Any production line employees here?

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I have a JLUR on order, hopefully being produced in the following week or two, or three? Are there any employees at the plant that would be able and willing to take a picture of my Jeep anywhere along the production line? Is this possible? I thought it would be pretty cool to see mine being made!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are a couple here but I'm guessing they aren't allowed to do that. I doubt they look at the VIN but what they are supposed to attach to each vehicle. But we'll see if any of them respond.

OP
OP
410Jeep

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
There are a couple here but I'm guessing they aren't allowed to do that. I doubt they look at the VIN but what they are supposed to attach to each vehicle. But we'll see if any of them respond.
I remember back when I ordered my 2015 there was a guy that would leave notes in forum members owners manuals when he caught their VIN on the assembly line. I saw another forum member had a family member that previously worked on the assembly line and he was able to get a bunch of pictures of his as it came down the line through different processes. I thought that was really neat and would be cool to see some 'baby photos' of my Jeep as well! :CWL:

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
I remember back when I ordered my 2015 there was a guy that would leave notes in forum members owners manuals when he caught their VIN on the assembly line. I saw another forum member had a family member that previously worked on the assembly line and he was able to get a bunch of pictures of his as it came down the line through different processes. I thought that was really neat and would be cool to see some 'baby photos' of my Jeep as well! :CWL:
Wouldn't that be cool?! I can see where that would be very hard to make happen, but it would be awesome!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hmmmmm.

this is something that I hadn’t thought about..... there is likely money to be made here by Jeep....

set up a series of computer controlled cameras in the factory. images are shot of each Jeep at various stages and tied to VIN. Jeep can sell images to owner for ....... maybe $100???....... $50???.... $125???.....via digital download after the Jeep has been sold.....

I might have done that just for fun..... anyone else?

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Hmmmmm.

this is something that I hadn’t thought about..... there is likely money to be made here by Jeep....

set up a series of computer controlled cameras in the factory. images are shot of each Jeep at various stages and tied to VIN. Jeep can sell images to owner for ....... maybe $100???....... $50???.... $125???.....via digital download after the Jeep has been sold.....

Only if there’s a 3D sonogram version.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Even better, be allowed to see it proceed down the assembly line, in person. And drive it home, saving the $1500 delivery fee
it doesn’t necessarily work out like that. Porsche charge more for factory collection from Germany than to deliver to a UK dealership. That doesn’t include seeing. your car in production either. It’s a nice experience but way overpriced.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
When I ordered my F150 back in 2013, an employee at the KC plant on a message board offered to take pics as it went through his area of assembly. Very cool to see it on the line. He was also a wealth of info leading up to and after the purchase. Once we were in contact everything went through PM and not on the open forums. Perhaps someone from the Toledo plant will come through. BTW, I was on an RV board not a Ford or truck board.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m glad this isn’t an official thing: because it would only be a matter of time before that superficial, entitled, arrogant asshole customer of FCA posts on this forum complaining that no one took pictures of his or her Jeep down the assembly line. And now they ruined the experience forever.

Sponsored

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
We have a note in our 2014 manual from a guy that worked on the line that is a wranglerforum member. Pretty cool

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hmmmmm.

Corvette has something kind of like that. Owners can pay to see their Corvette being built and have pictures taken.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Having my name on the window sticker is good enough for me, especially since my JL has been absolutely wonderful :)

Zukifever

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR eco-diesel on order
I’m sure FCA could automatically have pictures made of each special order Jeep by tracking the VIN through the assembly line. They probably already have cameras on all the lines. It wouldn’t make much sense to do it for the dealer ordered vehicles but it would add to the cool factor for special orders.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Hmmmmm.

On all my mopars when I get the questionaires, I have recommended they set a camera on the dolley/skid as it goes down the line and film it being assembled, then give it to the owner , or at least folks who order one, on some format, maybe thumb drive. Also provide the parts and service manual. But alas their stupid marketing people dont listen.
There was a guy on the Challenger forums who works in Brampton assembly, who for a few years if someone asked when they ordered and gave him the Vin# would sign his name on the underside of the hood, which was kind of cool.
Sponsored