Any recent diesel news...?

1. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Compass Latitude 6MT
    Liked:
    https://autoweek.com/article/trucks/epa-approval-delays-2019-ram-1500-launch

The EPA got pissed when they didn’t have enough evidence re 3.0 emissions tampering to fine FCA like they did VW so EPA has been using delayed certifications as a means of backdoor-fining FCA ever since. You can bet your last dollar FCA would love to have rolled out these options sooner because they are losing both market share and tens of millions in profit without them while all of their competitors offer what the EPA has withheld from FCA’s lineup. If this was simply government inefficiency, it wouldn’t be so obviously targeted at a single company which just so happens to have rubbed the EPA the wrong way.

2. offcamber

offcamber Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked:
    Umm, have you read the recent class action? FCA is getting fined 390 million and having to pay owners. It's not quite the settlement that volkswagon got, but it's still going to hurt. And it's not over for them yet. They may have criminal charges thrown on them. And as an ecodiesel owner, we decided to not take the class action and joined the mass tort lawsuit that Stern Law is pursuing. They are going after a full buyback due to outright fraud by FCA to owners and are pushing for a settlement similar to what VW had to pay. This isn't over. They will end up paying a lot more...I hope so, lol, I want to swap our ecodiesel for another JL.

3. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Compass Latitude 6MT
    Liked:
    I’m well aware of the legal actions and fines that are involved with FCA’s 3.0 issues. They will almost certainly amount to a rounding error of the $30+ billion VW has shelled out which is why I made the relative comparison. I’d be shocked if you get a VW-Esque buyback because FCA has the means of bringing the emissions into compliance with software modification only.

4. offcamber

offcamber Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked:
    But not with the same resale value or performance. Im not concerned with performance as mine has a tuned ECU and egr delete but im going to try to squeeze as much out of it as possible as they openly commited fraud.