multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I've had my 2019 JL since August, 6500km on it and I have already had to have my clutch replaced. It started smoking one night during a less than 2 min drive. Of course they could not duplicate the problem, and instead tried to claim user error. I have only ever driven manual cars so I know this is not from user error. I've had 7 and only ever replaced 1 clutch after over 300k. I just got it back and now the pedal slams right to the floor when pressed and seemed to come back up in two steps. Any ideas if this is normal? Or what the problem could be. Thanks for any input, this is my first Jeep so not really sure what to expect.
That ainā€™t normal, take it back to them! Clutch should come up with even pressure the whole time. Only car Iā€™ve ever driven with uneven pressure was a ā€˜12 Camaro.
Sponsored

StacieMay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Manual Sport S Mojito. 2016 Ram 1500 Blue Streak, 2008 Mazda 3 Sport Maunal
That ainā€™t normal, take it back to them! Clutch should come up with even pressure the whole time. Only car Iā€™ve ever driven with uneven pressure was a ā€˜12 Camaro.
That's what I thought, I will be going back to them today Thanks.

Riderkjo

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 16 Crosstrek
Vehicle Showcase
I've definitely noticed the rev hang but it's unbearable if I'm accelerating quickly from a stop. It continues to accelerate for about .5 seconds after I take my foot off the gas then RPMs won't drop for another 2 seconds after pressing the clutch pedal. It likes slow shifting with breaks in between.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I've definitely noticed the rev hang but it's unbearable if I'm accelerating quickly from a stop. It continues to accelerate for about .5 seconds after I take my foot off the gas then RPMs won't drop for another 2 seconds after pressing the clutch pedal. It likes slow shifting with breaks in between.
Yep, that's just how it is. I've found that my Jeep slows down very quickly, so the faster you shift obviously the less time it takes. The faster you are going then the higher the rev in the next gear. I kind of have 2 different "muscle memories" for 1st to 2nd depending on how fast I want to shift. It really isn't the rev hang that kills it, but the huge difference in the 1st and 2nd gear ratios. All modern cars have to have rev hang because of emissions. You are going from 5.13 to 2.63, so its like a 2k rev difference between 1st and 2nd. For reference, in 2017+ Camaros they are 2.66 to 1.78, so can shift faster because there isn't as much of a difference in the revs.

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
I just found out thereā€™s other gears besides third!

Sponsored

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
had an issue where my clutch was feeling "sticky", like it was stuck on a piece of gum on the way back up for the first initial inch or so. Took it to dealer 3x and turns out it was a leaking slave/master cylinder and had to be bled a couple times. Feeling finally went away within the next 1000 miles or so.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
At 2000 miles I am getting a similar vibration to what others have described here. It's not terrible, but it wasn't there 2 days ago. Seems to be mid range rpm under acceleration. I am just going to keep driving, if it gets worse it's under warranty. Just disappointed to see this may be a common issue.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
36k miles. Nothing strange, even after the recall.

If you are feeling strange things in your clutch, turn off hill assist and see if that helps.
Sponsored