question. First of all, there are two type of drivers - the Bikinis and what not. The bikinis are usually in the same category as the eye poppin - Hella Yella or Mojito Green - and most probably they will be the one that snatch up bright colors like - oh I don't know - Bubblegum Pink, or Explosive Glitter, or Polka Dots Bonanza (you get the idea here) and then there are the other category that selects a less popping oh-my-gawd-your-car-is-blinding-me color!

Chances are when a fellow Jeeper selected Bikinis - they already love the color!! Because I believe that it is in the category of either you like it or you hate it - you don't get the dilemma of hey should I get Bikini or should I get Sting Grey? Although there might be some serious contemplation on the decision of getting a Bikini vs. say Mojito Green.

I think that post purchase regret/dissonance of getting a bikini are very small. But if you have some doubts - just live your life and explore that wild colorful side of yours! You will be surprise at what you discover! :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? 1599101323430

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I love my Bikini Jeep! Traded a Mojito! Sahara for it!:LOL:

Sponsored

InMyImage

First Name
Bill & Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
The only thing my daughter hates about Bikini is seeing another one in the wild. Personally I love it too and get a smile every time I see hers.

She plans on ditching the color matched fenders though and getting some black steel high clearance ones as her next mod in addition to a winch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? 5ABCA7E5-F632-4DA5-A45D-54F6C59CB764
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? 38938016-B07D-4E4B-9627-77E1486F5A0C

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
Some solid photos in this thread on your bikini JLs. The photos here look very much like the B5 blue on a Charger. However, today I may have seen Bikini for the first time in the wild and it was very much ocean/seaspray-green with overcast clouds. So question for you owners, does the color change wildly throughout the day (or season) or has it been fairly dominate as the blue color during your ownership?

From reading this thread, bikini reminds me of my Go Mango charger. You can't appreciate it in pictures, because it comes off red in cameras, but in-person the metallic chips and color pops loudly in the sun. When its overcast, it loses that razzle dazzle and looks more like a flat pumpkin color.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Some solid photos in this thread on your bikini JLs. The photos here look very much like the B5 blue on a Charger. However, today I may have seen Bikini for the first time in the wild and it was very much ocean/seaspray-green with overcast clouds. So question for you owners, does the color change wildly throughout the day (or season) or has it been fairly dominate as the blue color during your ownership?

From reading this thread, bikini reminds me of my Go Mango charger. You can't appreciate it in pictures, because it comes off red in cameras, but in-person the metallic chips and color pops loudly in the sun. When its overcast, it loses that razzle dazzle and looks more like a flat pumpkin color.

It definitely does change the hue depending on the weather and the lighting. My 5 year old calls it blue so that's what I generally go with when telling people the color. In full sun its a definite carribean blue-ish color with a ton of pop. I think in the overcast/shade it gets more of a green-ish tint to it but it still has a lot of the pop to it. Definitely need to see it in person to really get a feel for how it looks.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
The photos here look very much like the B5 blue on a Charger.

Personally I would put it more as Q5 Seafoam Turquise Metallic but it's not really either. It's a very schizophrenic color. Blue in the sun green in the shade.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yes definitely mostly blue but as others have said it does change under different light. I posted these same 4 pics earlier in the thread. 2 are clearly blue looking and the 2 off of my security cameras are more green.

5A8B2253-3803-4BF4-A671-4555AE255616.jpeg

BD661CBD-AC08-46F5-8E2D-1F2D28F4E189.jpeg

CD342B2D-ABCD-438C-A98C-54D403266155.jpeg

AC43F1C4-17DE-4C9A-AAED-2D2C2E4C0B36.jpeg

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
Wild, its like those hotwheel cars you dip in water for a new color.

Amillio16

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jk unlimited
I feel like it’s a color aimed towards women. I have a hard time imagining a guy driving one. Every time I have seen it In person it has come of as teal. Even being female I don’t care for the color but I do love most the loud colors. Gecko, chief, and punkin are my faves.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Having a crystal granite, I'd have no hesitation going with a fun color for my next Jeep. Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a vehicle that exudes fun. I view the color as just one way you can differentiate your Jeep from the pack. I do see some in my neighborhood and they stand out, which is awesome.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone that has regrets buying one, contact me and I might buy it off of you :) :)
Sponsored