Sponsored

Any North Central WI clubs?

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Anyone know of any 4wd or jeep clubs in north central WI?

Also looking at good mild trails to take the family on this fall after I get the upcoming JLR broken in properly. Thinking of the 7hr plane crash trail, maybe pipeline? Any others to look into?

Thanks
Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
It sounds like we're pretty much after the same thing. I haven't done any exploring yet, but am looking at the Nicolet and Manistee forests up there.

I'm outside of Chicago and don't want to commit to a Jeep club way up north, but I do want to explore some trails. Maybe if there's enough interest, we can schedule a trip with somebody more knowledgeable of the area.

OP
OP

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
It sounds like we're pretty much after the same thing. I haven't done any exploring yet, but am looking at the Nicolet and Manistee forests up there.

I'm outside of Chicago and don't want to commit to a Jeep club way up north, but I do want to explore some trails. Maybe if there's enough interest, we can schedule a trip with somebody more knowledgeable of the area.
Yeah, Ive found some state wide groups, and some clubs around milwaukee, but not local to the northwoods and central WI, unless im just not looking in the right place for them.

I may join one of the state wide groups, but most of the events are pretty far from me, Id rather have something a little more local that I can be more active in.

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Anyone know of any 4wd or jeep clubs in north central WI?

Also looking at good mild trails to take the family on this fall after I get the upcoming JLR broken in properly. Thinking of the 7hr plane crash trail, maybe pipeline? Any others to look into?

Thanks
Take a look at RL4WD.com.
I usually run with the club out of Oshkosh, but they have a club out of tomahawk and Clintonville now too. Great groups. Also there is a group out of Green Bay thatā€™s called tittletown jeepers as well.

also I believe pipeline is now shut down to 4x4s due to people tearing it up. šŸ˜¢

I usually run with the club out of Oshkosh, but they have a club out of tomahawk and Clintonville now too. Great groups. Also there is a group out of Green Bay thatā€™s called tittletown jeepers as well.

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Also RL4WD is the statewide group for 4x4s but then you can join local clubs. Glacial lake 4x4 is the one I am with and we take care of private trails at camp sinawa in Valders, Wi. Great trails. I know there is also Tigerton, Wi that has the embarrass atv park but itā€™s no longer public. The club out of tomahawk takes care of that and we get to run that as well. Another fun area in Wisconsin. Anything in the Nicollet is great too, but can be tough finding other Jeepā€™s to head out with.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Take a look at RL4WD.com.

also I believe pipeline is now shut down to 4x4s due to people tearing it up. šŸ˜¢

Pipleline is closed? Well that sucks. Ive seem rl4elwd, didnt realize they had groups in tomahawk and clintonville, Im about halfway between both of those. Ill have to take a closer look, thanks!

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
My in-laws live on the north side of Green Bay and Iā€™m also looking for areas not far from there to explore. Any suggestions?

OP
OP

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
My in-laws live on the north side of Green Bay and Iā€™m also looking for areas not far from there to explore. Any suggestions?
Let us know if you find anything.

I want to do the 7hr plane crash trail but that starts up near crandon, and goes up into the UP to lake superior, thats a little ways away from Green Bay. I think there are some areas around Crivitz, but not sure what is open and what isnt.

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
So Iā€™m heading out that way this weekend (memorial day weekend). Thinking of saturday going up near Mountain, WI and Lakewood, WI. I read the stuff about pipeline but from what others are saying here it sounds like itā€™s closed? The web really had very little jeep trail information out there. Lots of ATV/SxS stuff though.

OP
OP

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
So Iā€™m heading out that way this weekend (memorial day weekend). Thinking of saturday going up near Mountain, WI and Lakewood, WI. I read the stuff about pipeline but from what others are saying here it sounds like itā€™s closed? The web really had very little jeep trail information out there. Lots of ATV/SxS stuff though.
Yeah thats basically what im finding too. Haven't been able to reach out to the small jeep groups up here but im planning on doing so once I get some free time.

Sponsored

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
So after doing A LOT of reading and triple checking with the US forest service hereā€™s the route I went on.

Before I begin: Some of this trail is closed during the year. Please check with the US forest service map to insure youā€™re legally driving on these roads during the correct time. Some of the pipeline (aka forest service road 55552) is now closed to vehicles over 50 inches. The state seems to love their SxS but be hating on the jeeps. I will say I had at least one running with a SxS going very high speed down the road and he had to slam on his brakes. I was doing about 10MPH.

Attached are some pictures so people can see where I went. When you look at the zoomed in photo youā€™ll see a green dot, a red line, and a blue dot. I started at the green dot and ended at the blue dot. The part highlighted in yellow is the section of the pipeline route that I ran. I will say it was damn impressive. There was ride around for just about everything, though even some of those ride arounds flexed me pretty good. Bone stock non-rubicon might be ok, but Iā€™d go with someone for sure. Iā€™m running 33ā€™s, rubicon suspension, rubicon fenders, disconnected sway bar, Limited slip rear diff, full skid plates + rock rails, and full set of recovery gear including winch. I also had a GMRS radio with me as the cell coverage was rather iffy.

The route I took on the pipeline road was going downhill. I will say that running that in reverse would be a lot more tricky. There was some stuff that was very impressive that Iā€™m guessing requires 35ā€™s+ though really 37ā€™s Iā€™m guessing. I would for sure go back again and I would like to explore more of the pipeline aka 55552.

For navigation I run Avenza Maps (free app) which will pull your GPS location and display them on PDFā€™s which have GPS metadata in them. Lucky for us US forest service (along with many other govā€™t entities) does put gps locations in their PDFā€™s. PDF Map to that section: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd489142.pdf

The cell coverage comes and goes in that area. Best to plan that you wonā€™t have coverage.

As for the other roads I took: 2005 was clearly some kinda of hunting camp road. Nothing special, just a nice drive in the woods. 3394 got real narrow and left some pinstrips down the side of my jeep. They came out with some scratch-x. I would not do that again. 2329 was very easy with a few puddles. It was a heavy 4wheeler & SxS route. This is where I ran into that jackass going way to fast. Just be on alert while going down that road.

Next time Iā€™m back in Green Bay Iā€™ll for sure hit this up again. Iā€™d like to start at the southern most part of 55552 and go north. Iā€™d like to explore it all if possible, though having another rig with me would make me feel better. My brother-in-law joined me and heā€™s no spotter at all. Iā€™d be more interested to try some of the harder stuff with a proper spotter to tell me if Iā€™m putting my tires in the right place.

Thereā€™s a lot to explore out there, but thereā€™s also a good amount of stuff we cannot go on. If you go out please make sure youā€™re on the correct trails. Donā€™t screw up a good thing for everyone. Also make sure to pick up your trash.

5F78AAAA-E414-4D41-8F15-DC8F99C507B5.jpeg

239453AB-A7C2-4D48-9B96-C6F5F882CCAC.jpeg

C8983579-F504-4C9F-A72D-15736DE9FB77.jpeg

OP
OP

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thats great! Thanks for the details!

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Iā€™m going back in that area today. I just updated the map and I see the pipeline road aka 55552 is now limited to 65ā€ wide vehicles. šŸ˜•

Well it was fun the one time I went on that trail. I was really looking forward to this now that Iā€™m on 35s. Guess Iā€™ll explore the area some more and see what I can find.
Sponsored