Sponsored

Any recommended dealerships for Service?

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi guys, new jeep owner here. I'm not due for service for a little while, but just wanted to get a head start if there's any particular dealerships you guys recommend for service? After reading through some of the warranty issue topics, it's becoming evident finding a quality service department would be worth a little inconvenience.

thanks!
Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Definitely not Crown in Ventura. They canā€™t get anything done in a timely manner and donā€™t return phone calls. They had to order a part for some warrantee work and never called to say it was received (or not received).

good luck in your search.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Definitely not Crown in Ventura. They canā€™t get anything done in a timely manner and donā€™t return phone calls. They had to order a part for some warrantee work and never called to say it was received (or not received).

I agree, the service at crown is pretty horrible.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I recently had a service done at Poway Jeep (San Diego area), and was very satisfied.

Quick service, and when I asked the service writer about the 5 vs 6 quart oil change potential confusion on the JL 3.6 that has been reported on this forum, he called over the service technician who worked on my Jeep, who explained (correctly...I already knew the answer) the JL 3.6 oil capacity.

Friendly people and a very satisfied customer. :like:

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Hi guys, new jeep owner here. I'm not due for service for a little while, but just wanted to get a head start if there's any particular dealerships you guys recommend for service? After reading through some of the warranty issue topics, it's becoming evident finding a quality service department would be worth a little inconvenience.

thanks!
STAY AWAY FROM COASTLINE!

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Unfortunately, I've had a poor experience at every SOCAL dealer I've been to. Russell Westbrook (Van Nuys) ran my Jeep into a wall and wasn't going to tell me. Luckily I noticed before I drove off, and there was no way for them to deny it. It was a total pain in the ass to try and get them to cover the cost of the repair too. Glendale seems to be mod-friendly, but their customer service is some of the worst I've ever encountered.

But perhaps the worst was Monrovia Chrysler Jeep. I had an airbag recall performed on my JK, and when I got home, I noticed the dashboard had not been put back together correctly. There was a large gap exposing the part that covers the airbag. Usually, I'd just fix it myself but, for some reason, decided to call and ask them to correct their half-assed work. When I got someone on the phone, I explained that I had just had an airbag recall performed, and the dashboard on the passenger side was not seated correctly, and there was a large gap between the panels.

The very first thing the service guy said to me was, "if we did any work on the airbag, then we didn't touch the passenger side." I was caught so off guard by his response it took me a moment to gather my thoughts lol. I finally responded, "well, my Jeep has TWO airbags, and you worked on the passenger side, which is what the recall was for."

At that point, I had already decided never to step foot in that dealer again. I fixed the dashboard myself, and all is well. What really bothered me wasn't the ignorance in his comment, it was the default blame the customer reaction that pissed me off.

Hopefully, others have better experiences and can provide better help. I'll be following to see if there are any good options out there.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Unfortunately, I've had a poor experience at every SOCAL dealer I've been to. Russell Westbrook (Van Nuys) ran my Jeep into a wall and wasn't going to tell me. Luckily I noticed before I drove off, and there was no way for them to deny it. It was a total pain in the ass to try and get them to cover the cost of the repair too. Glendale seems to be mod-friendly, but their customer service is some of the worst I've ever encountered.

But perhaps the worst was Monrovia Chrysler Jeep. I had an airbag recall performed on my JK, and when I got home, I noticed the dashboard had not been put back together correctly. There was a large gap exposing the part that covers the airbag. Usually, I'd just fix it myself but, for some reason, decided to call and ask them to correct their half-assed work. When I got someone on the phone, I explained that I had just had an airbag recall performed, and the dashboard on the passenger side was not seated correctly, and there was a large gap between the panels.

The very first thing the service guy said to me was, "if we did any work on the airbag, then we didn't touch the passenger side." I was caught so off guard by his response it took me a moment to gather my thoughts lol. I finally responded, "well, my Jeep has TWO airbags, and you worked on the passenger side, which is what the recall was for."

At that point, I had already decided never to step foot in that dealer again. I fixed the dashboard myself, and all is well. What really bothered me wasn't the ignorance in his comment, it was the default blame the customer reaction that pissed me off.

Hopefully, others have better experiences and can provide better help. I'll be following to see if there are any good options out there.
Were you able to get them to address the concerns in your dash? If not, we can help. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
One of my neighbors just got Hunter Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ram in Lancaster to replace his axle over a leaky seal, on a very hard used JK that's lifted 6 inches and has 37's on it. He says they are very mod friendly. I can't say first hand, I don't go to dealerships for anything, ever.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have had good luck at Glendale CDJR for the most part. They did overfill my oil at the second oil change though... Just take note of that! Other than that they have done me right fixing whatever issue I found that needing fixing under warranty.

They also give you a loaner while they have your vehicle too (no it probably won't be a Jeep...)!

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
STAY AWAY FROM COASTLINE!
What's your beef with Coastline? I just had a recall fix there on my Compass, and they were good and even called me the next day to make sure I was satisfied.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
+1 for Glendale. They're an AEV dealer/installer too and pretty much every JL/JT Rubicon on display is lifted on 37s with either the Mopar 2" or the AEV DualSport 2.5". I was mad at them at the outset as they had my Jeep for 23 days due to a bad heater core at 1500 miles, but ultimately they've been good - proper oil fills the last two visits and Eder Alcaraz has been a good SA.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6

Completely agree.. Crown lost my business 50 times over (final straw in 2018, JL negations and repairs my town & country and RAM 3500), never going back.. Shaver in TO are stand up folks, like all service folks everybody is stretched.. All in all i am been happy with TO.. The OHV Zar is Ken, fellow Jeeper and he is a great person to have as a friend.. Tell him I said hi if you decide to move your business like I did. These guys helped me spec out and install all my Mopar parts (lift, winch, rockers, tire reinforcer, softtop, etc.. ) with nice discounts to boot..

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Completely agree.. Crown lost my business 50 times over (final straw in 2018, JL negations and repairs my town & country and RAM 3500), never going back.. Shaver in TO are stand up folks, like all service folks everybody is stretched.. All in all i am been happy with TO.. The OHV Zar is Ken, fellow Jeeper and he is a great person to have as a friend.. Tell him I said hi if you decide to move your business like I did. These guys helped me spec out and install all my Mopar parts (lift, winch, rockers, tire reinforcer, softtop, etc.. ) with nice discounts to boot..
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I was planning to make an appointment with TO for my clutch recall, so itā€™s good to hear that they are treating you well.
Sponsored