First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
If you are in Spokane then Dishman is a solid option without requiring a drive. I went there and got 5% off invoice and they didn't try any BS fees on me. I came in knowing what I wanted and had my own financing and my salesman Jacob Broyles just worked with it without trying to throw anything else at me.
I had a very different experience with them when I purchased my 2016 WK2 75th; so much so I bought from Lithia who got what I wanted from a dealer in Montana (non-Lithia dealer) . That was then, so this time around, we shall see - I hold no grudge their (not like I do/did with D. Smith). Lithia is a 5 minute drive . . . Dishman about 45 ! Dillon would require a full day + motel and return trip, . . . not that that bothers me, but presenting an unseen trade can lead to all kinds of "disappointments" - and they would be at "an advantage over me" at that point ! But perhaps I could/should sell it to someone Here and take a bus down ! Nothing but options & time, not in a hurry to make a rash decision; the WK2 works GREAT & loving the Recon Green.

P1000168.JPG

Now if only JEEP would come up with a similar variant for the 2019 JL - I'd be all over THAT ! The current crop of colors don't "do anything" for/or too me ! If I HAD to choose now ? ? ? Probably White or Sting Gray ? Though I must say when considering the RAM DT I was leaning toward the Patriot Blue -- Ocean Blue is similar, but I "fear" may become to common on the road ! I honestly haven't seen many "boring" white JL's YET !
Sponsored

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
On the Seattle eastside, avoid any Rairdons. They overcharge, screw you around, bait and switch and generally don't know a damn thing about JL's. Had to go to two dealerships to get the same Jeep that had already been sold to someone else... long story. If I could do it again, head over to Dave Smith near Spokane. Heard only good things about that place.
I ordered mine through there. I really think it depends - my first visit (and my first time ever buying a new car for that matter) the sales guy was nice, but the sales manager left an awful impression on me. It wasn't until looking around for another deal that another person reached out and I told them the best offer on my desired config and what I wanted to pay and they immediately agreed (I paid 6-7% below invoice). No hassle or anything when I went to sign the order. Here's to hoping the delivery experience is as smooth as the second time I visited.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I ordered mine through there. I really think it depends - my first visit (and my first time ever buying a new car for that matter) the sales guy was nice, but the sales manager left an awful impression on me. It wasn't until looking around for another deal that another person reached out and I told them the best offer on my desired config and what I wanted to pay and they immediately agreed (I paid 6-7% below invoice). No hassle or anything when I went to sign the order. Here's to hoping the delivery experience is as smooth as the second time I visited.
My family has purchased at least a dozen vehicles from Dave’s and I’ve referred countless people there. Rarely do you get a rep that doesn’t possess customer service skills and pricing is very competitive if not unbeatable. I drive from a 1/2 hour west of Portland Oregon to use them. No funky excessive fees, awesome accessories department and they back their work up.. glad your second visit was good!!

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
My family has purchased at least a dozen vehicles from Dave’s and I’ve referred countless people there. Rarely do you get a rep that doesn’t possess customer service skills and pricing is very competitive if not unbeatable. I drive from a 1/2 hour west of Portland Oregon to use them. No funky excessive fees, awesome accessories department and they back their work up.. glad your second visit was good!!
Sorry, I meant I ordered from Rairdon. If I hadn't gotten the price I was looking for I may have ended up looking toward Marysville or beyond so that's good to know if I meet others looking to buy.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Started with a local dealer in Puyallup via Costco. Then saw the bit regarding Criswell in Maryland - his price came in about $3,000 less than the local Costco price - even with the cost of a road trip would save me $2,000. Then someone pointed me to Dave Smith and Peterson's in Idaho. I just placed my order (last weekend, 10/27/2018) for a 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited at Peterson's in Nampa, ID. I live near Tacoma, so it's only a 1 day drive out, 1 day back. The local sales person got all pissy when I mentioned the price and plan to go to Maryland and did not come back with any counter offer - even if he had come in at $1,000 over Criswell I would have ordered there. Peterson's though beat Criswell by $1,000 so I'm happy. :) Saving $4,000 over Costco price. Got the VON/VIN already - now to wait.
my jeep config.JPG
my jeep.JPG

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Started with a local dealer in Puyallup via Costco. Then saw the bit regarding Criswell in Maryland - his price came in about $3,000 less than the local Costco price - even with the cost of a road trip would save me $2,000. Then someone pointed me to Dave Smith and Peterson's in Idaho. I just placed my order (last weekend, 10/27/2018) for a 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited at Peterson's in Nampa, ID. I live near Tacoma, so it's only a 1 day drive out, 1 day back. The local sales person got all pissy when I mentioned the price and plan to go to Maryland and did not come back with any counter offer - even if he had come in at $1,000 over Criswell I would have ordered there. Peterson's though beat Criswell by $1,000 so I'm happy. :) Saving $4,000 over Costco price. Got the VON/VIN already - now to wait.
my jeep config.JPG
my jeep.JPG
Awesome! I also bought from a dealer in the Boise area, if you don't want to drive its relatively cheap to do what I did instead of driving I took a short Horizon flight from Sea-Tac to Boise and drove home.

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Awesome! I also bought from a dealer in the Boise area, if you don't want to drive its relatively cheap to do what I did instead of driving I took a short Horizon flight from Sea-Tac to Boise and drove home.
I kinda wish I had done that - would be such a beautiful drive home.

At this time of year it wouldn't make sense to go topless, but is there enough room in a Jeep to store the hardtop if you went that route?

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I kinda wish I had done that - would be such a beautiful drive home.

At this time of year it wouldn't make sense to go topless, but is there enough room in a Jeep to store the hardtop if you went that route?
LOL I went on a trail up in the Cascades last week with the top open....God bless the person who invented heated seats and heated steering wheel! :) ...we were quite comfortable even though it was 21 degrees outside It didn't make any sense but it was fun
You can store the hardtop panels that are mounted directly above the driver and passenger. Your jeep should come with a freedom panel storage bag designed for this. The bag goes in the back behind the rear seats and uses a strap attached around the rear seat headrests to keep the bag secure

Reactions: gfo

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
LOL I went on a trail up in the Cascades last week with the top open....God bless the person who invented heated seats and heated steering wheel! :) ...we were quite comfortable even though it was 21 degrees outside It didn't make any sense but it was fun
You can store the hardtop panels that are mounted directly above the driver and passenger. Your jeep should come with a freedom panel storage bag designed for this. The bag goes in the back behind the rear seats and uses a strap attached around the rear seat headrests to keep the bag secure
That makes complete sense as long as it's fun!

I figured the panels above the front seats would be easily stored, I just wasn't sure about the bigger piece.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
That makes complete sense as long as it's fun!

I figured the panels above the front seats would be easily stored, I just wasn't sure about the bigger piece.
The bigger piece can only be mounted on the jeep, there is no way of storing it in the vehicle, The hardtop minus the freedom panels is a one-piece mold that is way to big and heavy

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Just ordered my two door 2019 Jeep Rubicon JL from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg ID this past Saturday, options as follows:

• Engine: 3.6L V6
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Wheels: 17 x 7.5 Polished w/ Black Pockets
  • Tires: LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road
  • Firecracker Red Clearcoat
  • Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • GVWR: 5,250lbs
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Safety Group
  • Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group
  • Black 3-Piece Hardtop
  • Body Color Fender Flares
  • Radio Uconnect 4C Nav w/8 inch Display
  • Alpine Premium Audio
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Mopar Plastic Door Sill Guards
Total MSRP comes to $51,290, Dave Smith pricing comes to $46,479 (giving me $2K off of invoice plus their fee of $290) I plan on doing the financing through my work, I'm a loan officer at a local credit union and will be getting an interest rate of a 3.24%. Excited for the Rubicon to get here! The dealership said it should arrive in two to three months! Pictures to come once it officially arrives :D Happy to be a part of the Jeep Family!
Sponsored