Sponsored

Any problem with leaving 12V battery disconnected for an extended period?

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Gutted the interior to put down sound deadening, and add a bunch of mods. Before starting, I instinctively disconnected the LV battery under the hood before disconnecting a bunch of interior connectors, and leaving the doors open for a couple weeks, etc.

Will I run into any problem if this build takes me 4 to 6 weeks to finish? In other words, should I be periodically reconnecting the 12v battery to check state of charge in HV battery, and plug her in for a top-up charge?

I can’t imagine I’d need to, but then again, I’ve never owned a hybrid before either!
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
No. The hybrid battery is Lithium Ion. They have a very low self discharge rate.

should be perfectly fine. (Wouldn't hurt to ensure it is fully charged before starting.)

JeepJeepster

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Be sure to watch the youtube video on disconnecting the LV battery (you need to pull a fuse), otherwise the 12v is still powered from the HV battery.

OP
OP
Jeeperz Kreeperz

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Be sure to watch the youtube video on disconnecting the LV battery (you need to pull a fuse), otherwise the 12v is still powered from the HV battery.
Thanks. Couldn’t find the video. I didn’t pull any fuses, but I disconnected the battery cable. Not sure how the HV could charge the LV with only one cable connected. If you find that video, please let me know.

thanks!