Sponsored

Any random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

An easy way to know if this will work or not is to wet the area a bit, if you can see it while it’s wet it needs repainting, if it disappears it can be buffed out.
Ah yes, the ol’ spit test 🤣
Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
So, has anyone had some random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? I was just finishing up installing some new doors off mirrors today when I saw this on the back passenger side just above the fender…
Looks like somebody key’d it as they walked by. 🙄 You can see where they started on the right and just ran their key in-hand straight down the fender. What a Jeep-hating-douche.

Suggestions for a quick, easy fix?

4F68D002-82D3-43C1-94B3-43984E83FA3B.jpeg
CA954A2D-D18F-4ADF-BC82-289FE86F8159.jpeg
F4894701-0006-43F4-8E67-AA3619C3BEF6.jpeg

Sorry ,Dude. I was texting and had to squeeze through with the golf bag. I thought I fixed it. I spit on my finger and rubbed it over a few times. Seemed ok to me. 🤔

I gotta tell ta tho... Its completely your fault. You parked it... where other people roam. We, everyone else, have little respect for other peoples things. We feel things like your Jeep are generally placed to annoy us and for us to use as a table, chair, arm rest, door stop or any number of possible abuses.

So, if this should ever happen again, just tell everyone it's trial pinstripe.;)

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
So, if this should ever happen again, just tell everyone it's trial pinstripe.;)
Oh yeah…..good point…. 🤔
So as I was saying, I was off-roading in the vast, dry wasteland desert here in northern Rhode Island… you know… flexing the suspension on some badass boulders on my way to my 87th Jeep badge of honor, when it happened to scrape up against a giant cactus of all things! 💪😎🌵 yeah…

Meanwhile, back in reality, my Jeep is my daily driver, and at some point I had to drive it somewhere to get food. 🙄

Last edited:

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So, has anyone had some random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? I was just finishing up installing some new doors off mirrors today when I saw this on the back passenger side just above the fender…
Looks like somebody key’d it as they walked by. 🙄 You can see where they started on the right and just ran their key in-hand straight down the fender. What a Jeep-hating-douche.

Suggestions for a quick, easy fix?

4F68D002-82D3-43C1-94B3-43984E83FA3B.jpeg
CA954A2D-D18F-4ADF-BC82-289FE86F8159.jpeg
F4894701-0006-43F4-8E67-AA3619C3BEF6.jpeg
That stinks. I have lots and lots of self inflicted scratches. I wouldn’t even notice if someone did this to mine. 🤣

Apply some touchup paint. Then sand it down followed by some polish. Here…watch this…

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Never had anything as large as that, but a few tips that I've picked up over the years:

When you wet sand, it looks like and feels like you're doing a lot of damage. Don't worry, it'll buff out. Really...

I use the Meguiar's heavy rubbing compound after sanding. I forget exactly which one it is, but it's in a big tan-ish colored bottle. It works wonders.

If the spot is small....like a long scratch, superglue a square of the sandpaper to an eraser at the end of a pencil. Make sure the eraser is new so that there's a flat surface when you sand.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Sand and buff is the only way to truly fix scratches. There are a few products/processes that can hide them fairly well. Which one will work depends on the scratch.

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
yeah, matter of fact..... had a guy come out of his lane and side swiped my right rear door and fender. Pulled over to exchange insurance and the asshole ran, chased him down, 2 guys in the backseat took off running, come to find out he was Illegal plus he was wearing a ankle monitor. Had a dent removal service come over and he got the crease out, buffed most of plastic scratch out from his side mirror going down the side. unfuckingbelievable.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Yep, it just takes one, that is jealous of what somebody else has. Sorry that happened, very sad.........
That may, or may not be fixable. I would take it to a Professional, that specializes in them type of repairs.

Bayfield

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport / Ford Ranger
yep, only had her a few weeks and some one in the work parking lot clipped the drivers side front bumper ! Stomped to the security shack to ask if anything showed up on the security cameras , rent a cop says they haven't worked for 2 years ! as some one said earlier Karma is a thing , you will get yours !

Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Might just want to leave it alone. Almost every time I have tried to fix a scratch the result made it more obvious. I've only gotten lucky once after some douchebag keyed my truck from headlight to taillight and it was a black vehicle, go figure.

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Perhaps this is an opportunity to get a new, creative coverup decal or total vehicle wrap job? 🤔

Nah. :LOL:

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Any suggestions for a fix? Touch up pen maybe? Or is this a detailer job? Never done scratch repair before. 🤷‍♂️
Aftermarket metal fenders. That is where I will be going if I get anymore scratches on these soft fenders.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Could be from hand washing. I got the same marks from a stone I picked up in the sponge from that stupid fender gap and made the scratch myself.....sucks.

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Wet sand it with 1,500 then 2,000 grit and follow up with polishing compound. It’ll come out as long as you don’t see primer. Try to do as little as possible on the sanding, you’ve only got so much paint. Also this is your warning that wet sanding feels like you’re destroying your paint until the polish stage. Trust the process

turtle wax used to make a great little kit for this I’ll see if I can find it and link here

Edit:
here’s the kit
Turtle Wax T-234KT Premium Grade Scratch Repair Kit https://a.co/d/6Olq5CE
May I add ?: Sand in straight line that is parallel to the scratch and don't put pressure on the fingers. No matter how bad you want to go cross grain, do not. Not even if you are offered the BJ of all BJ's, allow yourself to go perpendicular. Oh, and Wet means wet. A little bucket of water is the trick. When you start to show "color" lighten up and move to the next "lighter" sandpaper., When your 2k paper feels like binder paper over glass, your there. Take this from the son of a very good painter that had 21" biceps, a shit attitude and zero empathy or understanding of the humanities. :)
Sponsored