Sponsored

Any issues with aftermarket bumpers on 2019 with safety sensors, ACC, etc?

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Are there any issues with aftermarket bumpers on 2019 JLUR messing up any of the fancy electronic sensors for safety features like emergency braking and adaptive cruise control, etc?
Sponsored

2008jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
Adaptive cruise is found at upper windshield behind mirror so no problems with that. Mine works with 3.5 lift

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
OEM front bumpers have to meet crash standards for when to stay ridged when to crumple. Aftermarket, of course, do not.

I’ve seen aftermarket pre drilled for backup sensors. For the items in the front you mentioned, Jeep anticipated the aftermarket updates and moved the sensors to front window in front of mirror.

First Name
YouDontReally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLJS72 Rubicon 2Dr
So this took a bit of research to verify, thank you Zazoh for giving your input. Now that I have worked so hard, I thought I could share!

We actually had to do a customer information request to Smittybilt, they responded back that they do predrill the holes for the back bumper to go with the correct model number and year you are ordering for.

Also, yes, for the front, you don't have to worry, Jeep knows what they are doing, they know we love to modify! The front sensors are way up in the windshield, nowhere near the bumper area.
Sponsored