Sponsored

Any Jack mounts that will fit the Mopar tire carrier?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, I'm looking for a jack mount that will fit on a Mopar tire carrier. Has anyone seen anything like that yet? Does anyone know if the tailgate hinge holes are spaced the same as the JK?
Sponsored

Last edited:

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, I'm looking for a jack mount that will fit on a Mopar tire carrier. Has anyone seen anything like that yet? Does anyone know if the tailgate hinge holes are spaced the same as the JK?
I can check it out tomorrow for you. I've still got my Teraflex accessory mount from my JK.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered a teraflex tailgate jack mount and im going to mod it to fit. I was told by teraflex that the holes are close enough that I just need to slot them. I will let everyone know how it goes. :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Watching. I would love to see some pictures.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm not quite finished. I need to get some better washers and after looking at the fourth hole that I didn't use, I think I could slot it and make it work. I'll give that a try on the weekend. Of the three mounting holes that I did use, only the bottom two needed to be slotted.
The Teraflex jack mounting kit comes with two long black nuts which you can see in the picture. I had to drastically shorten them or the jack would hit the tail light when the tailgate is fully open. (you'll need a metal chop saw if you want a good straight cut)

The jack sits just under 1/4" above the bumper. I would have liked to have more space but then the jack would hit the tail light.
IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5218.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For recovery I have an attachment to the hi-lift jack that lets me lift up a tire so I can put a rock or dirt under it. I can use the jack as a come-along and pull my jeep backwards if I had to. When I get my rock sliders, I can then use the jack on the sliders and lift the jeep to change a tire or for other recovery reasons.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm not quite finished. I need to get some better washers and after looking at the fourth hole that I didn't use, I think I could slot it and make it work. I'll give that a try on the weekend. Of the three mounting holes that I did use, only the bottom two needed to be slotted.
The Teraflex jack mounting kit comes with two long black nuts which you can see in the picture. I had to drastically shorten them or the jack would hit the tail light when the tailgate is fully open. (you'll need a metal chop saw if you want a good straight cut)

The jack sits just under 1/4" above the bumper. I would have liked to have more space but then the jack would hit the tail light.
IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5218.JPG
Nice work! It looks great on there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finally got it all done and painted up the cuts I made. I was able to slot out that fourth mounting hole.
IMG_5225.JPG

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice. But do you think it would clear with a 37" tire? Looks awfully close to your 35s.
There is a little over one inch towards the back of the jack mount so maybe.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Doh, I thought I had checked opening the glass but I guess not because when I tried, the glass hatch hit the jack mount and I couldn't open it. :swear:

So more mods had to be done:
Before:
before.jpg
and after:
after.jpg

And on top of that, I could not close the tailgate with the hatch open. Not a big deal but I need to do that in order to take my hardtop off. So I had to cut two inches off the top of my Hi-lift jack.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got it all done and painted up the cuts I made. I was able to slot out that fourth mounting hole.
IMG_5225.JPG
Where did you get that rear brake light?
Sponsored