Any other guys ordering Tuscadero?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Good for you OP. I’d keep colour matched fenders but a black top, metal bumpers, build it up a bit and it will look cool.

Bikini was the last colour to get a certain type wound up on here - I ignored them, ordered mine and built it to make me happy. Zero regrets.

E75C503F-ED87-4F3A-9A32-D5880B232378.jpeg
Is that you in the pink shirt ?
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
That’s actually a fair question. The name sounds sort of Wild West until you learn its origin. And the character didn’t even wear this color pink. Then again, Bikini was a terrible name (IMO) for a wonderful color, so who knows. Maybe Jeep’s naming department just sucks.
I think the JL naming dept started out strong with Punk’n, Hella Yella, and Mojito. Then became questionable with Bikini, Snazzberry and Tuscadero. All great colors, just not the best names recently IMO. I think the other colors have all been carry overs.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I am not ordering anything, but my heart warms up every time someone orders a Jeep in a color that isn't black, silver or gray.

:like:
Shurrrreeeeeeee coming from someone who owns a RED Jeep! Pshhhhh!!! I am so judging you. :clap:

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Someone on the 392 forum posted that she ordered a 392 in this color. If this color and the 392 sound do not turn heads, nothing will.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
So here’s a fun article for any nerds out there. I’m not disputing that people won’t call this color “pink.” They will, and that’s fine. But Jeep itself calls the color “magenta,” and magenta is actually a very interesting color, scientifically.

https://www.biotele.com/magenta.html

So what does the brain do when our eyes detect wavelengths from both ends of the light spectrum at once (i.e. red and violet light)? Generally speaking, it has two options for interpreting the input data:​
a) Sum the input responses to produce a colour halfway between red and violet in the spectrum (which would in this case produce green – not a very representative colour of a red and violet mix)​
b) Invent a new colour halfway between red and violet​
Magenta is the evidence that the brain takes option b – it has apparently constructed a colour to bridge the gap between red and violet, because such a colour does not exist in the light spectrum. Magenta has no wavelength attributed to it, unlike all the other spectrum colours.
The light spectrum has a colour missing because it does not feel the need to ‘close the loop’ in the way that our brains do. We need colour to make sense of the world, but equally we need to make sense of colour; even if that means taking opposite ends of the spectrum and bringing them together.​

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
1631579179570.png
1631579904112.png

So I've got a Tuscadero XR on order

We're all aware of the jokes about Tuscadero. Gay. Barbie. Hur dur. It's not for everyone. But many of us love the color.

I've seen a lot of reports of ladies ordering Tuscadero. Any other guys out there with one on order? I think it's going to look amazing with a black top, black fenders, and 35s.

Can't wait to take it on thousands of miles of overlanding adventures.
It is a unique color for sure. Painted fenders and everything. Check out all of that metallic flake. Please post pictures when you take delivery.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I just took delivery of my Nacho 4xe in April, but if I were ordering today, this is probably the color I would go with. Heck, I've considered ordering one "for the wife," but she wants something all electric to replace her Prius, but a château in France even before a new vehicle.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just took delivery of my Nacho 4xe in April, but if I were ordering today, this is probably the color I would go with. Heck, I've considered ordering one "for the wife," but she wants something all electric to replace her Prius, but a château in France even before a new vehicle.
Nacho is such an awesome color and it annoys me how Jeep adds it and then takes it away so many times.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
If it wasnt for the fact that Jeep makes orange and green, I totally would have gotten this color. Muscle cars and Jeeps should always be obnoxiously bright colors. LOL.
Yet I ended up with a black Jeep because this particular one was priced too good to pass up. Really wanted Punk'n

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I will order, three for my tripled Girls, as soon as, I win the lottery, until then,, NO THANKS!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nacho and blue looks great!

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My wife will be ordering a Tuscedero Sahara 4xE in a week or two. It will all depend on how much they offer her for her 2017 Infiniti Q50 RS AWD (loaded) with only 19K miles. May end up selling the Q50 personally.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
My wife will be ordering a Tuscedero Sahara 4xE in a week or two. It will all depend on how much they offer her for her 2017 Infiniti Q50 RS AWD (loaded) with only 19K miles. May end up selling the Q50 personally.
Jeep Dealer couldnt match Vroom and CarMax, they offered me big money last month for my wife’s 2020 GLE, but Mercedes dealer actually matched offers because they have no new inventory….Drove Benz in and left with a check…done

Of course now wife is driving my Rubicon every day and I’m stuck with my company car..Fusion :no:

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Dealer couldnt match Vroom and CarMax, they offered me big money last month for my wife’s 2020 GLE, but Mercedes dealer actually matched offers because they have no new inventory….Drove Benz in and left with a check…done

Of course now wife is driving my Rubicon every day and I’m stuck with my company car..Fusion :no:
Selling a used car these days?? Def in the driver's seat with regards to selling price. People are flocking to used cards due to the lack of inventory on new vehicles and just the fact that new car prices are out of control these days. $40K for the average new car? A lot of money to be sure.
Sponsored