Sponsored

Any PHX sky one-touch owners like free beer?

Bkarcher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t ask don’t tell, for now.
So in todays sales climate I have to order a JLU in order to get the options I want. Im hung up on the top so looking for some assistance here. I’ve had a JKU hardtop before so I know what to expect there but I’m really interested in the sky one touch top, seems like the best of both worlds. That said, I’m fairly sensitive to wind noise so my concern is that it might be too loud for me. Would someone in the PHX area be willing to take me for a spin in yours? Favorite 6 pack of beer on me for your troubles! Thanks!!
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Can't believe nobody has answered the call. That being said, I as you am sensitive to wind noise. I drove a skytop and it's not horrible for me it was not quite at my limit of tolerance so I went for it. I figured just adding the hothead headliner will make it even better. Having had multiple Jeeps it'll be nice to finally just push a button and open up the skies.

OP
OP

Bkarcher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't believe nobody has answered the call. That being said, I as you am sensitive to wind noise. I drove a skytop and it's not horrible for me it was not quite at my limit of tolerance so I went for it. I figured just adding the hothead headliner will make it even better. Having had multiple Jeeps it'll be nice to finally just push a button and open up the skies.
Good to know, and good call on the headliner maybe even helping slightly. Thanks for the reply!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
So in todays sales climate I have to order a JLU in order to get the options I want. Im hung up on the top so looking for some assistance here. I’ve had a JKU hardtop before so I know what to expect there but I’m really interested in the sky one touch top, seems like the best of both worlds. That said, I’m fairly sensitive to wind noise so my concern is that it might be too loud for me. Would someone in the PHX area be willing to take me for a spin in yours? Favorite 6 pack of beer on me for your troubles! Thanks!!
I have had the hardtop JL with no headliner, jl with hardtop with a headliner, and driven JL softtop and jl with the one touch top. the hartop with headliner is quietest by a noticable amount. the sky one touch reminded me of a hardtop with the sunrider front. quieter than a soft top, not as quiet as a hardttop.,

I do really like the sky one touch top, but for price, noise, and potential future issues i wemt hardtop on my newest one. I do want a softtop or sunrider for the good weather here, but it's not a main priority.

Sponsored

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
I just saw your post...I would have been happy to give you a ride but it looks like you've ordered one. I've only had a JLUR with the one touch so I can't compare vs a hardtop, but I can say we love the one touch. I also installed a liner from Hothead Headliners for both noise & temperature reduction, and so far so good. I think you'll get used to any increase in noise and the ease of use is just awesome. Enjoy your new ride!

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
Sorry I didn't see this post till now. I'm in the SE Valley and have a Sky One Touch top with the Hotheads headliner. The headliner was a good purchase not just for the noise buy also for the radiant heat we get from the single layer-black vinyl roof panel. Sucker gets hot in the summer!

That being said, the boxy shaped body + thin doors + large knobby tires = lots of wind and road noise. Its a Jeep thing. Prior to our JL we had a 2011 JK with hardtop. Both with 35" BFG KM3s. You just get used to the noise. Still totally able to have a normal conversation at 75mph with the roof and windows closed.

Chris

OP
OP

Bkarcher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can't find anyone just go test drive one
Would have loved to - there was 0 on the lots, 1 in transit to the entire state of AZ but was special order so no test drives. Hence the post here! 😜

OP
OP

Bkarcher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all for your opinions! After reading them all, considering my roof rack options (I have an RTT I will mount), I decided to go with a hard top (actually dual top). The sky top racks were limited and even talking to the manufacturers, I got the sense adding them above the sky top was going to be very noisy so that’s ultimately what changed my mind. If Jeep is listening, they should make a permanent hardtop version with a massive pano roof, now that would be cool! Thanks again all, look forward to getting mine!
Sponsored