Any issues with front track bar from rough country

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
I ordered a rear but since the front takes alot more punishment should i get a beefier one or is RC ok
37/12.5/20 tires
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I'm not a fan at all of anything Rough Country. For their track bars, their only claim is that it's twice as heavy as the factory TB. It doesn't say anything about being actually stronger. Added weight doesn't necessarily equate to added strength. Strong track bars with high quality bushings are very important for a Jeep to handle properly.

Looking at their TB's, it appears they use the stock type Clevite rubber bushings and a stock type of tie rod adjuster. Those two items aren't known for being strong. The rubber bushing can get deformed, leading to play in the bushing, and the rubber also does not like to twist/articulate.

If you're a pavement princess, mall crawler, etc. and don't go off road, then it will probably be alright for awhile. But if you're going off road and need articulation and want your Jeep to handle well on the road, spend a little bit more and get a high quality track bar. Especially when you're spinning 37's.

You can get Metalcloak track bars for about $200 each, Clayton and Steers Smarts TB's are a little more but very high quality too. I like the Rock Krawler front TB, but not the rear. I use a RK in the front and Clayton in the rear.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I second this, not a fan of their stuff.

OP
OP
GreatWhite13

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
do you guys think a rear track bar would be ok ?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
do you guys think a rear track bar would be ok ?
I'll stand by my evaluation of the RC track bar in particular. You'll be better off in the long run with a higher quality unit.

The old adage of "You get what you pay for" is very true when it comes to Jeep parts. There are several companies which make high quality parts. Then there are several companies which make parts which look good, but ultimately are junk.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I have a Synergy front with hardly any miles on it for sale in the parts section if you are interested.
Sponsored