Any interest in Frank Raines OHV?

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Being that winter is upon us and my favorite places in the sierras are snowed in, I’ve been looking for some places to play. In past years, I would have already had a dozen or so trail runs on the rubicon, fordyce, slickrock, etc... for this time of the year, but being that I no longer have a gnarly crawler, those itches to get out and play just aren’t being scratched.

Hollister is too far for a quick play day. Frank Raines is only in Patterson. I’ve never been there but have looked at some videos and pictures. Looks like a very mild place with interconnecting fire type roads, some creek beds, and a couple small rock gardens. Probably just fine for a create your own adventure kind of day.

Any of you guys want to make a day of it? I have no specific date in mind. I am available every other weekend with jan 12th being a weekend off.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I didn’t even know about this place. It’s only 1.5 hours drive for me. I’m game to check it out. Saturdays (except this coming one are generally open for me for the foreseeable future.

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just picked up my Jeep last week so I'm a new member here. Fairly new the whole off-road scene as well. Patterson is just a 20-30 min drive for me so I'm up for it. I have every weekend off so whatever day works for you guys.

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Only day I can't is the 19th (Sunday); beyond that I'm game for whenever/wherever.

I am available every other weekend with jan 12th being a weekend off.
I may be misunderstanding but sounds like you're available on the 12th? If so, let's aim for that!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shenanigans

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Only day I can't is the 19th (Sunday); beyond that I'm game for whenever/wherever.

I may be misunderstanding but sounds like you're available on the 12th? If so, let's aim for that!
I’ll run the 12th past my wife and see what her day looks like. My 6 year old daughter has been begging me for a Jeep ride. She can barely remember playing in my trail rigs when she was a toddler. I’ll be taking her on this trip just Incase anyone else was considering taking their little ones. Frank Raines has regular restrooms according to the county website, just FYI.

OP
OP
Shenanigans

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
So let’s get an official roll call of who is coming on the 12th.

Here is the location:
17802 Del Puerto Canyon Rd, Patterson, CA

I’m going to shoot for getting there at 9:30. I’m personally planning to head in sometime around 1:00-2:00.

*******edit: meet time changed*******

Last edited:

Sponsored

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in.

Looks like the odds of rain on Saturday are low but it'll likely be muddy (from Friday; forecast).

OP
OP
Shenanigans

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Well I spoke with the wife, she works nights and I forgot she was working the night prior. This changes my time of arrival slightly. I will be leaving Lodi around 8:00-8:15. Puts me in Patterson around 9:15-9:30.

Why don’t we meet at Starbucks off of the Sperry rd exit? It’s the same exit we will take to get to the park.

Might have another JLUR joining us too.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Unfortunately something came up and I won't be able to make it this weekend. :( Have fun y'all!

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well I spoke with the wife, she works nights and I forgot she was working the night prior. This changes my time of arrival slightly. I will be leaving Lodi around 8:00-8:15. Puts me in Patterson around 9:15-9:30.

Why don’t we meet at Starbucks off of the Sperry rd exit? It’s the same exit we will take to get to the park.

Might have another JLUR joining us too.
Yea we can meet at the Starbucks and head to the park from there. I’ll be there around 9:30.

Just to make sure we’re talking about the same Starbucks...

Starbucks
2952 Speno Dr, Patterson, CA 95363
Sponsored