Sponsored

Any issues on the 4XE plug in port door opening while driving?

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2022 4XE Rubicon and its been bulletproof thus far. Except for this one major issue :) The little plug in door where the charge port is keeps opening when driving. It is under warranty, it will be fixed, and its not a big issue at all. I was only curious if others have had the same issue with theirs. It has been a great machine thus far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any issues on the 4XE plug in port door opening while driving? tempImageNXea2i
Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Mine has never opened while driving, even when driving through heavy brush, but I used to forget to close it all the time. It's only taken me ~18 months to develop the habit to close it when removing the charger.

BigLebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe 1999 Mazda Miata
This thread gives me hope. All those times I "forgot to close it", I didn't! :CWL:

Honestly I have not noticed this has happened. I am pretty sure the only times it was open after driving. It was me. Can I ask is this highway driving or just around town? I am wondering if speed has any affect on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
This thread gives me hope. All those times I "forgot to close it", I didn't! :CWL:

Honestly I have not noticed this has happened. I am pretty sure the only times it was open after driving. It was me. Can I ask is this highway driving or just around town? I am wondering if speed has any affect on it.
Hi there! Yes it was highway driving on a windy day actually. I thought well maybe my speed with the wind was doing it and stopped and shut it 2 times. Then I noticed it started doing it in actual city driving as well on different days. It still has the spring feeling to it when shutting. But the latching mechanism must be letting it go somehow. I might see if I can get to the latching mechanism and lubricate it. If I find anything out I will share, just in case others run into it. Such a minor thing I know. But I just wanted to share.

BigLebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe 1999 Mazda Miata
Hi there! Yes it was highway driving on a windy day actually. I thought well maybe my speed with the wind was doing it and stopped and shut it 2 times. Then I noticed it started doing it in actual city driving as well on different days. It still has the spring feeling to it when shutting. But the latching mechanism must be letting it go somehow. I might see if I can get to the latching mechanism and lubricate it. If I find anything out I will share, just in case others run into it. Such a minor thing I know. But I just wanted to share.

I am glad you did. I am interested to see how this turns out.

ewizzle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, 2022 X5 45e
Mine used to open all the time when I drove it. However when I swapped out my shocks for Fox from the stock Rubi reds, it stopped opening randomly when driving it on the road/highway. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Mine used to open all the time when I drove it. However when I swapped out my shocks for Fox from the stock Rubi reds, it stopped opening randomly when driving it on the road/highway. 🤷‍♂️
I actually fixed it with a little lubricant, but ending up selling the 4XE since my 392 will be here in 2 weeks. Can't wait for that. :)