Any Metalcloak fans out there?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Here's a comparison between the OEM rubicon front shaft and the one that Metalcloak sells.

I ran the 3.5" game changer lift for one weekend before swapping out the drive shaft. In the snow. And I managed to tear the boot. ha

IMG_20190218_123224.jpg

IMG_20190218_123228.jpg

IMG_20190218_123239.jpg
Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here's a comparison between the OEM rubicon front shaft and the one that Metalcloak sells.

I ran the 3.5" game changer lift for one weekend before swapping out the drive shaft. In the snow. And I managed to tear the boot. ha
I'll probably order from them since I'm not in CA and so far really like the company and want to make sure they get my business.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'll probably order from them since I'm not in CA and so far really like the company and want to make sure they get my business.
They are about an hour away from me. Thus I get to save a little $$$ by going out there to pick up stuff.

They are good folk. And have absolutely no problem answering questions and/or having lengthy conversations.

I have dealt with Jon quite a bit. Great guy.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Can you get a measurement to the tallest point? I'm thinking of doing the same, but want to make sure it can fit in the garage.
I can when I get home and get my tape. How much clearance does your garage have? I actually measured it before for the same reason, just don't remember what it was. I wanna say its 6'6 or 6'7 high but I'll verify and get back to you.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We’re an “authorized installer” for MC. As mentioned they are a top tier company and put out a great product. One of the things I respect and like about them is that they direct sell to the customer or an authorized installer only. They won’t sell thru an internet only seller. I think this helps ensure quality after the sale. When I had questions on install, they were awesome and knew exactly what I was asking. For our issue, I had ordered the lift months before our Jeep came in. In that time they had made some improvements to the product and released the current instructions. Well I had an older version with the new instructions and found some confusion. Besides that, they got us lined out and we’re very happy being apart of the team.

If you don’t want to install yourself, get on their website and find an installer. There’s some tricks and tips they will know that are MC specific. A lift makes the install much easier but it can be done in the garage with jack stands too!

Brett

Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I can when I get home and get my tape. How much clearance does your garage have? I actually measured it before for the same reason, just don't remember what it was. I wanna say its 6'6 or 6'7 high but I'll verify and get back to you.
I just checked my garage and I have 81” total from floor to lowest point in the door.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I just checked my garage and I have 81” total from floor to lowest point in the door.
81” = 6FT 9IN for those scratching their head and mentally trying to carry the 1 lol

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Yeah mine is about 76 inches high. I have 4-5 inches of clearance with my garage entry.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah mine is about 76 inches high. I have 4-5 inches of clearance with my garage entry.
Awesome thanks. Can’t wait to get it all hooked up. Have heard amazing things about their products and look forward to driving over bigger stuff.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Awesome thanks. Can’t wait to get it all hooked up. Have heard amazing things about their products and look forward to driving over bigger stuff.
Nice, well mine is looking and running great. there was actually a guy in the parking lot that had a 2.5 inch lift that was inspecting mine and said he wanted a 3.5 in like mine haha.

Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice, well mine is looking and running great. there was actually a guy in the parking lot that had a 2.5 inch lift that was inspecting mine and said he wanted a 3.5 in like mine haha.
I was concerned it would look strange with 35s

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I was concerned it would look strange with 35s
Well I don't think anyone thinks mine looks strange, everyone seems to love it. But it will definitely look better when I regear and move to 37's. I am going to hold off on switching the fender flares until after I move to 37's because a thinner flare prolly would make my 35's look a bit small with the lift.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well I don't think anyone thinks mine looks strange, everyone seems to love it. But it will definitely look better when I regear and move to 37's. I am going to hold off on switching the fender flares until after I move to 37's because a thinner flare prolly would make my 35's look a bit small with the lift.
I agree I was concerned, but after seeing your's I love the look. Thanks for the info and help.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Just bought the 2.5" GC Rocksport edition for mu JLUR. Will be putting it on in the next couple of weeks once the weather warms up a bit. Might paint the arms and trackbar red in the meantime though.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just bought the 2.5" GC Rocksport edition for mu JLUR. Will be putting it on in the next couple of weeks once the weather warms up a bit. Might paint the arms and trackbar red in the meantime though.
I read through the install instructions and it says you shouldn’t paint the components. Not sure why it would matter though.
Sponsored