Sponsored

Any mod friendly dealers?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Most "decent" dealers are "mod friendly" just don't go in with a newly installed RC 4.5" lift and complain about death wobble. Seriously they can't legally deny you if your mod has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

OP
OP
hollywood323

hollywood323

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Most "decent" dealers are "mod friendly" just don't go in with a newly installed RC 4.5" lift and complain about death wobble. Seriously they can't legally deny you if your mod has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Thanks!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
Can't legally deny you, yes, but they'll bury you in court costs if you try to challenge them. They have an army of experts on staff who can make the appropriate connections and they don't have to prove that the modifications caused the failure, only that the modifications significantly increased the probability of failure.

For example, a lift might not directly cause death wobble but it changes steering angles and increases stresses on the relevant components that can cause death wobble.

Much easier to find an aforementioned mod-friendly dealership and there's enough of them around it's generally not an issue.

OP
OP
hollywood323

hollywood323

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Can't legally deny you, yes, but they'll bury you in court costs if you try to challenge them. They have an army of experts on staff who can make the appropriate connections and they don't have to prove that the modifications caused the failure, only that the modifications significantly increased the probability of failure.

For example, a lift might not directly cause death wobble but it changes steering angles and increases stresses on the relevant components that can cause death wobble.

Much easier to find an aforementioned mod-friendly dealership and there's enough of them around it's generally not an issue.
Any recommendations in Socal?

Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
I’ve had good experiences thus far with Scott Robinson Jeep in Torrance California. I have the 2” mopar lift and 37s and they haven’t ever said a thing about it. They actually talk about how everyone around the shop loves my Jeep haha!

OP
OP
hollywood323

hollywood323

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Took it to Russel Westbrook Jeep...they are totally cool about the lifted Jeep, cold air intake and muffler delete. Just removed the oil catch can....because i took it in for a oil leak on the valve covers on the VVT sensor. Also for the gearbox change.

DanoHB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
DCH in temecula took care of me. I even have a pending Lemon Law case against Chrysler for my Jeep and they were still amazing!!! The fixed jeep and I am waiting on a cash and keep check now from Chrysler.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i would assume HB Jeep is since they have a mod shop onsite.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I’ve had good experiences with Buena Park Jeep, I heard the shop foreman is a huge Jeep guy. I’ve seen a few fully built rigs there for service.

Jlhens03

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Looking for a mod friendly dealer in the tri state area of Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia. The mod friendly dealer I went to was just bought out and they have replaced some folks. Now the dealership isn’t mod friendly or even friendly in general for that matter

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Looking for a mod friendly dealer in the tri state area of Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia. The mod friendly dealer I went to was just bought out and they have replaced some folks. Now the dealership isn’t mod friendly or even friendly in general for that matter
Probably not too many people here in SoCal that know of any dealers in Ohio....good luck, though.
Sponsored