Sponsored

any problems with headliner and satellite radio reception?

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I am going to install headliner (probably Hotheads) and was wondering if it interferes with satellite radio reception? My free service ends in a little over a month and I won't renew if it does. I have noticed problems with reception in areas where I never had them in past vehicles where the antenna was on the outside.

I won't renew at all unless they give me $5 per month deal.
Sponsored

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I have the Hothead for the SOT top and have not noticed any reception issues.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had all sorts of issues with Sirius XM, but none due to the headliner.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I am going to install headliner (probably Hotheads) and was wondering if it interferes with satellite radio reception? My free service ends in a little over a month and I won't renew if it does. I have noticed problems with reception in areas where I never had them in past vehicles where the antenna was on the outside.

I won't renew at all unless they give me $5 per month deal.
Hothead’s has an intentional gap cut out on the passenger side to not interfere with XM radio. Obviously, the cut out is not visible once installed but they omit the metallic looking sound/thermal dampener (radiant barrier) in that section. Installed mine three weeks ago and have had zero issues.

Last edited:

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have the Hotheads headliner and have no reception problems. As mentioned in the previous post, there's a small section on the back side of the front passenger panel that allows the internal antenna to receive signals.

Oh, and if you wait until the very last minute to renew, Sirius will give you the $5/month special.

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have the Hotheads in mine, and as others have said there is a cutout in the foil on the passenger side to prevent interference with the Sirius/GPS antenna. I have had no issues at all after installing mine. They also tell you to not put the sound deadening material there either as it has foil on it.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Thank you everyone for your replies. I didn't know about the cutout for the antenna area. And thank you Chupacabra because I would have put Sound Assassin strip there.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thank you everyone for your replies. I didn't know about the cutout for the antenna area. And thank you Chupacabra because I would have put Sound Assassin strip there.
They do make a note of it in the installation instructions about not putting the Sound Assassin strip right there but figured I'd point it out again anyway :). Would suck to have to pull the panel down and remove that section of Sound Assassin after the fact.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ