Sponsored

Any random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
So, has anyone had some random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? I was just finishing up installing some new doors off mirrors today when I saw this on the back passenger side just above the fender…
Looks like somebody key’d it as they walked by. 🙄 You can see where they started on the right and just ran their key in-hand straight down the fender. What a Jeep-hating-douche.

Suggestions for a quick, easy fix?

Jeep Wrangler JL Any random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? 4F68D002-82D3-43C1-94B3-43984E83FA3B
Jeep Wrangler JL Any random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? CA954A2D-D18F-4ADF-BC82-289FE86F8159
Jeep Wrangler JL Any random dirtbag damage your Jeep lately? F4894701-0006-43F4-8E67-AA3619C3BEF6
Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Do you take your jeep through the car wash ever? That almost looks too perfect for some asshole to make a straight line like that.

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you take your jeep through the car wash ever? That almost looks too perfect for some asshole to make a straight line like that.
Nope… haven’t done a car wash in at least a couple of months (haven’t had the doors or roof on to do it even if I wanted to). They clearly just ran their hand along the fender while holding a key - I checked and the spacing lines up perfectly with a key indexed between right thumb and forefinger.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Sorry to hear. Karma is a thing..

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any suggestions for a fix? Touch up pen maybe? Or is this a detailer job? Never done scratch repair before. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any suggestions for a fix? Touch up pen maybe? Or is this a detailer job? Never done scratch repair before. 🤷‍♂️
Wet sand it with 1,500 then 2,000 grit and follow up with polishing compound. It’ll come out as long as you don’t see primer. Try to do as little as possible on the sanding, you’ve only got so much paint. Also this is your warning that wet sanding feels like you’re destroying your paint until the polish stage. Trust the process

turtle wax used to make a great little kit for this I’ll see if I can find it and link here

Edit:
here’s the kit
Turtle Wax T-234KT Premium Grade Scratch Repair Kit https://a.co/d/6Olq5CE

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Find a local chip and scratch guy. If you don't know of any go to a local new car dealership and ask in there. They all use somebody regularly.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Huge scratch on the tailgate. Deep too. Looks keyed. Happened at a beach parking lot this weekend.

I forgot all about it but today you reminded me of it lol.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Shouldn't be too expensive for a quick fix. I'm not sure that rises to the occasion of sand, repaint, blend which I'm sure a shop will try to recommend. I'd just have someone experienced pop the plastic fender off and give the scratch a good buffer treatment. If you're unsatisfied at this point then maybe go the repaint route but it doesn't seem deep enough to me just going by the photos to warrant that.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
I personally dirt bagged a taillight on my 22 JT. Made me sick!

But fixed it and made a deal today to trade on a new order for a 23 JLU Willys in Earl!

I knew the day I brought the JT home that I should have ordered a JL 👍

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Wet sand it with 1,500 then 2,000 grit and follow up with polishing compound. It’ll come out as long as you don’t see primer. Try to do as little as possible on the sanding, you’ve only got so much paint. Also this is your warning that wet sanding feels like you’re destroying your paint until the polish stage. Trust the process

turtle wax used to make a great little kit for this I’ll see if I can find it and link here

Edit:
here’s the kit
Turtle Wax T-234KT Premium Grade Scratch Repair Kit https://a.co/d/6Olq5CE
An easy way to know if this will work or not is to wet the area a bit, if you can see it while it’s wet it needs repainting, if it disappears it can be buffed out.
Sponsored