Sponsored

Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler?

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I’m a married guy and I can tell you my Rubi Bikini Pearl is a magnet for the ladies. They wanna drive in it and their hubby/ bf wanna own it. As it’s been said many times.. the best part is I NEVER see this color around. This my 4th Wrangler and the best color I’ve owned yet.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a married guy and I can tell you my Rubi Bikini Pearl is a magnet for the ladies. They wanna drive in it and their hubby/ bf wanna own it. As it’s been said many times.. the best part is I NEVER see this color around. This my 4th Wrangler and the best color I’ve owned yet.
Agreed with this! My wife's only request was not another black Jeep since we're out here in AZ and she was pushing me for either Bikini or Mojito. Mojito is awesome running naked but with the doors on just too much for me so went with the Bikini and zero regrets with the color (except maybe having the rubi red dash, didn't know they made that change in the 2020s). We have 3 of them that I know of around me in Tucson and all 3 of us are men so even if it was aimed at women, seems like a lot of the owners are men.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Agreed with this! My wife's only request was not another black Jeep since we're out here in AZ and she was pushing me for either Bikini or Mojito. Mojito is awesome running naked but with the doors on just too much for me so went with the Bikini and zero regrets with the color (except maybe having the rubi red dash, didn't know they made that change in the 2020s). We have 3 of them that I know of around me in Tucson and all 3 of us are men so even if it was aimed at women, seems like a lot of the owners are men.
I love the red dash. It’s an eye opener when you see it at first though! . It seems those that deem it a “ girl” color are the ones that, perhaps, regret not getting it?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
After more than a year of ownership, I am still amazed how total strangers come up to me in parking lots just to tell me how much they love the color! I am talking about guys and girls.
There must be something about the Bikini color that triggers a subliminal reaction to inspire them that I am someone that they need to speak to? Even when I am moving through the lot they literally stop me just so they can tell me how much they love the color!

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Side View 10-10-2020.jpg

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Front-Side View 10-10-2020.jpg

Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
After more than a year of ownership, I am still amazed how total strangers come up to me in parking lots just to tell me how much they love the color! I am talking about guys and girls.
There must be something about the Bikini color that triggers a subliminal reaction to inspire them that I am someone that they need to speak to? Even when I am moving through the lot they literally stop me just so they can tell me how much they love the color!

Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Front-Side View 10-10-2020

Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets getting a Bikini colored Wrangler? 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Front-Side View 10-10-2020
Beautiful!!! Are those LOD Destroyer sidesteps?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
My Bikini JLR does not have a ruby red dash, I suspect that the saddle tan leather package cancels out the red dash?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Beautiful!!! Are those LOD Destroyer sidesteps?
Yes they are and we love them! I highly recommend getting them in the electrous (sic) plated version to keep them from rusting. Also, you don't have to take a chance on breaking a body bolt to install them and still have frame mounted protection.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Yes they are and we love them! I highly recommend getting them in the electrous (sic) plated version to keep them from rusting. Also, you don't have to take a chance on breaking a body bolt to install them and still have frame mounted protection.
I have a 2 door and have been looking at these to replace the ones I have now. How are they in terms of rock protection on the rear fender flare and panel?

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I love the red dash. It’s an eye opener when you see it at first though! . It seems those that deem it a “ girl” color are the ones that, perhaps, regret not getting it?
My Bikini JLR does not have a ruby red dash, I suspect that the saddle tan leather package cancels out the red dash?
I don't hate it or anything, but definitely didn't know I was getting it so a bit of a shock when my order came in. Spot on about the tan leather, I ended up asking later and got told that would have made it have the silver/grey instead. The red has grown on me after having it for a year now, still might pull it out at some point and do a vinyl wrap, a little more black might be really good looking.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I don't hate it or anything, but definitely didn't know I was getting it so a bit of a shock when my order came in. Spot on about the tan leather, I ended up asking later and got told that would have made it have the silver/grey instead. The red has grown on me after having it for a year now, still might pull it out at some point and do a vinyl wrap, a little more black might be really good looking.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, so I guess it is a matter of perception?

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I have a 2 door and have been looking at these to replace the ones I have now. How are they in terms of rock protection on the rear fender flare and panel?
I found them to be pretty efficient at keeping dirt and debris off the doors and rear wheel flairs. I highly recommend them if that is on your list of priorities.

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
I feel like it’s a color aimed towards women. I have a hard time imagining a guy driving one. Every time I have seen it In person it has come of as teal. Even being female I don’t care for the color but I do love most the loud colors. Gecko, chief, and punkin are my faves.
I'm a guy and I love my Bikini JL, I don't see why it can't be a "manly" color. We can like vibrant cars as well! Only other color I would go for is Sting Grey.

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
I'm a guy and I love my Bikini JL, I don't see why it can't be a "manly" color. We can like vibrant cars as well! Only other color I would go for is Sting Grey.
Only regret is that mine is a lease and the color isn't available anymore so I'll miss it a bit. I've had many compliments on the color, more women than guys, but from some guys as well.
My next one is coming soon and is Sting Gray!
Sponsored