Sponsored

Any recent diesel news...?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
We ran 4 more today. Not sure how the testing is going.
That ought to be enough for the gendarmes at the EPA. Probably some will be used for final internal testing too. Who knows if they’ve gone through crash testing with the 3.0/8AT drivetrain yet but that could be part of the lot. Time will tell.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
That ought to be enough for the gendarmes at the EPA. Probably some will be used for final internal testing too. Who knows if they’ve gone through crash testing with the 3.0/8AT drivetrain yet but that could be part of the lot. Time will tell.
Time is the key word. How much time will all that take? I want to order my Diesel JLU Rubicon.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Time is the key word. How much time will all that take? I want to order my Diesel JLU Rubicon.
LOL tell me about it. I’ve been waiting 11 years for this since the rumor mill first started turning. Now we have completed units heading down the assembly line, order codes in the system, and an indefinite hold on orders/deliveries while the government extracts its pound of flesh from FCA.

Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
The diesel becoming reality in the next 60 days is the only thing that will stop me from taking possession of our ordered jeep in late February. Of course the diesel will probably become a go the day after I take possession. In which case it will need to wait a couple years.

Jcrt87

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JK
We ran 4 more today. Not sure how the testing is going.
Great, thanks for the info.

For what I have read you work in the JL Engine assembly line? did you have an opportunity to work on the Ecodiesel 3.0 first version? if so, do you know what are the major changes ? i haven't found to much info about this V 2.0

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

For what I have read you work in the JL Engine assembly line? did you have an opportunity to work on the Ecodiesel 3.0 first version? if so, do you know what are the major changes ? i haven't found to much info about this V 2.0

Great question!!

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them

No I didn't. I will see what I can find out about any of the changes made

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel worth the wait. :)
For us it would be. Our other rigs are diesel and we plan on flat towing this Diesel Rubicon during Mega-Roadtrips out of Alaska every other winter. If we put an LOD rear bumper with two Gerry Cans of diesel it will come in handy for the tow rig as well.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
What exact axels. Gotta be Dana 44 rear on all models I’m thinking. Was hoping 60s. That’s a lot of torque.

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Unless you NEED or have a very strong desire for a Wrangler specifically, I'd start shopping the Chevy Colorado ZR2 DuraMax or the Ford F-150 PowerStroke.

The FCA EcoDiesel is pulled from market due to emissions concerns and major internal engine failures that are apparently widespread. They are working on those issues, and likely doing a lot of field testing to ensure that the failures are resolved. So, I would not expect a 2019 EcoDiesel. I think if they bring it back, it'll be 2020 model year.

I just purchased a ZR2 on Friday a week ago, Chevy has a nationwide sale it is loaded at $42,798.00, 6K off MSRP. at James Wood Chevy Denton, TX,
The same package in a Wrangler is $55-50K.
Sponsored

Last edited: