Any opinion on Teraflex 1.75¨ spacers?

cjfc1982

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I want to install wheel spacers on my rubicon (stock wheels, 35`s tires) I haven't found any reviews, videos or photos of the Teraflex 1.75 spacers and i can't decide between 1.5 and 1.75¨
What's your opinion on teraflex 1.75 spacers? Looking for pics comparing 1.5 and 1.75¨ on rubicon
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don’t have any opinion on the teraflex spacers but here are a couple pics of my jeep when I had 1.5” bora spacers on my Jeep with 35x12.5 tires on stock wheels.

3D6CC601-B4E2-4146-BD4D-C48023A89262.jpeg

72213C77-331E-4F10-AFFD-F8AAA7CF2050.jpeg

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
As long as you are using STOCK wheels you can use as short as 1.25" spacers (stock wheels have the pockets on the wheel mounting face) you have a choice as to how much the tires extend beyond the fender. JL18 did so on his Sahara here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bigger-tires-on-oem-wheels-my-setup-so-far.25790/

Bora also makes a 1.25" spacer: https://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

Others with more knowledge can comment on the use of spacers on various offroad scenarios. I used 1.5" Teraflex on a 2017 JK Willys on highway and limited offroad - just fine.

OP
OP
cjfc1982

cjfc1982

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
As i’ve seen so far quietpeen 1.5 spacer looks almost as jl18 1.25 spacer. They both look great, but i think i like quietpeen setup thé most

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Others with more knowledge can comment on the use of spacers on various offroad scenarios. I used 1.5" Teraflex on a 2017 JK Willys on highway and limited offroad - just fine.
A bolt-on hubcentric wheel spacer is identical to an aftermarket wheel with less back spacing. A stock wheel with 1.5” spacers will be just as strong and put the same amount of stress on components as an aftermarket wheel with 4.5” backspacing.

Spacers are a great idea because you can get the driven wheels pushed out further from the frame and suspension arms, but keep the spare tucked up close against the tailgate.

I would recommend stock wheels + spacers over any non-beadlock aftermarket wheel for any and all use cases up to a 12.50 wide tire. 13.50 and 14.50 start getting a little funky on a 7.5 wheel.

As far as the brand of spacers, I only use spidertrax and can’t comment on other stuff.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
As i’ve seen so far quietpeen 1.5 spacer looks almost as jl18 1.25 spacer. They both look great, but i think i like quietpeen setup thé most
I loved that setup, and it was even great off-road. I ended up going bigger tires and a lift to do harder trails.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Friday I ordered a set of BORA 1 1/4 inch hub centric and wheel centric spacers, these are not cheap but 100% American made and powdered coated black. They should work fine with my stock Rubi wheels & 35” BFG KO2’s.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Friday I ordered a set of BORA 1 1/4 inch hub centric and wheel centric spacers, these are not cheap but 100% American made and powdered coated black. They should work fine with my stock Rubi wheels & 35” BFG KO2’s.[/QUOTE hi]

A favor please. I’m curious if 1” spacers might work on stock wheels. Whe you install could you measure how much of the stud sticks out beyond the 1.25 spacer? And how deep the reliefs are on the stock rim?

Much appreciated if you can!

Pete

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Pete:

One inch spacers will NOT work, at least without cutting wheel studs. I am also not sure if on one inch spacers you would still have enough material to safely have the studs pressed into the spacers. I have seen some thin spacers that required special bolts to be used in lieu of normal lug nuts and neither of those am I interested in.

That said, there are likely slight differences in between JL production wheels / stud length and I would always check each spacer for proper clearance before final wheel install. On mine, the rear wheel studs were about 1/16 inch longer than the front but will still clear fine. I personally would never cut/trim any factory wheel stud with the possible exception of light and uniform trimming of stud 'tips'-the very end of the stud without any threads.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One inch spacers will NOT work, at least without cutting wheel studs. I am also not sure if on one inch spacers you would still have enough material to safely have the studs pressed into the spacers. I have seen some thin spacers that required special bolts to be used in lieu of normal lug nuts and neither of those am I interested in.

That said, there are likely slight differences in between JL production wheels / stud length and I would always check each spacer for proper clearance before final wheel install. On mine, the rear wheel studs were about 1/16 inch longer than the front but will still clear fine. I personally would never cut/trim any factory wheel stud with the possible exception of light and uniform trimming of stud 'tips'-the very end of the stud without any threads.
Pete:

Thanks. Appreciate that. Agree completely. 1/4 inch is not worth risk or hacking.

OP
OP
cjfc1982

cjfc1982

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thanks for all your suggestions. I only found here in Chile the Spidertrax 1.75 so i thing I´m gonna go with those
Sponsored