Any other guys ordering Tuscadero?

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
One of the things I love most about us is that Jeeps are personal. You want a low rider mall crawler with no dirt? Good for you. You want a beefed up off-roader that hates roads, good for you. Same with color. I NEVER judge on a jeep, it's what makes you happy.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Easy on the no wave now. Sometimes Iā€™m busy, distracted, looking elsewhere and then I catch the wave just at the last second, to late to return it. Happens to us all.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Easy on the no wave now. Sometimes Iā€™m busy, distracted, looking elsewhere and then I catch the wave just at the last second, to mate to return it. Happens to us all.
Yes, it does.

But there is an recurring no-waver: s/he can see your Wrangler for three blocks...but doesn't even notice when you two cross paths.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
She (usually) is young and doesnā€™t want to acknowledge some random guy waving. It takes a few weeks to figure out whatā€™s going on. When I bought my first Wrangler back in ā€˜88 I had no clue about the wave until Iā€™d been driving it around for a few weeks.

Sponsored

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
Jeep Wrangler JL Any other guys ordering Tuscadero? 1631636843591
Jeep Wrangler JL Any other guys ordering Tuscadero? 1631636843591

So I've got a Tuscadero XR on order

We're all aware of the jokes about Tuscadero. Gay. Barbie. Hur dur. It's not for everyone. But many of us love the color.

I've seen a lot of reports of ladies ordering Tuscadero. Any other guys out there with one on order? I think it's going to look amazing with a black top, black fenders, and 35s.

Can't wait to take it on thousands of miles of overlanding adventures.
I look at this way. It is not my taste at all (I am excited to see one in person and may change my mind) but it you like it, get it. My wife and I wanted a Mojito Rubi so badly but couldn't get into a new Jeep before it was discoed. She liked Bikini, I told her if we lived in a warm climate I would agree but in Wisconsin it would look terrible 6-8 months out of the year with snow and salt. When we ordered (80th JLU) we went with Crystal Granite. Reason being it was the only color we really liked. Then came Hydro Blue and Gecko. If I could do it over I would go one of those but have no regrets. I'm sure you won't either. Bottom line get YOUR Jeep, not someone elses.

OP
OP

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Why did they choose an old ā€œHappy Daysā€ character reference to market these?
Thatā€™s actually a fair question. The name sounds sort of Wild West until you learn its origin. And the character didnā€™t even wear this color pink. Then again, Bikini was a terrible name (IMO) for a wonderful color, so who knows. Maybe Jeepā€™s naming department just sucks.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Why did they choose an old ā€œHappy Daysā€ character reference to market these?
Because itā€™s Awesome!

Seriously though the name isnā€™t selling these, itā€™s the Unique Color..

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
1631579179570.png
1631579904112.png

So I've got a Tuscadero XR on order

We're all aware of the jokes about Tuscadero. Gay. Barbie. Hur dur. It's not for everyone. But many of us love the color.

I've seen a lot of reports of ladies ordering Tuscadero. Any other guys out there with one on order? I think it's going to look amazing with a black top, black fenders, and 35s.

Can't wait to take it on thousands of miles of overlanding adventures.
So we have a Rubicon XR on order for my wife and it will be her DD, but nights and weekends I typically drive, so I will log on and off road miles on it and canā€™t waitā€¦.

in a few years we are moving to Florida and talk about a perfect color for a southern beach town in Floridaā€¦

As others have told me on the original threadā€¦.I realize Iā€™m an idiot for liking and driving a Jeep this color ,but Iā€™m still going to do it!!

Sponsored

o||4xe||o

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Any other guys out there with one on order?
This guy. Admittedly will be her DD, but will also be our main vehicle when together - and she always prefer that I drive.

I'm still hoping to get a 22 or 23 Gladiator for me, depending on what new features (if any) are offer in 22. I wouldn't rule out Tuscadero for me!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I am going to order a tuscadero rubicon 2 door for my wife this weekend. She is starting her final treatment for breast cancer and she said she wanted oneā€¦I said ā€œno problem, you earned itā€
Congrats to her! Hopefully the recovery goes smooth and she feels stronger every day. And remember that you can request to put on the window sticker 'this vehicle was especially built for' and your wife's name.

I did a similar thing, ordering for my wife her dream vehicle - a yellow jeep - which arrived just after final round of chemo for ovarian cancer.

Last edited:

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y, Gladiator
Thatā€™s actually a fair question. The name sounds sort of Wild West until you learn its origin. And the character didnā€™t even wear this color pink. Then again, Bikini was a terrible name (IMO) for a wonderful color, so who knows. Maybe Jeepā€™s naming department just sucks.
It's not named after Leather Tuscadero, but instead her older sister Pinky Tuscadero

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
Congrats to her! Hopefully the recovery goes smooth and she feels stronger every day. And remember that you can request to put on the window sticker 'this vehicle was especially built for' and your wife's name.

I did a similar thing, ordering for my wife her dream vehicle - a yellow jeep - which arrived just after final round of chemo for ovarian cancer. [Video Below]

I didnā€™t realize you could customize the window sticker - I am certainly doing that.

also - I hope your wife is doing well and is recovering. I also hope she is loving the Jeep!

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Would have ordered one hands Down over the gecko green if it was an option when I ordered

idgaf what some might say that itā€™s a guy driving a pink wrangler, shits one of a kind!
Sponsored