NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hello,
I am picking up my new Jeep at Koon's in Tyson Corners. I am flying down on Saturday morning and my daughter is coming with me. We have decided to make a trip of it and thinking about staying on or near DC to visit the National Mall area. Any recommendations on how to best do that and where to stay? Concerned about parking? Appreciate any recommendations from people that know the area.
Sponsored

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Hello,
I am picking up my new Jeep at Koon's in Tyson Corners. I am flying down on Saturday morning and my daughter is coming with me. We have decided to make a trip of it and thinking about staying on or near DC to visit the National Mall area. Any recommendations on how to best do that and where to stay? Concerned about parking? Appreciate any recommendations from people that know the area.
If it were me, I'd stay in Tyson's Corner near Koons and take the Metro to/from Tyson's Corner to the Smithsonian Station (Mall). I wouldn't bother driving in DC for sightseeing, especially with a shiny new Wrangler.

Pro-tip...It will be 94 on Saturday and 91 on Sunday and likely humid as heck. That might not seem like much, but coming RIGHT out of spring like that will be a jolt for most. If you've never been to DC, rent bikes or scooters and see everything QUICKLY. There is no better way to see the exterior of everything. Otherwise, you are looking at 6-10 miles of walking easy.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Second the Metro reccomendation - stay in VA, park at the nearest Metro, use cabs/uber around DC - it's a long way from the mall to the zoo. You can spend days on the mall alone, exploring museums & monuments.

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Agree with them. Definitely stay in Virginia over near Tyson's and Metro into DC. Cheers 🍻

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Hello,
And let us know how your purchase and delivery experience goes with Koons. I'm waiting on my 12/13 JLUR-XR order through them.

Sponsored

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,
Turn left out of the dealership parking lot, head west, and wheel Peter’s Mill Run to get an easy Badge of Honor in Virginia. You did say you were picking up a jeep, right?
:jk:

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Turn left out of the dealership parking lot, head west, and wheel Peter’s Mill Run to get an easy Badge of Honor in Virginia. You did say you were picking up a jeep, right?
:jk:
Agree. Have fun out in Luray. Check out Triple Crown BBQ and Copper Fox Distillery after you “wheel” Peter’s Mill.
Sponsored