multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My Tuscadero Willy's will be so easy for me to find in a crowded parking lot. Can't wait for delivery.
I definitely want to see pics of this!

While we’re on the topic of color, Punk ‘N was definitely the “one that got away” for me. I love my Ocean Blue jeep but if I could do it all over again I’d get Punk ‘N.

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
I definitely want to see pics of this!

While we’re on the topic of color, Punk ‘N was definitely the “one that got away” for me. I love my Ocean Blue jeep but if I could do it all over again I’d get Punk ‘N.
I love my Punk’n. Traded in a Crush JKUR for the JLR. The JK was a slightly better color, but the JL is amazing! I ordered when I figured Punk’n was on the way out - turns out there was only a few months left (I ordered August 2019).

to the point of the thread - buy the color you love. Who gives a shit what others think?! I know plenty of folks who hate orange, but I love seeing it every time I open the garage door. I wouldn’t order tuscadero, but I’m interested seeing it in person - much like bikini. Great colors, but I’m not interested in myself

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
So I've got a Tuscadero XR on order

We're all aware of the jokes about Tuscadero. Gay. Barbie. Hur dur. It's not for everyone. But many of us love the color.

Counting the days til they open up the 22 configurator to see the color choices. I've had so many white & silver drivers I'm almost puking. I asked my wife if she thought I might be gay and she said that since I'm 73 I should know by now. Anyway my kids don't think I am so probably not. I like the Snazz & Pinky but not sure how long I would so I'll probably change my white Rubi into a Billet XR or whatever color takes it place. Puking

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Get what you want. I searched 3 months for my Bikini JL and had it shipped in from down south. Don't worry about resale, somebody will search it out and buy it from you when you are done with it.

Three different people have assumed my wife picked the color, but it was me. It does get more attention from girls than guys, compared to my khaki TJ.

Sponsored

Joebuffalo72

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUWS, 2004 Tracker, 2008 Silverado
1631579179570.png
1631579904112.png

So I've got a Tuscadero XR on order

We're all aware of the jokes about Tuscadero. Gay. Barbie. Hur dur. It's not for everyone. But many of us love the color.

I've seen a lot of reports of ladies ordering Tuscadero. Any other guys out there with one on order? I think it's going to look amazing with a black top, black fenders, and 35s.

Can't wait to take it on thousands of miles of overlanding adventures.
Perhaps if I didn't just trade in my '14 JKUS Amp'd for a '21 JLUWS Gecko! but I like the non-boring colors!! (I have also had 3 Black, 2 Red, 1 White, and 1 Dark Blue - Wranglers going back to my first one in 1991)

willysfrontatmiracle.jpg

rotate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler, '20 Lotus Evora GT, '22 Huracan
Have mine on order.

2 Door Tuscadero Willys

-Heritage Tan interior
-Black hard top
-4 cylinder Turbo/8A
-Every other option

Have a 2 JL sport S in Mojito that I adore which goes back next week. Took it bone stock with the stock highway tires all through Canyonlands and National Reef as part of a massive cross country road trip where it did great. This time around went for the Willys just for the tires and locking diff so I can venture onto slightly more difficult stuff when I get out of NYC area and into the wild.

Could have had a lower spec Rubicon at this price point but I love the Jeep cloth seats and wanted the tan inside so a fully loaded Willys did the trick.

As far as the color is concerned (re: "manliness"), in my view the more absurd the color on a jeep the better. It is not a car to be taken too seriously and as a rule I refuse to contribute to the sea of grey that is our roadways. Anyway, this is an old muscle car color so I think it fits well into the absurd and lovely tapestry of Jeep hues. I also very genuinely could not give any less of care what anyone thinks or attributes to the color of my car. Were this on a Lamborghini, no one would question the color or the ethos behind why a particular gender would want it.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It reminds me of my father-in-law and his unwillingness to ever wear a pink shirt because, ya know, somebody somewhere might think he was a girly man. Then, one day, we are both riding in a hotel elevator and Eddie George steps in looking sharp as ever in a crisp, pink dress shirt. 100% baller.
Had to Google who the heck Eddie George is. :LOL:
Sponsored