Sponsored

Any LED DRL that don't need a flash?

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Thanks. I ended up just buying some LED replacement bulbs on Amazon that were made for the JL and it worked out great

20191030_084915.jpg
How do the DRL's behave relative to stock? So the stock ones are "bright" with the headlights off, then they dim when the headlights are on, but don't turn fully off.

Nice looking front end. What headlights are those BTW?
Sponsored

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice!

The suspense is killing me! Got any pics or a description of how they function?
I'll upload a picture tonight.
The good:
<> they look awesome
<> did not need a taser to install
<> installation was able to be done with only removing part of the inner liner

The bad:
<> there were no installation instructions
<> bracket needs a M6 (or M5 I don't remember) that was not included
<> the bracket does not fit tight in the fender cavity. This is a concern for me, because I live in Chicago and am worried about ice and salt grim building up behind the light and inner fender. I added tape behind the light and sealed it with exterior caulk

It looks awesome, but I don't know how well the setup will last where I live.

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'll upload a picture tonight.
The good:
<> they look awesome
<> did not need a taser to install
<> installation was able to be done with only removing part of the inner liner

The bad:
<> there were no installation instructions
<> bracket needs a M6 (or M5 I don't remember) that was not included
<> the bracket does not fit tight in the fender cavity. This is a concern for me, because I live in Chicago and am worried about ice and salt grim building up behind the light and inner fender. I added tape behind the light and sealed it with exterior caulk

It looks awesome, but I don't know how well the setup will last where I live.
IMG_0896.jpg

1572920428434_IMG_0895.jpg

1572920427227_IMG_0898.jpg

1572920428620_IMG_0894.jpg

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
The lighting looks nice.

Sorry to hear they did not fit well. I think I can see where you put the bead of sealant. Wonder what @Quake LED would have to say about that.

Last edited:

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I also got the amazon ones noted above. For about ~$50 I'm pretty happy with them. No hyperflash on the turn signals either.

Before
IMG_2787.jpg

Driver's side done

IMG_2793.jpg

Both
IMG_2815.jpg

Driver's side LED turn signal (before I did passenger side DRL)
IMG_2794.jpg

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I really like the looks of these. Any resolution from Quake in the fitment issue? Thoughts after a month of use?
I have not had any more issues with lights. In fact the exterior caulk is now fully cured and is holding up really well to the hand car washes it was exposed to.

Regarding the question if I would buy them again, I still don't know. AAL sell the plug and play circuitry that allow you to install LED DRL without a tazer. That being said I could have bought the morimoto DRL lights and the in-line circuit for less money and an OEM like fit. However, I love the custom look of the lights.

I have still have not heard back from quake (and at this point I don't think I will)

20191223_193006.jpg

Last edited:

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I’m looking for led drl lights That work properly
Any suggestions?
Amazon has couple brands
I think is akmties and those are like $160 but i don’t know how they work
Ann the other brand is quadratec and those are like $190 each side again don’t know if they work
I know they are available on morimoto but it looks like customers have problems with this brand and don’t wanna a get a taser in order for them to work

Sponsored

MxEffrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have not had any more issues with lights. In fact the exterior caulk is now fully cured and is holding up really well to the hand car washes it was exposed to.

Regarding the question if I would buy them again, I still don't know. AAL sell the plug and play circuitry that allow you to install LED DRL without a tazer. That being said I could have bought the morimoto DRL lights and the in-line circuit for less money and an OEM like fit. However, I love the custom look of the lights.

I have still have not heard back from quake (and at this point I don't think I will)

20191223_193006.jpg
Great feedback. Thanks! Is AAL American Adventure Lab? I didn’t realize they had the circuitry to fix the problem. That’s good to know. I was hoping Quake fixed the issue for you, but I guess I will go back to looking at the Morimotos. Their website says they are on back order while they are working a fix to the compatibility issue. Hopefully they find a fix so I don’t have to get the extra circuitry.

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Great feedback. Thanks! Is AAL American Adventure Lab? I didn’t realize they had the circuitry to fix the problem. That’s good to know. I was hoping Quake fixed the issue for you, but I guess I will go back to looking at the Morimotos. Their website says they are on back order while they are working a fix to the compatibility issue. Hopefully they find a fix so I don’t have to get the extra circuitry.
https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-bulb-out-fix-harness/
Sponsored