Any recent diesel news...?

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ-5/2015 JKURHR
Thanks for participation and keeping us up to speed JL. Will be following this thread as I've been waiting for a Wrangler diesel seems like forever. Built a number of Jeeps over the years and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2015 JKURHR that I ordered from the factory. Upgraded JK with the 8 speed and diesel torque....Oh Yeah,sign me up...will be patiently waiting. I just hope they get this right and don't screw it up !
Cheers

Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Can you tell us anything about a manual transmission being offered with either the 3.0 diesel or the 3.6 with BSG?
Haven't heard. Was told the 3.6BSG has been pushed back until next summer. Probably won't be available until the 2020 MY

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Last week we built 12 3.0 diesels. All for testing but it's a step in the right direction.

Thank you Sir very much for your updates. May you have the Best of Health and Happiness in the New Year.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’ve never particularly cared about government shutdowns (unless people are backpaid for work that wasn’t done), but I’d bet my last cent the EPA will use this one as an excuse to double the number of shutdown days before they’re back to processing new vehicle emissions tests. I’d be shocked if 3.0 orders open before April.

TurboTJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Last week we built 12 3.0 diesels. All for testing but it's a step in the right direction.
How long did you guys do testing on the 2.0L before it showed up at dealers? When did you first see the 2.0L on the assembly line?

This should give us a good estimate for when we actually get the diesel.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long did you guys do testing on the 2.0L before it showed up at dealers? When did you first see the 2.0L on the assembly line?

Good question

Jcrt87

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JK
Hey guys,

I just want to share some information.

beside reading JLforums, I also follow the updates that moparinsiders.com releases on everything regarding FCA. Today they released an article (attached link) of the 2019 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel captured being tested. It also states some upgrade of this new version of the Ecodiesel engine, below the quote.

"Starting in 2019, the EcoDiesel V-6 engine implements new turbocharger technology with a low-friction bearing designed for low end and transient performance. The upgraded EcoDiesel V-6 engine now also features low-friction pistons to improve fuel economy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide an enhanced combustion system – new injector nozzle, piston bowl, and glow plug with an integrated combustion pressure sensor to optimize combustion."

Also, says around when they are expecting this engine.

"While Ram hasn’t released an official date as of yet of when production will start, we do know that the engine will be available sometime around in the summer."

I know that this is all related to the RAM; however, we can definetly says that there are some Ecodiesel Version 2.0 running around us!

Cheers!

https://moparinsiders.com/caught-ecodiesel-2019-ram-1500-rebel-on-the-streets/

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them

I honestly don't know. I wasn't on the engine line at that time.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I honestly don't know. I wasn't on the engine line at that time.
FCA testing is not the holdup anyway. If they had an EPA cert, they’d have been selling these and 3.0 Ram 1500s months ago. They’re losing millions of dollars every month that goes by without EPA authorization to sell these vehicles.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FCA testing is not the holdup anyway. If they had an EPA cert, they’d have been selling these and 3.0 Ram 1500s months ago. They’re losing millions of dollars every month that goes by without EPA authorization to sell these vehicles.
Just to clarify. Is that your opinion or is it facts you have a source for?
Sponsored