Sponsored

Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio?

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
I'd be interested in all your thoughts about this T-style radio as an option:

Jeep Wrangler JL Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio? Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.27.01 PM
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
WOW that's huge!!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I don't like how it says it supports dual zone climate control, but only has buttons for climate control on the driver side. It also removes the On/Off/Auto knob/button, which means you have to use the touch screen. Same for the heated seats and steering wheel buttons. Granted, this may not be an issue for some people, but I prefer the quick access of the physical buttons.

Also, I see that there is a button to turn off the parking sensors. What if my vehicle doesn't have them? Can that button be changed or removed?

Sponsored

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I don't like how it says it supports dual zone climate control, but only has buttons for climate control on the driver side. It also removes the On/Off/Auto knob/button, which means you have to use the touch screen. Same for the heated seats and steering wheel buttons. Granted, this may not be an issue for some people, but I prefer the quick access of the physical buttons.

Also, I see that there is a button to turn off the parking sensors. What if my vehicle doesn't have them? Can that button be changed or removed?
Yes, climate control is touch screen....
Jeep Wrangler JL Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio? 1615819564570

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara

one thing, you can default to have climate control buttons always showing on the bottom of the screen....
Jeep Wrangler JL Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio? 1615819961514

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

one thing, you can default to have climate control buttons always showing on the bottom of the screen....
Where's the option for AUTO? Still don't see that anywhere.

Not trying to be a downer. Just trying to get a sense of what factory options get lost going this route.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Too damn big. What a light distraction that would be at night

Sponsored

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Where's the option for AUTO? Still don't see that anywhere.

Not trying to be a downer. Just trying to get a sense of what factory options get lost going this route.
I"m going to have to see when I install it, lol. I've been going crazy with my 7" uconnect, and almost pulled the trigger on insane audio, but this was just too shiny for me to say no to. For what its worth, I've spoken to the distributor and the manufacturer a few times, and they seem to do a lot of updates and fixes for their different versions for different vehicles.

One thing that might be a turn off is that i noticed it converts the hd signal from the rear camera down to standard definition. It does have a total of 3 camera inputs, however. You can also add a splitter to do more than 3 cameras. That didn't interest me, so I'm sticking with the rear, a front, and an inside cam.

edit: the install video jeep was using a jeep without climate control or seat heaters. the system DOES handle both:
Jeep Wrangler JL Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio? 1615821729773

Last edited:

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I"m going to have to see when I install it, lol. I've been going crazy with my 7" uconnect, and almost pulled the trigger on insane audio, but this was just too shiny for me to say no to. For what its worth, I've spoken to the distributor and the manufacturer a few times, and they seem to do a lot of updates and fixes for their different versions for different vehicles.

One thing that might be a turn off is that i noticed it converts the hd signal from the rear camera down to standard definition. It does have a total of 3 camera inputs, however. You can also add a splitter to do more than 3 cameras. That didn't interest me, so I'm sticking with the rear, a front, and an inside cam.

edit: the install video jeep was using a jeep without climate control or seat heaters. the system DOES handle both:
Jeep Wrangler JL Any opinions of LinksWell 12.1″ HD touch screen Android T-style radio? 1615821729773
Can’t wait to see this beast in action!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

found it!
1615825716849.png
Thanks. Just thought it was odd that the other pic showed temp controls for both passenger and driver without the AUTO options if the vehicle doesn't have the dual zone option.

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Thanks. Just thought it was odd that the other pic showed temp controls for both passenger and driver without the AUTO options if the vehicle doesn't have the dual zone option.
i'm guessing this is a classic development issue of making software built around hundreds of models with different options, and the customizations to fit your exact vehicle. you end up with some things that might now make sense for yoru specific configuration.
Sponsored