Sponsored

Any Jack mounts that will fit the Mopar tire carrier?

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where did you get that rear brake light?
It’s just a round light I picked up at a local automotive store. I attached an L bracket to it.
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well teraflex said it still be a few months. The page I linked is now replaced with a coming soon page. :(

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
cool beans, I plan to pick one up once its out.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I got into chat with teraflex a month or 2 ago and they couldn't even confirm they were working on it. I'm really hoping it comes out this year.

I'd like to see the other "Accessories" for the mopar tailgate soon too.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not quite finished. I need to get some better washers and after looking at the fourth hole that I didn't use, I think I could slot it and make it work. I'll give that a try on the weekend. Of the three mounting holes that I did use, only the bottom two needed to be slotted.
The Teraflex jack mounting kit comes with two long black nuts which you can see in the picture. I had to drastically shorten them or the jack would hit the tail light when the tailgate is fully open. (you'll need a metal chop saw if you want a good straight cut)

The jack sits just under 1/4" above the bumper. I would have liked to have more space but then the jack would hit the tail light.
IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5218.JPG
Have you installed a CB antenna too the mount? I saw that it says that you can put the antenna on it. I have the tire carrier already from Teraflex but I don’t have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement. Would you recommend the reinforcement or do you think it really only adds weight to the tailgate? Awesome setup by the way!

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Have you installed a CB antenna too the mount? I saw that it says that you can put the antenna on it. I have the tire carrier already from Teraflex but I don’t have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement. Would you recommend the reinforcement or do you think it really only adds weight to the tailgate? Awesome setup by the way!
I have since switched to a different jack mount because I didn’t like having to unbolt the jack to remove it. I think the one I have now is from rugged ridge. As for the mopar tailgate reinforcement, I’m sure it helps somewhat from twisting but couldn’t say by how much. If I was to buy something like that now I would go with Maximus-3.
Sponsored