OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
The price is right! If not for the cost of paint I'd probably be adding to my Xmas list too lol. Could also do the newer wiper mounted spray attachments to avoid having to transfer over that bit.
i gotta say even the price of paint isn’t bad. I had a few small bits painted by my local body shop and it was $450!

An extra $500 for it to come painted is good to me.. I also realized they have a Black Friday coupon. 10% off with “monster10”

shipping was $150 though
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
i gotta say even the price of paint isn’t bad. I had a few small bits painted by my local body shop and it was $450!

An extra $500 for it to come painted is good to me.. I also realized they have a Black Friday coupon. 10% off with “monster10”

shipping was $150 though
Hey glad you found something you like. Hopefully all works out👍, don’t forget pictures.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Found this online. It appears to be a combo of the Mojave/392 hood and the rubicon hood which is what I want.

On their site it only lists it for a 2020/2021 gladiator and I have a 2022 JLUR.

I also have a snorkel which shouldn’t effect this other that making the hood scoop not functional for the air intake but I may use it just to cool the engine compartment.

I understand I’ll have to have it painted, and have to have the hardware switched over but I’m not sure about the heat foam on the other side.

Any reason not to get this? The price seems right.

https://www.octanemotorsports.com/2...Igb6Vzf3s-gIVbhZMCh1K_gzkEAQYASABEgJoLvD_BwE#

Jeep Wrangler JL Any reason not to get this aftermarket hood? EDIT- FOUND THE PERFECT HOOD 55E0CD07-3CC9-488A-B416-F8B4FC1BFB69

https://rockmonsterusa.com/shop/ols/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-mpr-hood

Jeep Wrangler JL Any reason not to get this aftermarket hood? EDIT- FOUND THE PERFECT HOOD 55E0CD07-3CC9-488A-B416-F8B4FC1BFB69
Did you order the Rock Monster hood? I love it. I’d love to replace my wife’s Sahara hood with that. But I want to see some feedback from people who got it first!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Did you order the Rock Monster hood? I love it. I’d love to replace my wife’s Sahara hood with that. But I want to see some feedback from people who got it first!

I Sure did! U will let you know but there is currently a Black Friday 10% coupon going on right now that I feel obligated to say. But if you don’t mind losing the discount waiting for my review. You can reach out to this guy if you have instagram.

https://instagram.com/gladiator_on_30s?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I Sure did! U will let you know but there is currently a Black Friday 10% coupon going on right now that I feel obligated to say. But if you don’t mind losing the discount waiting for my review. You can reach out to this guy if you have instagram.

https://instagram.com/gladiator_on_30s?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

That looks really sweet! I love the fact that it's steel vs fiberglass, much better chance if it fitting correctly. I wonder if the vents are the same as the Rubicon. If they are, you can use the Valkyrie off road vents if you wanted.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any reason not to get this aftermarket hood? EDIT- FOUND THE PERFECT HOOD 1668830480828

$1200 painted with $150 shipping isn't bad at all! Hardest part for me would be storing my old hood.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
That looks really sweet! I love the fact that it's steel vs fiberglass, much better chance if it fitting correctly. I wonder if the vents are the same as the Rubicon. If they are, you can use the Valkyrie off road vents if you wanted.

1668830480828.png

$1200 painted with $150 shipping isn't bad at all! Hardest part for me would be storing my old hood.
just trying to compare the photos it looks exactly identical to the oem vents and exactly identical to the 392/Mojave scoop. I’m pretty excited if it is indeed identical.
If ordering “monster10” will knock off another 10%

my order for the hood and paint (no custom vents) was $1230 shipped…

I’ll likely be listing my oem hood if this comes out great

Last edited:

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
The hybrid 392 and Rubicon vents confuse the identity.

... it's like when I saw my cousin Clara after 5 years since grade school, I thinks it looks good, but it can't be good... because it's wrong... but I still kinda of like it...
Why do I hear banjos?

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
just trying to compare the photos it looks exactly identical to the oem vents and exactly identical to the 392/Mojave scoop. I’m pretty excited if it is indeed identical.
Have you gotten and installed this hood yet? Doesn't look bad.

That first fiberglass hood is exactly what I wanted for my old CJ5. It already had a full fiberglass body, only metal left was the grill and dash. But alas, I recently got rid of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Have you gotten and installed this hood yet? Doesn't look bad.

That first fiberglass hood is exactly what I wanted for my old CJ5. It already had a full fiberglass body, only metal left was the grill and dash. But alas, I recently got rid of it.
Not yet. Still has not shipped