First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Wish me luck. Working with Chris at AutoNation in Littleton, CO. He is a jeeping type who has been on the boards. Hoping to keep things local, but no big deal if they can't meet what other locations are quoting me ….
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Wish me luck. Working with Chris at AutoNation in Littleton, CO. He is a jeeping type who has been on the boards. Hoping to keep things local, but no big deal if they can't meet what other locations are quoting me ….
1nnX.gif

Yea no thanks. Talk about a nightmare.

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
Go see Ryan M at AutoNation Jeep West in Golden

stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I would avoid AN Littleton. I’ve purchased several Jeeps in the past few years and have never had a terrible experience like the one I had at AN.

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
I would avoid AN Littleton. I’ve purchased several Jeeps in the past few years and have never had a terrible experience like the one I had at AN.
Yes I agree, and I have had issues with their department too, but the Autonation West Store in Golden is great

Sponsored

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
To be fair, when I bought my JLUR I avoided dealing with AutoNation since I believed they had a no haggle policy on new vehicles (it's only on used vehicles.) I tried Prestige, Johnson Auto Plaza, and Larry H. Miller as well as many others. I had even tried True Car.

I had a very specific set of features I wanted and there was only one vehicle on any dealer lot that matched all but one of my requirements. I had several dealerships offering to do a dealer trade for that vehicle but none could sell it at or below invoice.

David with AutoNation Southwest called and was able to get me the Jeep below invoice. Overall I was pretty impressed with how I was treated by Auto Nation SW. If they had not been able to do the deal I was prepared to order from one of the Dealerships in Idaho.

All in all I think some dealerships are better than others but even the .It depends on your sales guy. I was not expecting to be impressed by AutoNation Southwest.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Totally agree with Denver Dealers not negotiating at all...mainly because they don't have to. Supply and demand, so we can't get too upset. That being said, I hate overpaying so I shopped around nationwide for both my Wranglers (literally). I've bought two jeeps very lightly used/ very low miles by searching Cars.com and shipping one across the country from Tennessee and purchasing the other from Phil Long Ford/ used cars in Littleton. Both were killer deals and easily 5k less than I could find anywhere in town AFTER negotiating for weeks. I shopped around for 2-3 months so I knew exactly what every option cost, what prices were nationwide, etc. I knew the good deal when I saw it and jumped on it.

I got my 2016 JKU Hard Rock for $34k with 15,000 miles on it in Jan of 2017 (fully loaded with all options). Closest deal I could find in the Denver/ Colorado area was over $40k. Shipping cost me $750 but was well worth it. Sold that Jeep for $37k a year and a half later to someone in Denver :) I wasn't trying to make money off the Jeep, but I put the ad up and had several cash offers within a week. Denver is hot for Jeeps.

Then I picked up my 2018 JLU from Phil Long Ford for 10k less than sticker with less than 4k miles on it. Brand spanking new other than some guy drove it for a few months and decided he wanted a Raptor instead. He essentially ate 2-3 years of depreciation for me.

New cars are great, and if you can get the deal - awesome, do it. Otherwise I like buying very lightly used as you get the warranty as well as a big amount of depreciation handled by someone else. It means you'll have to spend a little time online, but there are definitely deals to be had.

I am going with Dennis Dillon up in ID. Seems like denver area dealers dont want to negotiate much on price

Robmypro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX570, 2015 GT3
Went to Autonation Chrysler Jeep West in Golden. We had a “spirited” negotiation session lasting maybe 2 hours. Overall very good experience. I would recommend them.

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Went to Autonation Chrysler Jeep West in Golden. We had a “spirited” negotiation session lasting maybe 2 hours. Overall very good experience. I would recommend them.
So what was the discount they offered? Did you work with Ryan?

Sponsored

Robmypro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX570, 2015 GT3
smart - good tip
I also told them i was going to do the deal tonight if we could make it work. But i also understood that it might not make sense for them. No hard feelings.
Sponsored