Sponsored

Any recourse? Jeep altered order configuration after order was placed and accepted.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Can you imagine if they had to build the vehicle you ordered. Might read something like this:

Sorry, your order is cancelled, there is no MOLLE seat panel available for your vehicle as specified. 85% of all vehicles with cloth interior are now unbuildable units and therefor no longer scheduled for production. Have a nice day!
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks for the explanation. Apparently I'm wrong and that is why you work in the field you do!
You weren't 100% wrong. Having a CRM system that's properly setup to be able to enable nimble moves like that is a LOAD of work. Not a lot of companies have that to begin with (which is a big missed opportunity)

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I agree with others, the MOLLE is crap. The panels have been known to pop off and the weave itself renders anything less than four spaces apart and/or an odd number of weave spaces useless. IE, I have a Nalgene water bottle pouch from my XJ I wanted to mount on the back of the passenger side so I could stow my water there. I couldnā€™t use it because the weave straps were next to each other without a space in between. Same with my blowout kit. I put seat covers on with a regular map pocket on the back and they are much more useful.

Last edited:

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
Mine shipped with a screw missing from a door panel. Iā€™m pretty sure I paid for them all. I also didnā€™t get the Sirius Guardian or 4g lte hotspot features that were supposed to be included. None of that has stopped me from enjoying my Jeep.

JMules

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sport S 4Dr
This forum has been a wealth of knowledge. However, the way some die hard jeep fans go after people is crazy. The OP and the rest of us (well, most of us I'm sure) weren't given a Jeep for free. We paid for them, and paying for a product means you get what paid for... there's nothing wrong with expecting that. It's not some amazing privilege to own a Jeep, it's an experience you PAY for. For example, some of the comments in the death wobble threads are INSANE. People suggesting that this is just a Jeep thing, this is how they drive and owners should suck it up and deal with it... absolutely ridiculous. You PAID for a product. A product should be what you paid for, should be safe, and if not, some kind of concession should be made. A lot of folks on this forum need to realize they have a one sided emotional relationship with Jeep, which is a company whose job is to make money. Stop defending them like they're a family member. They're a business that provides goods.

That said, I see both sides of this argument. Jeep should've communicated better, but the OP doesn't have to take delivery. Sucks to suck I guess.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge. However, the way some die hard jeep fans go after people is crazy. The OP and the rest of us (well, most of us I'm sure) weren't given a Jeep for free. We paid for them, and paying for a product means you get what paid for... there's nothing wrong with expecting that. It's not some amazing privilege to own a Jeep, it's an experience you PAY for. For example, some of the comments in the death wobble threads are INSANE. People suggesting that this is just a Jeep thing, this is how they drive and owners should suck it up and deal with it... absolutely ridiculous. You PAID for a product. A product should be what you paid for, should be safe, and if not, some kind of concession should be made. A lot of folks on this forum need to realize they have a one sided emotional relationship with Jeep, which is a company whose job is to make money. Stop defending them like they're a family member. They're a business that provides goods.

That said, I see both sides of this argument. Jeep should've communicated better, but the OP doesn't have to take delivery. Sucks to suck I guess.
Yes and no. For something like this, I think the ā€œdeal with itā€ responses are correct. For something like death wobble, you are absolutely correct in saying that is unacceptable and should be rectified. The differences between the two things are huge though. Not a fair comparison at all. One is a minimal, minor design change the other is a mechanical problem that is also a safety issue.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Mine shipped with a screw missing from a door panel. Iā€™m pretty sure I paid for them all. I also didnā€™t get the Sirius Guardian or 4g lte hotspot features that were supposed to be included. None of that has stopped me from enjoying my Jeep.
See, now this is a legitimate ā€œJeep should warn peopleā€ issue. The fact they are blatantly advertising the hotspot as a feature while it clearly does not work with no foreseeable fix is bait and switch in my opinion.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
To make a long story short... I ordered a Wrangler Rubicon 4xe with a cloth interior in mid-October. Before ordering, I verified that the cloth interiors came with the MOLLE panel seat backs as shown here in a 2023 Rubicon 4xe with cloth interior manufactured before October:

Screenshot 2023-01-30 12.24.57 PM.png

In late October, Jeep apparently discontinued including the MOLLE panel seat backs in cloth interiors, and shifted them to be exclusive to leather interiors without any announcement or checking to see if I still wanted that interior despite the change. Cloth interiors only come with cloth map pockets now as shown here:

seat.jpg

No this isn't a deal breaker. No I'm not looking to go "nuclear" here. My frustration lies with the fact that I verified it would be included, and then they changed it after I placed my order. Do I have any recourse here? It seems like I should be getting a credit of some kind at the very least. @JeepCares ?
TBH I have the MOLLE and Iā€™d trade for yours. Much more functional in the real world. You lost nothing.
This 100%. There are only a couple small screws underneath that panel holding it up.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
You didn't order Molle panels. You ordered cloth interior, which does not include Molle panels. You didn't order every item that is included in a build, you ordered the (insert make/mode/trim level). You didn't order the stickers on the driveshaft, you didn't order the color of the sweeping hand on the tachometer, or the color of the metal bar under the seat that moves it forward and back. You ordered cloth interior, and it does not include Molle panels anymore.

I ordered a Rubicon and it comes with Rubicon stickers I'd rather not have. It's frustrating it came from the factory with stickers I don't like, but it comes that way. I could have ordered a Sport, and that wouldn't have Rubicon stickers, but it wouldn't be a Rubicon.

You have no recourse.
they will go a step further. I ordered the optional floor mats. They changed the build and deleted them, as they were out of stock. I didnā€™t mind as I just wanted the jeep and could add them after. But they did change the build and didnā€™t tell the dealer or myself. being on this forum though I knew to expect it.

I can sympathize with the OP if he confirmed the seat backs came with the cloth seats and then they didnā€™t - he would obviously feel that is part of an option he ordered.

agree with your last point - no recourse.

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
They eliminated the entire BOSE sound system on my Mazda. šŸ’€

Could be worse.

Anyhow, you could always get second hand seats or trade someone. I don't think it would be too difficult. I actually dislike the molle too and would go with aftermarket molle panels somewhere else. They have nicer aftermarket molle panels for the trunk.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I posted about this in late november after taking delivery. Someone made a thread based off my post. I'm sad for you that you missed it.

Personally I think the molle is cool, but I was really happy this changed since I have a toddler and another kid arriving some time in the next 24hrs-2 weeks, and kids would just destroy the molle between their hands and feet, and I think it would make car seats harder to fit. I also find the cloth map pocket more useful. Not like I'm going to stick molle accessories on the molle so that the kids can beat on them haha.

That's just my use case though and I imaging a lot of people are disappointed by this change.

EDIT: I should also add in late November, when I took delivery, I looked on the Jeep site and could not find any mention of the molle on the seats.

Last edited:

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
I was the one who started a thread on this a while back (here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2023-rubicon-cloth-seats.104585/).

I had actually reached out to my dealer at the time to ask if it was a one off or if my order would have 'changed' to include the map pockets instead of molle -- and they assured me, in writing by email, that my order would be the same as when I placed it. It has yet to be built, so I have little doubt I'll be in this boat in a month or so once it arrives.... i'll be watching this thread to see where you end up. I'd hate to have to reorder with leather, as I'll have already waited 7months by the time it arrives.

If I knew with 100% certainly that my order would now have the map pocket, I'd gladly pay extra for leather to not. I know that isn't an option at this point though, and I also know the cost of my build has gone up several thousand, so it isn't like reordering is an option either. For paying nearly $60k, it certainly does sour the experience quite a bit.

Does it look like something where, if they could get the panel, they could swap it in? or is it a full swap of the cloth (not just something on the back?)

Last edited:

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
To make a long story short... I ordered a Wrangler Rubicon 4xe with a cloth interior in mid-October. Before ordering, I verified that the cloth interiors came with the MOLLE panel seat backs as shown here in a 2023 Rubicon 4xe with cloth interior manufactured before October:

Screenshot 2023-01-30 12.24.57 PM.png

In late October, Jeep apparently discontinued including the MOLLE panel seat backs in cloth interiors, and shifted them to be exclusive to leather interiors without any announcement or checking to see if I still wanted that interior despite the change. Cloth interiors only come with cloth map pockets now as shown here:

seat.jpg

No this isn't a deal breaker. No I'm not looking to go "nuclear" here. My frustration lies with the fact that I verified it would be included, and then they changed it after I placed my order. Do I have any recourse here? It seems like I should be getting a credit of some kind at the very least. @JeepCares ?
How about this question, Would you have been willing to wait an extra 3 or 4 months for your Jeep just for the MOLLE panels? If they removed because they were in short supply, I would not have want to wait longer for something that I could buy myself and not delay the build. It very well could have been removed from your order for just that reason...

stephanadams

First Name
stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Think it is in bottom of order sheet. You don't have to accept changes though.

Sponsored

Last edited: