Any one else in the Bay Area?

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
So, any one else in the bay area? I picked mine up yesterday and aside from crawling during rush hour traffic, where are some good spots to take her out?

would love to get a little crew together at some point and do some group events too, anything like that would be great for down the road.
Sponsored

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
Im in the east bay waiting for my jeep to get built. once its ready I'm down to hit some trails

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Have ya'll done any trail riding yet? Just got my wrangler and am looking to get a few folks to hit up the trails around Indian Valley Reservoir. Mid July on a weekday

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've taken it out a couple times, nothing really crazy yet (and don't know if I'm going to do all those super hard technical ones - she's so pretty right now).

this one was the most recent, a little city - city through the woods drive a little north of Sacramento. 20 something miles total. Sorry for the poor video quality, I was the one driving and can't film and drive at the same time and my friend apparently doesn't know how to hold a camera. :/

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks pretty sick. That was a solid climb. I got to hit up Knoxville OHV park a few weeks back. That was glorious.

IMG_5144.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that spot was 'easier' than the spot that I had just driven through a few minutes before that - to the point that it was safer for my friend to jump out and get some video of it. Wish I would have gotten some from the spot right before it though. Football sized/shaped rocks and a slightly steeper incline with high sides on either sides of the road

I was looking at Knoxville, it's a bit of a drive (but aren't they all), was it worth checking out?

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha they are all a drive away that is true. I think Knoxville is worth it. The drive up to the south entrance can be impassable during the rainy season so keep that in mind. Lots of challenges off the “main” dirt road. It’s great for a day trip. I combined it with a trip to Lake Berryessa to breakup all the driving.
Lots of beautiful campsites and recovering landscapes

Highly recommend that you plan it with a visit to Lake Berryessa

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha they are all a drive away that is true. I think Knoxville is worth it. The drive up to the south entrance can be impassable during the rainy season so keep that in mind. Lots of challenges off the “main” dirt road. It’s great for a day trip. I combined it with a trip to Lake Berryessa to breakup all the driving.
Lots of beautiful campsites and recovering landscapes

Highly recommend that you plan it with a visit to Lake Berryessa
Thanks for the tips. Maybe at some point we could meet for a trip with others in the area. I haven't been to Hollister in quite a few years but might even be up for a trip back that way.

throttlebc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara, 1966 Land Rover Series IIa
I'm new to the Bay Area and new to Jeeps as I just got a 4xe Sahara. My daughter and I did a light break-in on Old Coast Road yesterday and had a great time. From Mountain View, it was 6 hours total, including a lunch at Phil's Fish Market. I'd like to join some meet-ups and find some groups in the area.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any one else in the Bay Area? IMG_1574 2

70sKid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03S2000 '03Tacoma '08E90M3 '21JLUR392 (ordered)
So, any one else in the bay area? I picked mine up yesterday and aside from crawling during rush hour traffic, where are some good spots to take her out?

would love to get a little crew together at some point and do some group events too, anything like that would be great for down the road.
Hi,
I just put an order in for a rig and hopefully it'll show up sooner than later. Would love to join the group and get out on the trails.

Sponsored

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the east bay and just picked up my 392 Wrangler a few weeks ago. Definitely interested in getting together.

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Oakland and have yet to check out Hollister Hills but would love to do so, I'm free Saturday during the day

I was gonna check out the 4 wheel parts Jeep/ Truck fest down in San Mateo which is also this weekend, 7th/ 8th. Was gonna go on Sunday if anyone wants to meet up that could be fun!

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Oakland and have yet to check out Hollister Hills but would love to do so, I'm free Saturday during the day

I was gonna check out the 4 wheel parts Jeep/ Truck fest down in San Mateo which is also this weekend, 7th/ 8th. Was gonna go on Sunday if anyone wants to meet up that could be fun!
I might be interested in meeting up / showing up for the fest, what are the details?
Sponsored