Any recommended Colorado dealers?

Mdmorrissey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
While I can't make any comments on where to go locally for a good deal, what I can tell you is that I would be shocked if you could get a great deal at Auto Nation West. Went there in Aug to take a look at an inbound 2019 JLU Rubicon (saw the car on their site in the color that I wanted and went to see a different colored one on their lot regarding the options that it would have). While there, they asked me if they wanted me to run some numbers on the in-bound car to look at, which I agreed to. When I got home I discovered that the quote they ran for me was actually several hundred higher than the price listed on their site! When I texted the salesman I dealt with about this, he told me that they would honor the on-line price. It still put a bad taste in my mouth - I knew that the games were beginning.

I decided to get a quote for a 2020 new build from Kent at Peterson's in Idaho, which was several thousand less than the Auto Nation number. About a week later, the Auto Nation salesman texted me to see if I was interested in moving forward. When I texted him back and asked how aggressive they could be on the price, he asked "how aggressive?" I texted him a copy of Kent's quote and the response back that I got was something to the effect that it "seems too good to be true" and then nothing further from him.

I just let things lie for about another week when I got one of those auto-generated emails from the Auto West GM asking me whether they could help me with the purchase. While auto-generated, I decided to reply back with the details that I am writing about above - basically said that I would like to keep the deal local, but that they hadn't seem too interested in working with me. To my shock, I did get an actual response from the GM, but it said something to the effect that "he dealt with the 'Idaho deal' all the time and that there are many restrictions that you have to go through to get that deal - such as the local financing - basically trying to tell me again that the deal was "too good to be true". Finally he stated something like "statistically, the car that I was looking at will sell in 21 days and the price is the price, so let us know if you are interested." Then to rub salt in the wound, a few days after all of this, the on-line price that I initially saw was raised $800! At that point I was so turned off that I had no intention of ever buying anything from them.

The car did in fact sell in about 21 days (removed from their site as sold), but that was fine with me. I ended up finding the same Wrangler on-line at Luther Chrysler Jeep in Brookdale (outside of Minneapolis) and got it for about $3,000 less than the Auto Nation number (about $1,500 less than a 2020 new build through Peterson's). True, it was out of state, but for $29 I flew direct to Minneapolis, took an Uber up to the dealership, was out the door in a couple of hours (deal was already negotiated) and made a small road trip out of the drive home - 850 miles and a couple of tanks of gas to Denver. I still saved thousands, enjoyed driving the new Jeep home and avoided giving a penny of my money to arrogant Auto Nation West.
Sponsored

chessiehokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; Previous: 1978 Jeep CJ-7; M151A2 (3/64 Armor, 3rd Infantry Division).
I went with Prestige in Longmont, though they are 120 miles from my home in Woodland Park. Based on other experiences here, I first emailed Faricy Boys in nearby Colorado Springs with the details of my desired 2020 JLUR build, mentioning that I was attracted to the 7% below invoice deals being offered in Idaho and asking how close they could come to that (I also included that I was a Tread Lightly member). Faricy responded that their sales manager was running a "special" for Tread Lightly Affiliates that place orders, offering 3% below invoice. I responded that I was disappointed in the offer and immediately emailed Prestige with the exact same opening message and build I had sent to Faricy. The response from the Prestige salesman, Ponlue Pim, was that they could do 5% below invoice... that was my personal target and the drive to Longmont dovetailed well with visiting my son in Parker. Faricy maintained contact and eventually offered 5% below invoice as well (though for some reason their math wasn't quite as generous as Prestige)... but about 20 minutes after I had handed Ponlue my deposit! I appreciated the up front, no haggle pricing offered by Prestige. They did initially want to include their "standard" security window etching for a ridiculous fee (as I recall it was around $600) and cited crime statistics in the Front Range metroplex, but my argument that I didn't live in the area convinced them not to press the point and they quickly dropped it.

My 2020 JLUR build's MSRP was $55,210 (including destination charge, but prior to taxes and fees) with an invoice price of $51,960 (based on the September 2019 version of the FCA 2020 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door Customer Preferred Code Guide). Prestige's offered sales price was $49,355 (slightly more than 5% below invoice), which is $5,855 below MSRP (a bit more than 10% below MSRP).

Ponlue remained very attentive and responded promptly and patiently to my inquiries concerning status during the wait after placing the order. I ordered at the dealership on September 28 (a Saturday, so the order went to FCA on the following Monday, September 30). When I eventually got my window sticker online from FCA, a couple of issues arose... neither related to the dealership. First, I had been very specific that I wanted the standard JLUR BFG KO2 tires... but the window sticker listed the Falken Wildpeak M/T mud tires (a no cost option). An earlier screenshot of the Prestige order status provided by Ponlue confirmed that Prestige had placed the order correctly and had not requested the optional tires. Posts on this forum reflect several other recent orders substituting the Falken M/T for the BFG KO2, so it appears to be an FCA issue. I contacted Ponlue about the problem and he readily offered that Prestige would swap tires with another Rubicon on their lot and that it would not be a problem getting BFG KO2s on my build.

The other issue from the window sticker reflected FCA's October 1 price increases on several options, which raised the MSRP to $55,805... an increase of $595 over the agreed upon MSRP. I did not bring this issue up to Ponlue, as I had a detailed quote from Prestige for my order, and decided to just see how things went upon taking delivery.

I took delivery on Saturday, October 26... exactly 4 weeks after the day I placed my order with the dealership. My vehicle was well prepped and the BFG KO2s were mounted as promised. Ponlue picked me up from the local Avis office, where I turned in a one-way rental that got me to Longmont. He gave me a tour of the vehicle, but soon realized that I already knew it inside and out, offering to curtail his monologue... which I gratefully accepted! My sit down with the finance guy was refreshingly painless and took less than 10 minutes (no financing involved) and mostly involved signing paperwork to acknowledge and affirm regulatory and FCA requirements. When it came time to discuss extended warranties, the finance guy showed me a sheet with a long list of options... but I was pleasantly surprised when he said, "I realize this is not your first rodeo [I am a 63-year-old retiree]... do you have any interest in spending time discussing any of these packages?" and he graciously accepted my "not interested" response. The issue of the FCA price increase was never mentioned by anyone, including me, despite the increase being reflected on the window sticker... so Prestige honored our agreed upon sales price without even bringing up the issue.

All in all, it was a very positive experience and Ponlue was a great, no-pressure salesman to deal with who smoothed out the few curves that FCA threw our way. Highly recommended!

My Jeep Day 1.jpg

Last edited:

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I haven't purchased a "local" vehicle since 1998, but decided to give it a try for a new Jeep. I checked all of the local Denver-area dealers (Ryan @ AutoNation West Golden, AutoNation Arapahoe, AutoNation Broadway, Faircy Bros) and none offered anything close to what I was able to get out-of-state (8% below invoice / 14% off MSRP).

*This was for a 2020 diesel JLUR @ $64,350 MSRP / $60,096 invoice / $55,288 sale price.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I haven't purchased a "local" vehicle since 1998, but decided to give it a try for a new Jeep. I checked all of the local Denver-area dealers (Ryan @ AutoNation West Golden, AutoNation Arapahoe, AutoNation Broadway, Faircy Bros) and none offered anything close to what I was able to get out-of-state (8% below invoice / 14% off MSRP).

*This was for a 2020 diesel JLUR @ $64,350 MSRP / $60,096 invoice / $55,288 sale price.

Sounds a lot like what I'm trying to order, 9mmkungfu, and I live just North of Denver. Can you give me more information? Did you check Prestige in Longmont? How far away did you have to go, and which one did you pick?

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Sounds a lot like what I'm trying to order, 9mmkungfu, and I live just North of Denver. Can you give me more information? Did you check Prestige in Longmont? How far away did you have to go, and which one did you pick?
I honestly can't remember if I did check Prestige. I ended up going with Craig @ Koons Tyson's. Super easy to deal with and very quick to communicate.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I honestly can't remember if I did check Prestige. I ended up going with Craig @ Koons Tyson's. Super easy to deal with and very quick to communicate.
Dude, in *Virginia*? From Colorado? Did you ship it, or travel there & drive it back?
I'm wondering how much it's worth saving to go that far. I have an offer for invoice price in Salt Lake from a friend. I haven't started shopping locally.

Would appreciate any leads for local places you might have, or even places closer than VA.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Dude, in *Virginia*? From Colorado? Did you ship it, or travel there & drive it back?
I'm wondering how much it's worth saving to go that far. I have an offer for invoice price in Salt Lake from a friend. I haven't started shopping locally.

Would appreciate any leads for local places you might have, or even places closer than VA.
It hasn't been built yet. Ordered back in October, but scheduled to be built this week. I have a home in VA about 5 miles from Tyson's Corner and fly back regularly. Last week, I flew back for $35 and it was a 3 hour flight. For me, the savings of 8% under invoice ($4,807.68) is worth the trip to fly and drive back. Besides, who doesn't like Kansas City BBQ (the halfway point)? :)

I could ship it for a grand and still save $3,807.68 - still worth it for me. Prestige in Longmont does sound like the best local option though!

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
It hasn't been built yet. Ordered back in October, but scheduled to be built this week. I have a home in VA about 5 miles from Tyson's Corner and fly back regularly. Last week, I flew back for $35 and it was a 3 hour flight. For me, the savings of 8% under invoice ($4,807.68) is worth the trip to fly and drive back. Besides, who doesn't like Kansas City BBQ (the halfway point)? :)

I could ship it for a grand and still save $3,807.68 - still worth it for me. Prestige in Longmont does sound like the best local option though!
Ah - you having a place there explains a lot.

Thanks. Missing some good BBQ!

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
For those of you who choose to go to Idaho - Dillon or Kent at Petersen, how did you handle state taxes? I'd like to have the taxes rolled into my financing vs paying separate - can Idaho dealers do that?

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
For those of you who choose to go to Idaho - Dillon or Kent at Petersen, how did you handle state taxes? I'd like to have the taxes rolled into my financing vs paying separate - can Idaho dealers do that?
FYI, Faricy (CO Springs) and Prestige (Longmont) were able to come within $500 (roughly the cost of transport and/or flight + hotel + gas) of the price quoted by Dennis Dillon and Peterson's. Save yourself the trip!

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
FYI, Faricy (CO Springs) and Prestige (Longmont) were able to come within $500 (roughly the cost of transport and/or flight + hotel + gas) of the price quoted by Dennis Dillon and Peterson's. Save yourself the trip!
cfree, that's news to me. I haven't read every single page of the buyer's forum, but I was seeing 5% under invoice in Longmont & the Springs, and 8% under in Idaho. Is that not the case?

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Also, does anyone have the name of a sales rep at Faricy brothers?

My plan is to get quotes from Dillon & Kent at Petersen in Idaho, then take that to Prestige in Longmont & Faricy brothers too. I have a couple of names at Prestige, but could use one for Faricy.

Thanks

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
cfree, that's news to me. I haven't read every single page of the buyer's forum, but I was seeing 5% under invoice in Longmont & the Springs, and 8% under in Idaho. Is that not the case?
I was able to get ~7% below invoice. I highly doubt any dealer here is going to 100% match the Idaho prices. If you go to Idaho, then you still have to get it home, so it's not really 8% below invoice when you account for travel/gas/transport costs.

Also, does anyone have the name of a sales rep at Faricy brothers?

My plan is to get quotes from Dillon & Kent at Petersen in Idaho, then take that to Prestige in Longmont & Faricy brothers too. I have a couple of names at Prestige, but could use one for Faricy.

Thanks
Ponlue and Ricky at Prestige were great.

Kayla at Faricy was super-helpful. Here's her info:

Kayla Schubarth
The Faricy Boys
Internet Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Direct Line: (719) 867-5605

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Thanks for the names!

Agree 7% here is roughly the same as 8% there. Although, in my case, I have to go to Boise this year anyway, have family there, and can fly free (on points). So it's just the gas & hotel on the way back. But still - that's not $0.

Thanks again for the names.

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Thanks for the names!

Agree 7% here is roughly the same as 8% there. Although, in my case, I have to go to Boise this year anyway, have family there, and can fly free (on points). So it's just the gas & hotel on the way back. But still - that's not $0.

Thanks again for the names.
You can get 7% off invoice at Elway's in Greeley on a vehicle on the lot! Great people up there - Amanda Zeller is the sales lady to deal with.
Sponsored