Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Were they the best you ever tasted?
LMAO, just stopped for gas. This was on the way home from picking her up from the dealership

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Have any of you extended your breaklines, breather tubes, rear locker harness, E brake cable, etc with your kits? I just installed the 6pak shocks last night with our 3.5" GC kit. I already saw some stretch in the locker wires in the rear and that was with the stock shocks with the kit (no flex lol). No way that shit won't rip out now.
You need to cut the ties to the locker and CAD cables to the axles with the 3.5" lift to give them a little more length. I got full droop with my 3.5" MC lift and ripped them out at Moab.

Love my MC lift on my JLU... performs amazing both on and off road

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My brother has the MC 3.5 gamechanger installed with rockport shocks. You can see it next to my stock Rubi. He has the Poison Spyder cruiser bumper and Warn 10S winch and 37 heavy tires. The Front is higher than the back by 1.5 inches even without the steel rear bumper installed. Just be prepared for a higher front end. Ride is stiffer than stock which was expected. Steering has improved compared to my stock. Less wander.

20190128_171533.jpg
That's disappointing. I personally just can't stand the ass-low look, and it only gets worse when you load your gear.

I'm seriously gonna ask if I can get a 2.5 front/3.5 rear kit

Sponsored

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That's disappointing. I personally just can't stand the ass-low look, and it only gets worse when you load your gear.

I'm seriously gonna ask if I can get a 2.5 front/3.5 rear kit

FB9vox-kQiIZArKN0D7esagRxXRfzQ5ryJPOZmeXMIVCiMf-sb-x4lrVF1t2CsLhN8sTUpeK1393ZsQo7kiHz3S7Zg=w2400.jpg

9QlGzD0H3Bw8ksxt3WT6o8p9tHZAqrD1cp-5tDNa6Y4sUDwhnZGmVN-q8aJb9P3bEBsjQMpGH2rLOpy86sFzkIeN9w=w2400.jpg

Dunno what to tell you, but a 3.5" MC lift doesn't leave me with a sagging rear end, or 1.5" inches more of lift in the front than in the rear. If you go with the 2.5" front and 3.5" rear, definitely post some pictures.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dunno what to tell you, but a 3.5" MC lift doesn't leave me with a sagging rear end, or 1.5" inches more of lift in the front than in the rear. If you go with the 2.5" front and 3.5" rear, definitely post some pictures.
Yeah I don't mind that stance at all.

Conflicting info

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yeah I don't mind that stance at all.

Conflicting info
I think we've got 8-9 guys in the club I run with, that have Metalcloak (most are JK's, only one other JL.) but none of them are having the issue with the rear end being lower than the front. I know a couple have 5.7 Hemi's (one has a 6.4) which could account for it being even, because that's a lot of extra weight, but the rest were running the 4.5" available for the JK, and none have the same issue. All running with 37's or 40's, so some significant weight on the rear.

I've seen a couple of people on the forums that say that about different lift kits, but I haven't seen one in person. I'm sure there is a reason it happened for the one guy, and that I've got no idea what it would be. That said....I'd have nothing but confidence in the product. I suspect that's an isolated case....just based on the amount of folks who have positive feedback. Just my 2 cents (which is admittedly not worth a ton!)

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well I went ahead and ordered the 2.5. I'm banking it'll provide more like 3"+. I don't really have any heavy body armor and am kinda liking the idea of just keeping the plastic bumpers....and I don't really want a winch based upon previous 'wheeling experience and useage - - that's just me.

MetalCloak says their lift heights are based upon the assumption you're running all their body protection/accessories/whatever (again I'm paraphrasing), so if not you might wind up with more lift than stated.

MetalCloak said it would certainly not be out of the question to run 2.5 springs front/3.5 rear.

They also said they're working on a HD coil setup for the rear as an option for "overlanders" (my word, not theirs).

Anyway if it looks like a wanna-be dez racer with the 2.5" installed I'll order the 3.5" coils just for the rear........

edit: or hell - - maybe I could just do a 1" spacer if needed??

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@D60

I think you are right, my 3.5" puts me slightly higher than a JK with a 4.5" lift. Pretty sure you will get will get more than 3" once installed.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to be ordering the 3.5. What are you guys seeing for lift on them? I didnt think i saw guys getting a bunch more lift...?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The guy with the 1.5 inch difference between front and rear likely got the wrong springs from MC. Mistakes happen, I would get a hold of them.

How does the ride quality differ from stock with an MC lift? I really love how my stock JLUR rig rides on the road and dont want it to change much from that.....

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The guy with the 1.5 inch difference between front and rear likely got the wrong springs from MC. Mistakes happen, I would get a hold of them.

How does the ride quality differ from stock with an MC lift? I really love how my stock JLUR rig rides on the road and dont want it to change much from that.....
I think it is more impacted by the tires than anything else. I have the 3.5 with RockSport and it is very close to stock. MC lift is outstanding.
I have 37s Ridge Grappler D load range and very happy, but it is a much heavier tire/wheel than stock and you feel that in some cases in the steering. It is a daily driver...

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
FB9vox-kQiIZArKN0D7esagRxXRfzQ5ryJPOZmeXMIVCiMf-sb-x4lrVF1t2CsLhN8sTUpeK1393ZsQo7kiHz3S7Zg=w2400.jpg

9QlGzD0H3Bw8ksxt3WT6o8p9tHZAqrD1cp-5tDNa6Y4sUDwhnZGmVN-q8aJb9P3bEBsjQMpGH2rLOpy86sFzkIeN9w=w2400.jpg

Amazing look on you jeep sir. Where did you get your rear bumper delete protection for the tub. Me like-E.
Sponsored