kholding

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Appreciate the update JLEngineline. Rumors are all over the place with this engine!!!

Sponsored

lmjbiker

First Name
Mik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Liberty CRD 2.5" lift, 245/75-16 BFG AT
From everything I have been reading it seems that the diesel will only be offered in the JLU? Anyone have more info?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Somebody posted the 2019 selection guide on a thread in the general forum and it only showed the 3.6 and 2.0. No mention of the diesel whatsoever.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Rumor is the 3.0 Diesel will start production Nov. 18th
I hope you're right. I've been waiting and saving for a long time now. I just saw something about the Gladiator not getting the diesel until 2020. I really really hope they start putting it in the Wrangler on the 18th.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I hope you're right. I've been waiting and saving for a long time now. I just saw something about the Gladiator not getting the diesel until 2020. I really really hope they start putting it in the Wrangler on the 18th.
That is the exact news that made me come here as well with the hope i don’t have to wait until 2020 for a JLU diesel @JlEngineline - any insights you can share?

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Rumor is the 3.0 Diesel will start production Nov. 18th
The day before my wife's birthday!! Great timing if it's more than a rumor. If they were starting production on November 18th, wouldn't you expect the diesel to be offered on the order bank? What are they going to produce without orders? Units they expect dealers take?

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
The day before my wife's birthday!! Great timing if it's more than a rumor. If they were starting production on November 18th, wouldn't you expect the diesel to be offered on the order bank? What are they going to produce without orders? Units they expect dealers take?
Yeah - that is a good point. you wouldn't have anything to start if no one can order it.....

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Maybe internal units for final tuning and EPA/crash certs?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The 2020 Gladiator info shows the diesel, so looks like my suspicion may be correct and the diesel won't show up until calendar year 2019.