Any Louisiana peeps?

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
Any JL owners/soon-to-be owners in Louisiana?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Madora

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. New Orleans. Currently in build status G. What about yourself?
Jeep chat says I am in shipping (dealer says I). I’m in the Tunica area. We have an off-road lease up here & the guys run group rides most Sundays.

Can’t wait to take the JL in the woods up here!

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
That sounds awesome. Do you have a jeep now?

Also, what did you order and when? I’m trying to get an idea of when I can expect mine as I am still yet to see any here at the dealerships.

musicman72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Any JL owners/soon-to-be owners in Louisiana?
I'm one state over in Mississippi. Your profile says you have/had a Wrangler Rubicon and a Ram Rebel. Those are the exact two vehicles I'm cross shopping. Anything you especially liked/dislike about the Rebel?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Madora

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds awesome. Do you have a jeep now?

Also, what did you order and when? I’m trying to get an idea of when I can expect mine as I am still yet to see any here at the dealerships.
My husband’s Jeep is a 2014 rubicon. I ordered a granite unlimited rubicon. I ordered 1/4/18. I’m a bit surprised at how quick it has gone so far

OP
OP
Madora

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm one state over in Mississippi. Your profile says you have/had a Wrangler Rubicon and a Ram Rebel. Those are the exact two vehicles I'm cross shopping. Anything you especially liked/dislike about the Rebel?
I LOVE the air ride and the ram boxes are a must. I didn’t think the ram boxes were anything special when we bought the truck, but they have proved to be a must have for us. I’ve seen other similar features on different manufacturers. I think Ram is the one that got it right there. Well placed & easy to access, with a lot of room.

The air ride thing is nice with our 7 year old. It allows him easier access to the truck without buying a squatted truck. It also helps give the truck a very smooth ride. There is a world of difference between the ride quality in the rebel vs the JK or even the JKU I owned. We took the rebel on our holiday road trip & I can’t say enough about how comfortable the ride was.

I don’t think there’s really anything I dislike about the rebel, except maybe the gas mileage. ‍♀

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My husband’s Jeep is a 2014 rubicon. I ordered a granite unlimited rubicon. I ordered 1/4/18. I’m a bit surprised at how quick it has gone so far
Yeah that is quick. I ordered mine a week before you and I’m not that far along.i did get a bunch of the added packages though so maybe that slows it down.

OP
OP
Madora

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I’m not sure there’s any rhyme or reason to it. I got a soft top & everything except steel bumpers, color matched fenders, & smokers group. I’ve also seen people told their Jeep was built then sit in shipping for a week or more. I’m just hoping mine comes sooner rather than later.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
NELA - West Monroe

Just ordered my JL a couple weeks ago received VIN yesterday, getting back into Jeeps after a little hiatus.

JLU Sport S
Firecracker Red
Tan seats
Soft top
Some other upgrades

Sponsored

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
NELA - West Monroe

Just ordered my JL a couple weeks ago received VIN yesterday, getting back into Jeeps after a little hiatus.

JLU Sport S
Firecracker Red
Tan seats
Soft top
Some other upgrades
Yeah I guess they are all over the place then. I got my VIN pretty quick and my VON almost immediately. Had a ship date of 1/24 and appears it moved from D1 at that point and in G as of yesterday.

I got a rubicon, and only things I didn’t add was cold wether package and leather seats. Ordered on 12/29

Last edited:

musicman72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
I LOVE the air ride and the ram boxes are a must. I didn’t think the ram boxes were anything special when we bought the truck, but they have proved to be a must have for us. I’ve seen other similar features on different manufacturers. I think Ram is the one that got it right there. Well placed & easy to access, with a lot of room.

The air ride thing is nice with our 7 year old. It allows him easier access to the truck without buying a squatted truck. It also helps give the truck a very smooth ride. There is a world of difference between the ride quality in the rebel vs the JK or even the JKU I owned. We took the rebel on our holiday road trip & I can’t say enough about how comfortable the ride was.

I don’t think there’s really anything I dislike about the rebel, except maybe the gas mileage. ‍♀
Thank you for the great feedback on the Ram Rebel. I went to the dealership today and did a test drive....and was very impressed. They didn't have any with the Rambox cargo system so I'll have to do some looking around. Between February being "truck month" (according to the sales rep) and the new Wranglers and the new 2019 1500's coming very soon, it looks like there will be a lot of great options on the new vehicles, and a lot of great deals on the existing inventory.

OP
OP
Madora

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baton Rouge
Just placed my order last week!!!
Where did you order from? I ordered from Matt Bowers in St. francisville early January because the BR dealers wouldn’t come much off of MSRP. Hopefully they’re making some better deals now, or you went elsewhere.

JABoyd

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Where did you order from? I ordered from Matt Bowers in St. francisville early January because the BR dealers wouldn’t come much off of MSRP. Hopefully they’re making some better deals now, or you went elsewhere.
I tried all the local dealers, about 1k off MSRP is all they would do.
Ordered from Kim in Conway, AR.
Gonna make a road trip out of it when it comes in
Sponsored