Sponsored

Any new developments in the “loose steering” saga?

Space ace

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
So I’ve been away on business for some time and haven’t been on here..
has there been any permanent fix to the steering issues, the looseness or 1-2” play in the steering wheel?
Drove mine the other day and was reminded how much I hate it.. lol..
and yes, I could spend hours searching through the long posts I’ve missed but I’m lazy, sue me..
thanks in advance
Sponsored

TJ&JL

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL, 2005 Jeep TJ
Read post 3119 page 208 Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts. There is a new Star online bulletin S1819000003 dated 2/26/19 that sounds promising.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I’ve been away on business for some time and haven’t been on here..
has there been any permanent fix to the steering issues, the looseness or 1-2” play in the steering wheel?
Drove mine the other day and was reminded how much I hate it.. lol..
and yes, I could spend hours searching through the long posts I’ve missed but I’m lazy, sue me..
thanks in advance
Here is a list - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-208#post-599731

And here is the info on the updated steering star case and new JL track bar with stiffer bushings, and new toe-in changes - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-209#post-600075

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Source: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-loose-and-or-wander.28197/page-3#post-764799

TSB # 02-003-19 Vehicle wanders and requires constant small steering corrections.
GROUP: 02 Front
Suspension
DATE: June 21, 2019

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the front track bar.

NOTE: If the vehicle symptom/condition is described with a sustained shake or shimmy in the steering wheel, as in the V41 recall, this bulletin should not be performed. Please refer to any open CSN’s, RRT’s, and other service documentation for that concern.

MODELS:
2018 - 2019
(JL) Jeep Wrangler
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NorthAmerica, APAC and EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after October 15, 2017 (MDH 1015XX) and on or before January 22, 2019 (MDH 0122XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may describe:
Vehicle wanders and requires constant small steering corrections.

DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Inspection Procedure.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

NOTE: A test drive is required to verify that the symptom/condition listed above is the customer concern. If a shake or shimmy is felt on the test drive this bulletin does not pertain.

1. Does the vehicle wander and require constant small steering corrections?
• YES>>> Proceed to Step 1 of the repair procedure.
• NO>>> This Bulletin does not apply. Normal diagnosis should be performed.

PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1 (AR) 68394087AA Track Bar LHD
1 (AR) 68394094AA Track Bar RHD
Sponsored