Sponsored

Any recommendations for good dealer in OC?

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I emailed HB Jeep just to get a feel for what I might expect from their sales tactics. They are advertising 10% off MSRP on “purchases” I told them I would be interested in leasing and they told me “the discount on purchases was from the dealer but FCA determines the selling price for a lease.”
LMAO! What total BS!
Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I may be looking into trading my 2017 Chief Edition if we get a diesel model sometime soon. So if anyone wants to keep at it with recommendations please do so! Up to this point, I was thinking of going all the way out to either Vegas or Dennis Dillion in Idaho. I hate southern California sellers ha. Haven't had all too good of luck with them in the past.

MSD

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I may be looking into trading my 2017 Chief Edition if we get a diesel model sometime soon. So if anyone wants to keep at it with recommendations please do so! Up to this point, I was thinking of going all the way out to either Vegas or Dennis Dillion in Idaho. I hate southern California sellers ha. Haven't had all too good of luck with them in the past.
We bought from Courtesy in San Juan Capistrano as we were only able to get about a 5% discount in San Diego. Courtesy discounted our ordered fully loaded JLUS about 8% from MSRP without a lot of hassle. We preferred not to travel but were willing to go to Vegas or Boise and could have saved at least 2k. We were happy with the Courtesy discount and retaining our CA lemon law rights and avoiding any hassle with CA DMV...:(
Ordered 6/25
Built 7/20
Body Vendor for almost 2 weeks
Shipped on 8/3
On rail car in Kansas yesterday
Was told it should arrive next week:)
Does anyone know how long the rail takes or where they unload in SoCal?

Last edited:

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Techie
)
Think I'm going to finally place an order but have never worked with any dealers in the area.

Anyone have recommendations for a good dealer in/around Orange County? Thanks!
I am from Santa Barbara County about 3 h 8 min (184.7 mi) away from Huntington Beach, CA which is Orange County. I spent weeks looking for the exact Jeep build I wanted. I found a quite a few around Central and So Cal. I haggled a little and found that Primier Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Buena Park had my Jeep build. Premier had the Jeep at a price no one from San Luis Obispo, CA to Hunington Beach, CA could beat.

I strictly dealt with the internet departments. I honestly refrained from talking to anyone in person. I would only talk to a sales person only if they had my specific build on thier lot and was willing to provide me a FINAL out the door price, including taxes. I was ready to buy and had my own financing. I thought would be super easy. I was wrong. Nearly every sales person wanted me to come down to take a look to test drive. I didn't need to do that. I knew what I wanted already and test drove much earlier.

Finaly, when I narrowed it down It was between Santa Monica CDJR in LA (Kris Assad) and Premier CDJR in OC (Mark Benson).

Kris was offering a more equipped Jeep and refused to budge on the pricing. Although we couldn't agree of a price he seemed to be a "straight-shooter" , and really friendly guy. He reviewed my other offers and said that Premier and was among the best he'd seen. "Go there!" he said. Although he did add a disclaimer to avoid the upsale to keep the price in the range I was promised.

At Premier I was not bullied into anything! I didn't take buy any of their add-on for profit items.. Such as NITROGEN FILLED TIRES, THEFT PATROL, XZILYON, BRAKE ALERT, SECURITY PKG, blah blah blah... They basically asked if I wanted any of it and I said no. That was it. I was told the HB CDJR actually adds those on to thier advertised prices. Also I spoke to the internet sales person Debbie Falto at Puente Hills CDJR and she confirmed on the phone that a buyer would have to agree to the major upsales "already included" to purchase the Jeep at the advertised price. Meaning if the Jeep advertised price was $39K and add ons equalled $2K, you would actually be paying $41K before taxes and fees. The sales person at Punete Hills CDJR wasn't up front with that information initially so I imediately stop responding to her calls and emails. HB CDJ was nice but they too left out add ons and refused to confirm if they would remove add ons I did not want. I can't say that they were dishonest or unprofessional but I didn't feel personally comfortable dealing with them.

At Premier I found they worked with bunch of military present and former. Many vets were on staff. So that was a plus for me being a vet myself. My Jeep was ready to go when I got there. I was treated with respect. They tolerated all the questions my wife had for them and answered everyone. My only reget is that I purchased the extended warranty package offered. I thought it was a MOPAR warranty and it was not. I am looking into canceling it. First Exteneded Service - https://www.thewarrantygroup.com/consumers doesn't have good BBB.org reviews and awful reviews on YELP. I would've freaked but apparently it just isnt as good as advertised and they will refund you at a prorated if requested before 60 days of purchase.

I did contact about 10 other dealers but most of those were not in the Orange County area. Here are some other places I looked that are in Orange County or surrounding areas. Again, Premier and Santa Monica were top notch in my experience. Good Luck! Semper Fi!

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/huntington-beach-chrysler-jeep-dodge-ram-huntington-beach?osq=chrysler
https://www.puentehillschryslerdodgejeep.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/puente-hil...-city-of-industry-2?osq=Puente+Hills+chrysler
https://www.santamonicachryslerjeepdodgeram.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/santa-monica-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram-santa-monica?osq=jeep
https://www.russellwestbrookcdjrofvannuys.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/russell-westbrook-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram-of-van-nuys-van-nuys
https://www.premiercdjrbuenapark.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram-of-buena-park-buena-park?osq=chrysler

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Techie
bought mine this past weekend at HB Jeep. it was packed. and they have a huge inventory in stock. i called and checked websites of dealers all over CA
Correct, I didn't go with these peeps but they did have the aboslute largest inventory. They also had some USED 2018 JKs with less than 200 miles on them!

Sponsored

Socalstingrey

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'M A FINANCE MANAGER AT HB JEEP ILL MAKE SURE WE DON'T MOLEST YOU LOL ILL GET YOU A GOOD DEAL

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
HB Jeep was laughable. I contacted Fred L the fleet manager and the deal I was given wasn’t even close to that of Jim Marsh. Basically he told me they will sell everyone that comes in at or around MSRP so no need to discount. Then I mentioned TL and he said he would honor that (1% below) but that was it. Same with Premier, Ontario and same with JStar.

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Techie
For the people that bought in CA, what % under invoice did you get?
My sticker price was $47,660 I got 7.8% under. There was a JEEP offered veteran cash back incentive, and I used USAA to get the initial pricing which I got them just a bit under that. Using Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com), I discovered I was just below the fair market price for the build I bought. So I think I did ok.

However, other dealers in the area who had the Jeep build I was looking for didn't even try to entertain the offer I eventually went with.

Sponsored

nascosta

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
HB Jeep has a rubicon in stock and their site advertises it at 5% under invoice if you’re a Veteran or $500 more if you’re not. So are people actually getting 4% under invoice at HB jeep or am I wasting my time going there.

I was set on going from Laguna Beach you jim Marsh Jeep in Vegas as I’ve heard so many good things about their no BS straightforward approach to doing business.

HB Jeep has a ton of in stock units but all I hear is that you’ll get a bunch of surprises with add ons and an actual price that’s different than what’s on their site.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
HB Jeep has a rubicon in stock and their site advertises it at 5% under invoice if you’re a Veteran or $500 more if you’re not. So are people actually getting 4% under invoice at HB jeep or am I wasting my time going there.

I was set on going from Laguna Beach you jim Marsh Jeep in Vegas as I’ve heard so many good things about their no BS straightforward approach to doing business.

HB Jeep has a ton of in stock units but all I hear is that you’ll get a bunch of surprises with add ons and an actual price that’s different than what’s on their site.
I would call and see if they give you a purchase price out the door. This way you would know if they have extra added cost.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I doubt this. First they usually never advertise off invoice, it is MSRP. When I called the. A few months ago they would honor, albeit reluctantly, the Tread Lightly deal of 1% under INVOICE. They said nothing below that as they will sell these all day long at MSRP. I Went to Jim Marsh and gave them my business. Other SoCal dealers, same thing.

SuperSixOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Techie
My salesman was Marc Benson. If you're seriously considering... PM me and I will give you his info I think he may have some kind of discount for referred buyers.

HB has the largest selection in So CAL and Central CAL for that matter. But they are shady. Thier advertised prices are without add-ons listed. YOU must take the add-ons. The internet sales manager said they wouldn't budge on that. Because HB's inventory turns over quickly enough with add-ons intact.

I say look around. It's nearing the end of the year you may find a build loaded beyond the one you actually want for a decent price. But most likely HB will have the build that you want. I looked in a radius of 500 miles and found less than 6 of the exact build that I wanted. HB had 2 of them. I eventually had to do the 300 plus miles to get the JL that I wanted for the price I wanted. No gimmicks either. However, I would have paid more to avoid the gimmicks that HB even admits up to. Thier words to me were "everyone does it, Jeeps move" "if you can get a Jeep deal without the add-ons in this market, then you buy that Jeep."

Also, check their used 2018 JLU and JKs. They had a few USED JL and quite a bunch of USED 2018 JK in their inventory. HB is simply loaded with Jeeps.
Sponsored