Sponsored

Any pics out there of Mopar Satin Carbon Gear Wheels 77072471AB?

OP
OP

atl02wrx

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
thanks I love it too. Just went wild with the pimp oil on the tires, need to wash it off :)
Josh, did you do anything extra to mount the spare? Reinforcement or relocation brackets. Send pics if possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP

atl02wrx

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They're here! I wanted to add pics and extra detail.

The finish on the wheels looks very good. They're mostly satin silver however the spoke inlay and barrel appear darker. The gear lip is brighter, almost polished or chrome. It's all clear coated as well.

Weight: 28.8 lbs
Lug pattern: 5x127 mm
Bore: 71.54 mm
Load range: 1950 lbs
Backspacing: 5.22"
Offset: +12 mm
Rim width: 8.5" (9.5" actual edge to edge)
Rim diameter: 17" (18.5" actual edge to edge)
Concave: 2 3/4" (center cap is sunken from outside edge of wheel)
Spoke width: 4"

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

OP
OP

atl02wrx

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I couldn’t wait. The wheels sitting in the corner of the garage kept taunting me. I asked my shop (Litz for anyone nearby, great place) what they recommended because I was pretty open to nearly any 35 A/T. We had a good discussion and went for the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Just noticed that’s what joshgpatriot has as well. I don’t have any miles worth reporting yet but on-road ride and noise level is really close to the KO2.

I think all the Mopar wheels have about the same backspacing/offset and will have similar poke. With that said it looks amazing to me!

391E74DE-605F-45EA-8550-3BE6722E8531.jpeg

88E7AE0F-EA0E-4B0F-9DDA-F30962995671.jpeg

D48B3666-188A-4887-A8A7-CF61729F5A79.jpeg

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I couldn’t wait. The wheels sitting in the corner of the garage kept taunting me. I asked my shop (Litz for anyone nearby, great place) what they recommended because I was pretty open to nearly any 35 A/T. We had a good discussion and went for the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Just noticed that’s what joshgpatriot has as well. I don’t have any miles worth reporting yet but on-road ride and noise level is really close to the KO2.

I think all the Mopar wheels have about the same backspacing/offset and will have similar poke. With that said it looks amazing to me!
No problems with tire carrier, tire isolaters, camera, etc on the tail gate?
Is the noise level slightly better or worse than the KO2s; or, too close to discern a difference?
How did you get the weight of the wheel?

Looks great, btw! (I wonder how they'd look on Billet Silver?)

OP
OP

atl02wrx

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is the noise level slightly better or worse than the KO2s; or, too close to discern a difference?

I think they'd look great... The show pic of them on white looks sharp and should compliment your silver nicely. In my most recent pics these look really bright for some reason but as they’re satin they’re not so. Maybe sun glare and camera sucks.

I ended up installing a reinforcement kit. After I figured the weight of the wheel and give-or-take 70 lbs for a 35, it was shaping up to be 100 lbs and I’m paranoid. The camera works as before and the wheel clears it. When watching the display inside there is more wheel & tire in the frame. The rubber isolators don't reach the tire, and those are the ones that came with the reinforcement. I need to do something about that but the whole thing is surprisingly stable and there’s no new noises from back there.

The ridge grapplers seem to be just as quiet as the KO2. It’s hard to believe considering they look aggressive for an A/T. I was super impressed and I took it up to 75mph too.

To weigh the gear wheel I ended up standing on a digital scale holding the wheel and subtract my weight. My scale won’t read unless the weight is distributed on two feet. I couldn’t find my analog scale.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL

I saw these on a white jeep yesterday at the stealership and wondered what they would look like on my silver Rubicon.

What do these things cost.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I saw these on a white jeep yesterday at the stealership and wondered what they would look like on my silver Rubicon.

What do these things cost.
@AnthemAVM They are $245 in the 2018 Jeep Performance Parts Catalog (page 14; see attached file)
And you can see them on a Billet Siver JLU at 10:36 on this TFL YouTube video:

Attachments

Vermillion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Anyone new install the Mopar gear wheels? Looking for more pics.