Sponsored

Any recent diesel news...?

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Nothing yet. Rumor is not until after the holidays. I don't think we have ran any 2019 2.2 diesels yet either.
Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Nothing yet. Rumor is not until after the holidays. I don't think we have ran any 2019 2.2 diesels yet either.
Does "after the holidays" mean Christmas and New Years as well? :(

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
We'll stay tuned.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Considering FCA would rather be making a tidy profit on thousands of 3.0 GC’s, JL’s, and 1500s right now, I suspect the only real holdup with this rollout is EPA emissions certification. Good thing we all pay taxes for them to do precisely nothing in a timely fashion.

Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Are there any specs on these diesel's? I'm very curious about MPG's. I have an 18 and to be honest it doesn't get anything better MPG wise than my 12 JK. I was so hoping for some improvement, alas not much.

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2017 Chevy ZR2 diesel
I'm trying to be patient and wait also. I did notice that lifetime MaxCare is not available on diesels, that's making me second guess waiting.
At the end of November the Life time full coverage warranty will not be available on any jeep model.

By the way I purchase a new jeep wrangler every year, for the last 10 years and it has always taken 6-8 weeks for delivery @ Huffines jeep Lewisville, Texas.

asudchiman

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepandme.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2011 Lexus GX 460 and my wife's vehicle... but I refuse to admit that I own it. (jk - it's not that bad)
At the end of November the Life time full coverage warranty will not be available on any jeep model.

By the way I purchase a new jeep wrangler every year, for the last 10 years and it has always taken 6-8 weeks for delivery @ Huffines jeep Lewisville, Texas.
Geral,
I'd be interested in understanding your yearly purchase model. Not sure if I can make it work with taxes and my business, but curious what you are doing.

Thanks,
Kern

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Geral,
I'd be interested in understanding your yearly purchase model. Not sure if I can make it work with taxes and my business, but curious what you are doing.

Thanks,
Kern
some times I have two and trade one in every other year. The exception is the 2016 , I have had it 2.5 years but I ordered it in at the end of 2017 received it Feb. 2018, It has 20645 on it today my 2016 it has 27300 on it which is sold delivery 2019 Jan.
I was going to purchase a 2020 JT but after watching the Delivery date and the length of it I changed my mind and ordered a 2019 Chevy ZR2 diesel. I like the towing capability we are going to take a 2 month vacation this summer and plan to drive 4-6 thousand miles. Gas wont cut it up in the mountains.
Answer to your question I like NEW autos, and I have bought some lemons and traded them as soon as I have trouble.
I kept my 1983 Laredo until 2017, and my 1986 until 2012. S I have had 3 autos for a long time, now down to 2. I drive a lot in business, due to trade value I like to trade often. Usually I put 18-24 thousand miles on one in 12 months.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Hey, this is my first post (or reply to a post) on this Forum. I just left my dealer in North West Colorado and he called his Representative who told him that the Diesel is still a go, and will likely be available for order late December or January sometime.
I told him what I was hearing (no longer offered, pulled from lineup etc.. ) so that he would know why i am so concerned.
For now, i will wait to place my order, hoping that the Diesel is offered, I had a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary and liked the 3.6, but REALLY want the Diesel. My Dealer (Tony Maneotis of Victory Motors in Craig Co.) thinks it will be the same Diesel offered in the Ram 1500's and he claims they have performed very well up here in the mountains, but you can take that for what it is. Tony is a long time friend, and Owner of Victory Motors so I believe what he is telling me. Hopefully his Rep is not blowing a bunch of smoke...

Update, I visited my dealer yesterday to see if he had any new news regarding when we might be able to order the diesel. He called his Rep in Detroit (i think) and was told that it was again pushed back.... the best he sees now is possibly late January or February sometime. So I guess I'm going to order the 3.6 Gasser...
It a great engine, I just had my heart set on the diesel. If any of you are hearing anything different, or the same for that matter, please jump in and share.

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I heard a date even further back from a good friend who is an aftermarket supplier that works with Jeep Product Management. He said it is definitely coming. But look for it in the June timeframe. To which I replied “boooooo”.

Only bright spot in that news, is that by then I might be able to get a bunch those Gladiator features on a JL!

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
New rumor. Our 2019 schedule came out today. Looks like we're going to be down for 10 days in January to get tooled for the hybrid engine.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Thanks for sharing!!!! Maybe they'll have you retool for the diesel while you have the line "up on the blocks" for retooling
New rumor. Our 2019 schedule came out today. Looks like we're going to be down for 10 days in January to get tooled for the hybrid engine.
Thanks for sharing!!!! Maybe they'll have you retool for the diesel as well while you have the line "up on the blocks" for retooling? (one can hope)